Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

Me too!! I hope it all went like clockwork with her!! I'm sure the nurses are taking good care of her and giving her whatever she needs if she's in pain.

Hey, It must be interesting for Bronnie being a nurse who is now a patient. She would know all about all the poking and prodding that the nurses are doing to her each time they come in. Susannah

I hope her recovery isn't too painful and she adapts to her new banded life easily.

Does anyone know how long her hospital stay will be?? At least that way we'll have an idea when we'll get her back on the forums :(

Hi Angel, Most patients are in overnight and can go home on the next post operative day. I am not most patients, and I was in for two nights. Bronnie may come home today. It really depends on how she is coping.

I hope that I don't have to have the port revision surgery. Even though it is not the entire operation it is still painful because they are opening the port insision up again, and re placing the port, and re stitching it.

How's your pregnancy going Angel?

Susannah

BOO!!! Hi everyone.

Yes ive crossed over and im banded and ive just got home. Im feeling very ordinary so will post when im a bit more up to it.

Welcome back Bronnie and congrats on ur band!!!!

Susannah - My doc normally get's patients to stay in the 2 nights regardless. So i just assumed that was the normal thing.

My pregnancy has not been going good, there now talking about inducing me early if these problems arn't resolved. They figure the baby would probably get more nutrition out rather then in. I've been referred to a new band Dr and my appointment is tuesday. So i'm hopeing that will sort things out. Either way i won't have much definate news about the band until Tuesday and the pregnancy until Friday.

Hi Angel, Good luck with your appointment with your new band doc. So you are only 26 weeks along? Try to keep that little one in there for as long as you can. I am not an expert of course, they will most certainly advise you on the best course of action. Sending good vibes your way. I love babies, I don't have any yet, but I work in child care. Susannah

OUCH!!! Ive been up most of the night in pain. Im starting to burp quite a lot so thats easing the shoulder pain but the suture lines are now aching.

How long do i have to leave these white stockings on for???

What medication did you all use for pain relief? I was having pethidine in the hospital and i was sent home with disolvible panadol. Bit of a difference!!!

I have to see the Surgeon on 23/3 . Will he do a fill then or is that too early post op??

Well dispite me currently feeling like crap.... Im so glad its over and im banded.

Hi Bronnie, For the shoulder tip pain just walk, walk, and walk around to dispel it. It will stay for a few days. As for the stockings the hospital told me I had to wear them for two weeks, but four days in they were cutting into my legs, leaving a huge welt and hurting me. I rang the Bariatric centre's nurse and she told me if they were cutting in to me that was defeating the purpose of them, and to take them off. I had no history of DVT, so It was fine to stop wearing them. Check with your surgeon's office.

For pain relief I had soluable panadeine rapid. The first few days are painful and it gets better from there.

As for a fill, they don't ususally do one before 5-6 weeks, as they wait for post op swelling etc to go down, and they have to examine/assess you first.

Glad your banded!

Susannah

Bronnie, just running out the door to go to work but will answer your questions quickly -

I took my stockings off when I got home, cos I was starting to walk around.

I was given "pain stop" liquid medicine to take. Its meant to be for kids, but its quite strong and I went through several bottles. I was told to take 40ml at a time (theres a day or night version - don't get the night its got codeine in it and bansters aren't supposed to have codiene).

I will be surprised if you get a fill on the 23rd. Doc usally like to wait until you are on solids before they start doing fills!

Hope you managed to get some sleep!!