Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in No Nevada....Reno or Sparks?

its a little rough but it will be ok.... I'm out in Fallon... and I know your original post was for ladies ,but there aren't to many men on this forum.. sorry if i intruded... :)

Musicman-6 month liquid diet.....that sounds brutal! I'm sure you'll be successful with the sleeve :o)

Callchrissy-I have a membership at Eagle Fitness in Sparks' date=' On Vista. You?[/quote']

Yikes thats a bit far. I live off of Geiger Grade on SeReno. Thanks though. I haven't actually joined a gym yet. I'm only 2 weeks out and still on light duty but I'd like to prepare for the future.

Hi All!! I know it's been quiet in here for the past couple of months, but I was hoping to get the Northern Nevada peeps out and talking again. I have my first consult with Western Bariatric next Wednesday, I'm really hoping it goes well. I have been researching all this since last summer, and now that I have new insurance, I've been told most of is should be covered...we shall see.

Oh, I really do hope this is the right decision!

I have 2 little girls, ages 2 and 4, I work full time, and manage a small home biz on top of that, my biggest concerns are that I won't be able to keep up with all that I have going on during the recovery time.

Oh, and coffee....how WILL I SURVIVE WITHOUT coffee? ?

I am having RNY with Dr. Ganser at Western Bariatric on June 16th. They are awesome people, but the Bariatric Advantage chakes were horrendous. Blech. I prefer the HMR shakes. Awailable at UNR Health and Wellness, or online for the same price.

I have to run... bed time... but let me know how you're doing? it's always good to find local WLS buds.

ttyl

I live in Minden NV. Had surgery 7/22 through Western Bariatric. My surgeon was Dr Watson (he's..um..motivating..)

Is this thread still alive?

Hi All - I'm new to this thread. Had my sleeve on 9/16/14 and am just starting to integrate solid foods back into my diet. I'm getting in 60 or more grams of Protein a day, but still having a devil of a time getting in more than 4 or 5 cups of fluids for hydration. Been hitting the WBI support group at the Reno office, but time always seems to run out before they get to a "round the table sharing your thoughts" part of the program. Had my first experience with "I ate too much" yesterday - no dumping, but I was plenty uncomfortable for an hour or so. Still learning all the new biofeedback signs for satiated versus full. We live out in the valley off of Pyramid and Whiskey Springs Rd, so getting into town to attend gym is out of the question (I work from home). I do hike a lot - 2 or 3 miles at a time - several days a week.

What do you folks do for home exercise programs?