Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone else just get done with preop appointments and waiting for approval?

All my results were finally sent to the surgeons office! yay, so I set up an appointment to go and see him Sept. 17 @ 2:45!! So I am guessing that's when all my info will be sent to the insurance company...cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is so different..I have completed everything but need to see the surgeon on 9-9...

1. Seminar in March

2. Talk classes..had to do 3

3. Nutristionist 2 times learn how to eat right & diet after surgery

4. Physical therapy 2 times

5. 1 on 1 with Psyc ($180.00 cash)

6. 5 weeks (once a week) classes with psyc ($220.00 cash)

7. Endoscopy, EKG, ultra sound

8. my primary care dr. for physical

9. blood work for every test out there.

10. 6 times with Bariatric nurse for weigh in

11. Finally made my weight goal, nurse made appt

12. Now to see the surgeon

13. wait for insurance approval & date

14. heaven only knows what else

No liquid diet..just had to lose 10 lbs..had to quit smoking & quit carbonated soda....

My surgery date is 9/17! So excited I debated for 4 years on whether or not to do! Now I've completed everything they've asked of me and I am ready!!!

I have an appt with my surgeon to get the "go ahead" for surgery and then submit to insurance. I am hoping to schedule the surgery date then too, pending approval of course. I am fairly confident that I will be approved. I meet the requirements, but you just never know with health insurance! So I will keep my fingers crossed for all of us hopefuls! :-)

You are in the same boat with me!! Im a wreck waiting for this...& Im 57 so its not that easy anymore...

My wait got extended longer... I was on regular Medicaid and all the paperwork was submitted and I was waiting for approval, I got a card in the mail that switched me from regular Medicaid to a managed care plan on Medicaid. I called my surgeons office, they had to cancel the paperwork that was already in and then refile with the new place. It's a new MCP one they said they haven't worked with yet so I am worried...

Everyone is so different..I have completed everything but need to see the surgeon on 9-9...

1. Seminar in March

2. Talk classes..had to do 3

3. Nutristionist 2 times learn how to eat right & diet after surgery

4. Physical therapy 2 times

5. 1 on 1 with Psyc ($180.00 cash)

6. 5 weeks (once a week) classes with psyc ($220.00 cash)

7. Endoscopy, EKG, ultra sound

8. my primary care dr. for physical

9. blood work for every test out there.

10. 6 times with Bariatric nurse for weigh in

11. Finally made my weight goal, nurse made appt

12. Now to see the surgeon

13. wait for insurance approval & date

14. heaven only knows what else

No liquid diet..just had to lose 10 lbs..had to quit smoking & quit carbonated soda....

wow, that's a lot! I had to do a seminar, then see surgeons nurse practitioner, had to see a psych once, NUT once, have a physical once, blood work and EKG, and now I am going to meet surgeon on the 17th and wait for insurance approval. do mind if I ask how u quit smoking??? that's what I have to work on, they said no nicotine for 30 days before surgery! Oh and one surgical weight loss support group.

My surgery date is 9/17! So excited I debated for 4 years on whether or not to do! Now I've completed everything they've asked of me and I am ready!!!

yay!! so exciting!! Good luck and keep us posted!

Just did the required pre-op education class and completed all my pre op stuff. The only thing I was stressing about was my letter of medical necessity which I requested a month ago! Luckily my contact at my dr's office said that it would most likely go through without it. Should get the green light within the next 8-10 days... Hoping for mid October surgery!

Yes! I'm waiting on approval I hope she sent my paperwork in.

Yes! I'm waiting on approval I hope she sent my paperwork in.

good luck! mine will be sent in some time after the 17th.

wow' date=' that's a lot! I had to do a seminar, then see surgeons nurse practitioner, had to see a psych once, NUT once, have a physical once, blood work and EKG, and now I am going to meet surgeon on the 17th and wait for insurance approval. do mind if I ask how u quit smoking??? that's what I have to work on, they said no nicotine for 30 days before surgery! Oh and one surgical weight loss support group.[/quote']

Quitting smoking was easier than losing 10 lbs...I did 2 weeks on the patch...never cheated.. I kept asking myself if I want to be skinny or smoke...then I got a smaller dose patch for the 3 rd week..then nothing..its been almost 3 months...they did do a nicotine test on me too..called "cotinine"..in my blood work..

I finished up on Friday and the doctor scheduled surgery for 4 Oct pending BCBC approval and like another post was told 2 weeks.

- psych eval

- EKG

- Stress test

- echo heart sonogram

- blood work

- 2 nut appts

- 1 remaining nut in Tuesday to tell me 2 week liquid diet req and 1 week post op

- scope

- chest X-ray

- stomach ultrasound

- hemotologist approval

- primary care psychisian approval letter

- personnel note on my own behalf to BCBS

- admittance w/ hospital

- sleep study

Remaining

Final surgeon consult

Two week liquid diet

Final approval from BCBS

Way to go wish you the best.I'm waiting on date.Hope my paperwork was sent in, if not I'm swtching hospitals

Quitting smoking was easier than losing 10 lbs...I did 2 weeks on the patch...never cheated.. I kept asking myself if I want to be skinny or smoke...then I got a smaller dose patch for the 3 rd week..then nothing..its been almost 3 months...they did do a nicotine test on me too..called "cotinine"..in my blood work..

That's what Im worried about is trying to quit smoking...I do want to be skinny a lot more than I want to smoke! the thing is I am a student so I sit home all day until 5pm when I leave for school. I am a heavy smoker close to two packs a day an d now I gotta quit and beb smoke free for 30 days...might sound easy for the non-smokers "oh just quit, what do u want more" lol I thought about Chantix the patch scares me because it is nicotine and I am so scared it will show in a test, I even thought of the E-cigs but also nicotine! I just know doing it cold turkey will be even harder!! I just wanna scream, I never should have started this bad happen to begin with ugh!

I finished up on Friday and the doctor scheduled surgery for 4 Oct pending BCBC approval and like another post was told 2 weeks.

- psych eval

- EKG

- Stress test

- echo heart sonogram

- blood work

- 2 nut appts

- 1 remaining nut in Tuesday to tell me 2 week liquid diet req and 1 week post op

- scope

- chest X-ray

- stomach ultrasound

- hemotologist approval

- primary care psychisian approval letter

- personnel note on my own behalf to BCBS

- admittance w/ hospital

- sleep study

Remaining

Final surgeon consult

Two week liquid diet

Final approval from BCBS

Exciting! good luck! I don't seem to have as much to do as others for some reason, all I know is when I see surgeon the 17th, if he gives MORE appts to do Im gonna scream! I hope I just gotta see him, set up aurgery date and maybe do a liquid diet and be smoke free for 30 days and then get surgery if im approved.