Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

someone help me..im craving oreo cookies!

Im asking for help to stick to this pre op diet. Ive been on a high Protein low carb liquid diet for the past 8 days and i have 2 weeks to go.. tMI: im due for my period within the next week and i am craving chocolate soooooo bad right now...like really bad..i just want to binge on oreo Cookies right now BUT i cant.. i shouldnt..i must resist temptation.. but lately ive been worrying about whether or not i will be able to eat an oreo cookie again or another sweet like a piece of cake without experiencing dumping??? I guess the last minute food funeral has kicked in a little late...it kicked in after i started my preop..and ive been good for 8 days with the exception of a dill pickle on day 3..

I promised my OA sponsor when i felt this way..i would phone her..but her cell phone broke yesterday and i cant get ahold of her now and she doesnt use a computer...

So someone..anyone..help! Before i make a stupid mistake

Go check out Quest bars......full of Protein , curb your sweet tooth and meet your nutritional requirements. They will send you samples

what helps me is to know that i might crave a cookie, and then if I eat a cookie, it's not like the craving goes away. I STILL want ANOTHER cookie. So eating it helps nothing. Nada. Zip.

I would take this as a sign that you are maybe hungry, and go make yourself a small Protein shake or have some broth or Soup. Put something tasty in your mouth that is on your pre-op diet. And do what all addicts have success doing--don't think about tomorrow.

Just tell yourself that you won't have one TODAY. Or for the next 4 hours. Or whatever time table you want to set for yourself.

Eat something healthy and tell yourself, I can have it later, just not this hour. And when this hour is over, tell youself, I can have it later, just not this hour. Keep doing that. you will succeed.

Oh **** walk away from the Oreos! I know I know they are my downfall too!

You will eat one again in life (trust me I can)

So don't think these things will be gone forever!

I ate a pint of ice cream before my pre op diet..

After I was done with it??

Nothing, nada, it didn't make me feel better. I just ate it and it was gone, no superpowers, no loving feeling. Just more fat that needed to come off after surgery..

Walk away from the Cookies :)

drink a chocolate shake, then go for a walk you can do this.....and after surgery, you can eat 1/2 an oreo and be full!!!! And Remember Nothing ever taste as good as being skinny feels..... :rolleyes: okay, kinda a silly statement...But good luck!

Your craving won't go away after eating the cookie...remember that. The only thing you will feel is guilt and disappointment in yourself. If it's an option...get away from the food. Go shopping (somewhere that doesn't sell Oreos), or to the library. Watch a movie, start a project you've been wanting to, do anything but think about cookies... Resist the temptation and you will feel proud of yourself for being able to!

Im asking for help to stick to this pre op diet. Ive been on a high Protein low carb liquid diet for the past 8 days and i have 2 weeks to go.. tMI: im due for my period within the next week and i am craving chocolate soooooo bad right now...like really bad..i just want to binge on oreo Cookies right now BUT i cant.. i shouldnt..i must resist temptation.. but lately ive been worrying about whether or not i will be able to eat an oreo cookie again or another sweet like a piece of cake without experiencing dumping??? I guess the last minute food funeral has kicked in a little late...it kicked in after i started my preop..and ive been good for 8 days with the exception of a dill pickle on day 3..

I promised my OA sponsor when i felt this way..i would phone her..but her cell phone broke yesterday and i cant get ahold of her now and she doesnt use a computer...

So someone..anyone..help! Before i make a stupid mistake

I was a binger so I get it. One suggestion that helped me was freezing a chocolate (Muscle Milk Light) Protein shake, splitting it to 2 servings before freezing and then eating one like ice cream. One half is a good size and only 100 calories and actually nutritious. Good luck!

Don't know if it will help at this point but body fortress has and Cookies and cream Protein Powder. I haven't yet tried it but its sitting here waiting for the end of Clear Liquids. You can get it at Walmart. Maybe that will help with the craving some.

How about a sugar free fudge pop? Or some Sugar Free Chocolate pudding? Not the same as an Oreo cookie but it will give you that chocolate taste you are looking for and keep you from straying on your program. I think the pudding has about 70 calories and its made with skim milk and the sf fudge pops have even less...just an idea. :-)

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1serving (34 g)

Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories160

Calories from Fat 63

Total Fat 7.0g 11%

Saturated Fat 2.0g 10%

Sodium 190mg 8%

Carbohydrates 25.0g 8%

Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4%

Sugars 14.0g

Protein 2.0g

You will be able to eat an oreo a while after sleeving but it will not be a big deal to you. I can eat one but get very little pleasure out of it not to mention that the abundant sugar nauseates me.

I do, however, get a great deal of pleasure out of seeing my belt buckle without a mirror. B)

drink a chocolate shake, then go for a walk you can do this.....and after surgery, you can eat 1/2 an oreo and be full!!!! And Remember Nothing ever tastes as good as being skinny feels..... :rolleyes: okay, kinda a silly statement...But good luck!

I disagree. I think it was a great statement!

HHAHAHA Seeing my belt buckle without a mirror-that is GREAT!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1serving (34 g)

Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories160

Calories from Fat 63

Total Fat 7.0g 11%

Saturated Fat 2.0g 10%

Sodium 190mg 8%

Carbohydrates 25.0g 8%

Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4%

Sugars 14.0g

Protein 2.0g

You will be able to eat an oreo a while after sleeving but it will not be a big deal to you. I can eat one but get very little pleasure out of it not to mention that the abundant sugar nauseates me.

I do, however, get a great deal of pleasure out of seeing my belt buckle without a mirror. B)

I love it! You made me think about some things I am looking forward too...an airplane ride without the belt extender...tying my sneakers without having to take a break in between each sneaker...crossing my legs...riding a roller coaster...ahhhhhh the good life!!!! Lol

Oh I hear you! I have found sucking on a hard candy does the trick for me! However, I don't get my period anymore. Stay focused and positive! You will be able to eat a cookie later on, much later on. But by then you may not want to, because you see the pounds shedding off you!

My psych gave me some ideas for my "hmmm, im not hungry, but I NEED something" times. Anything that you use your senses for like put on yummy smelling lotion, smell flowers, chew gum, brush your teeth? I'm not sure about the gum for pre op, but you get the drift. Not going to lie, the line of BS actually worked for me!!