Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to call ot quits

Hey guys, I know talking about stalls may be frown upon , but I just have to vent. I don't know what else to do. I'm taking in all my Protein, not eating carbs( omg haven't had Pasta breads or rice since may ) don't eat junk drink Water eat fruits. I walk 4.5 a day. I'm just frustrated. I just want to see that d*** * scale move. Some say I'm not eating enough, not taking enough protein. I know I take my protein because all I eat its Proteins . The shakes, chicken, meats and so on. I need help. I'm so discourage. :(

Please don't get discouraged! You need to remember that the scale doesn't always move but most of the time, the inches are shrinking, especially when you're exercising! Even just walking increases muscle mass - in all the right places!!! Protein also increases muscle mass. So keep up the good fight, if you gain 10lbs then you know you're doing something wrong. Measure your waist every other week instead of watching the scale, this may make you smile a lot more! :D

First off, how far out are you, and how long has the stall lasted? I'm just asking because I know some people that don't lose weight for a week and call it a stall, when it's not.

How much fruit are you eating? I know it's a long shot, but fruits do contain sugars and carbs that can add up. How much are you drinking? Some people respond to upping their Water intake. Good luck, I was stalled for over a year prior to surgery so I totally get how frustrating it is.

Punchy I was going to ask some of the same questions SupB asked. Do you actually track your calories and Protein grams like on MFP? You would be surprised at how the calories can add up if you don't track it. I think that your exercise sounds great so there has to be something else going on. Scottsgirl is right you can be losing inches and that doesn't necessarily show up on the scale. Don't throw in the towel just yet, keep drinking the Water it is crucial to your weight loss, then measure your cals/protein grams, we are here for you, let us know how you are doing. Good luck.

R U logging your food and Water consumption on something like MyFitnessPal or Calorie Count or something. Its easy to think you are getting in 70g of Protein when you aren't. Ditto with water. You may feel like you are drinking water all day but only getting in 40oz. of water instead of bare minimum 64. Not getting enough protein or water can stall your weight loss. If your not doing it yet, I would suggest you start logging your food to make sure your getting the nutrients and water you need. Hope this helps.

First, you should not be afraid to ask anything on here, most of us are here to help each other and will answer anything even if It has been asked before so no frowning.

Are you actually tracking your food intake with something like my fitness pal, if not you may want to start so that you can know for sure how your numbers are. Also try to make sure you are getting enough Water, minimum 60 oz, I personally drink 128oz /a day. Track your measurement if you haven't been it will help when the scale doesn't move. Good Luck.

You know, on the plus side, you may be putting on muscle from walking 4.5 miles while is slowing the scale. That's a lot of walking! Good for you!

Hey guys, I know talking about stalls may be frown upon , but I just have to vent. I don't know what else to do. I'm taking in all my Protein, not eating carbs( omg haven't had Pasta breads or rice since may ) don't eat junk drink Water eat fruits. I walk 4.5 a day. I'm just frustrated. I just want to see that d*** * scale move. Some say I'm not eating enough, not taking enough Protein. I know I take my protein because all I eat its Proteins . The shakes, chicken, meats and so on. I need help. I'm so discourage. :(

We all want to see that scale move. Have to ask: how far out are you and how much time are you using to determine that you're not losing?

We all want to see that scale move. Have to ask: how far out are you and how much time are you using to determine that you're not losing?

I was sleeve June 1st, it's been over a month since I've lost a pound.

I was sleeve June 1st' date=' it's been over a month since I've lost a pound.[/quote']

I think it also depends on how tall are you. I lost 19 pounds on 11 weeks post op, ( 1.7 per week)I but I did happened every week .. I weight myself every monday .. was sleeve June 10th but I am only 5 feet tall.. Started at 171 .. My goal 125 so I just think that I am only 25 pounds from my goal in less than 3 months .when from size 14-16 petite to size 8-9 (great Non scale victory) also feel great with all the complements from people..,

I mean try to focus on the good things and forget about the scale,

I was sleeve June 1st, it's been over a month since I've lost a pound.

How many inches have you lost from your neck/waist/hips?

How many inches have you lost from your neck/waist/hips?

I never measured my self, I went from a size 14-16 to 8-10. But I think I'm stalled there too, because I keep trying on this dress I have from when I was skinny 15 years ago. Lol and still doesn't fit. SOME DAY sooner than later

how many carbs are you eating a day? you might need to up your carb intake. I remember months ago a person on here said they were eating under 60 carbs a day (maybe even less) and she could not lose weight with Protein alone and she was tired all of the time. you might need to up the carbs to 100. if not, just stick to drinking more Water.< /p>

how many carbs are you eating a day? you might need to up your carb intake. I remember months ago a person on here said they were eating under 60 carbs a day (maybe even less) and she could not lose weight with Protein alone and she was tired all of the time. you might need to up the carbs to 100. if not' date=' just stick to drinking more Water.[/quote']

I did that yesterday and today, hopefully my body don't get used to it. And that can do the trick