Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I loooooovvvvveee music and audiobooks, and since I'll be in the hospital for at least 24 hours I know I'll be craving some entertainment...will I be able to listen to the music on my phone while I'm in be hospital??? Is that a stupid question, lol???

Its not a dumb ? but to be honest I was in so much pain I didn't even want to talk let alone listen to music. The tv stayed on but it was watching me. The gas pains are bad but as soon as you can walk and you will feel much better. Keep us updated.

Its not a dumb ? but to be honest I was in so much pain I didn't even want to talk let alone listen to music. The tv stayed on but it was watching me. The gas pains are bad but as soon as you can walk and you will feel much better. Keep us updated.

Oh, was the pain really that bad?

I loooooovvvvveee music and audiobooks' date=' and since I'll be in the hospital for at least 24 hours I know I'll be craving some entertainment...will I be able to listen to the music on my phone while I'm in be hospital??? Is that a stupid question, lol???[/quote']

Ask for a heating pad. It helped me and I never had any gas pains in my shoulders or body. Once I got to my room, I laid on the pad, then a couple hours later, I put it on my tummy. I did this continuously for two weeks & also get GAS -X Strips. Take 2 @ a time, you should be good to go sister! ;)

Pain really wasn't my problem, but coming out of the anesthesia after surgery I was nauseous and still very tired! All I wanted to do was to keep my eyes closed. The next morning I felt great and did watch some TV and go for walks around the hospital floor, so it might be nice for you to have your headphones and go for a stroll. Got some major gas pain around 4:30 that night that lasted for a few hours, but since then, no real pain. Everyone is different.

I had my iPOD in continuously and that (plus the pain medication) was a big help. My pain was quite bearable.

Pain was bearable for me, but I was a bit out of it due to anesthesia. However, the sooner you get up walking around the better. I made myself get up and walk the hallways every few hours. I'm convinced it helped me w/ a speedy recovery.

will I be able to listen to the music on my phone while I'm in be hospital???

vivaDiva01

to answer your question - this not a stupid question :)

i was in the hospital for 2 days - i wasn't in awful pain............but i wasn't actually doing a happy dance yet ;)

no music for me :o

I was enjoying "The Sound of Silence"

i was very groggy from anesthesia, not feeling terrific - i slept most of the time

that being said.....

-you sound so "full of life" ;)

hopefully/probably those good feelings of yours will follow you all the way through surgery and for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

music is good for the soul, depending what you listen to (no rap yet!!!! :lol: ) it can give you a nice calming effect from the "trauma" you and your tummy just experienced ;)

good luck bud

speedy recovery :)

kathy

I have had multiple surgeries for various maladies, and each time I took a CD player with ear buds. I haven't graduated to technology beyond that. Music is distracting, more so than the TV because you've already picked out tunes that speak toyour spirit. This time I will take some Celtic/Irish Cd's that I bought around St. Pat's Day and haven't opened up yet. Also, I will take some calming music recommended by my daughter who is an occupational therapist......that includes Gotan Project, nature sounds, and the kind of stuff they play when you get a massage. It takes you to an imaginary safe place that reminds you of incense and warm oils and low lights and oh man that feels good. Ooops...I got distracted. On a second note, having a daughter who is trained in physical and occupational therapy is as good as having a car mechanic in the family.

I loooooovvvvveee music and audiobooks, and since I'll be in the hospital for at least 24 hours I know I'll be craving some entertainment...will I be able to listen to the music on my phone while I'm in be hospital??? Is that a stupid question, lol???

Not a stupid question at all - load up with music and audiobooks and don't forget to bring your charger!

I have had multiple surgeries for various maladies' date=' and each time I took a CD player with ear buds. I haven't graduated to technology beyond that. Music is distracting, more so than the TV because you've already picked out tunes that speak toyour spirit. This time I will take some Celtic/Irish Cd's that I bought around St. Pat's Day and haven't opened up yet. Also, I will take some calming music recommended by my daughter who is an occupational therapist......that includes Gotan Project, nature sounds, and the kind of stuff they play when you get a massage. It takes you to an imaginary safe place that reminds you of incense and warm oils and low lights and oh man that feels good. Ooops...I got distracted. On a second note, having a daughter who is trained in physical and occupational therapy is as good as having a car mechanic in the family.

[/quote']

Haha, I feel ya sister! I have a sleep sounds app on my phone that plays all kinda of nature sounds and white noise! I never go to sleep without it...and if u add a good book, that just makes it all even better! Lol, now THAT'S LIVIN'!!!!

As far as I am concerned you can do what ever you want in your room as long as you aren't disturbing the patient in the next room. Listen to whatever you want girl. Pain is different for everyone. I had the gas in the shoulder. It was horrible, but once it was gone I was great. Hopefully it won't go to your shoulder.

I have a sleep sounds app on my phone that plays all kinda of nature sounds and white noise! I never go to sleep without it...

This was me until marriage. I love nature sounds but the first night hubby woke up thinking something was attacking him. Needless to say, that was the day the sleep music died. It did make for a good chuckle though.

This was me until marriage. I love nature sounds but the first night hubby woke up thinking something was attacking him. Needless to say' date=' that was the day the sleep music died. It did make for a good chuckle though.[/quote']

That's hilarious!!!! I seriously just laughed out loud!!!