Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I ate too much

So I am now on pureed food and this eating thing is really a hard time. This morning I had a Protein Shake, and about 3 tbsp of refried Beans (1pm). Then I went to a gathering and had about 2 tbsp of chicken salad and a tsp of potato salad. Im pretty sure I was full, no pain still but it felt like I really needed to pass gas in anyway possible. That was at 6 pm when I got home around 10:30 I still felt to full to eat but I figured I would have another Protein shake because I am supposed to. I am full outta my mind. There is no way a 3rd meal is happening tonight, and Im not sure the rest of this protein shake is either. Im so confused, am I supposed to eat even though Im not hungry, if so then how the hell am I supposed to meet these nutritional requirements. If I eat when Im not hungry cant I stretch my sleeve? Im about to explode and I didnt eat anywhere near what I was supposed to. I dont want to be malnourished, hurt my losses or lose my hair either.

I think we will just need to be patient and allow some healing to happen. I'm 3 weeks today, first day of soft foods. I had a Protein shake, I egg, 2 babybel cheese lights, an egg drop Soup, and 1-2 oz of fish. I really need another shake to hit my Protein, but guess what? It ain't happening tonight unless I want to spew (and so we are clear, I do not want to spew).

Oh well. We'll try again tomorrow.

Angry,

Don't stress this!! Many (if not all) of us had trouble getting everything in early on. The main thing to focus on right now is keeping hydrated. Yes, getting your Protein in is important too, but number one, hydration, number 2, Protein, and if you can't meet number 2 all the time, just be sure you are good on number one. Your sleeve is very enflamed right now, and it's perfectly normal for you to not be able to get as much in as you've been directed. My best advice for tonight, wash the rest of the drink down the drain and get some sleep, tomorrow is a new day!! Drink your Protein drinks slowly, allow at least 30 minutes to get in the 8 oz, sometimes it would take me up to an hour. Then with your pureed food, try to get Protein powder mixed in with whatever you are eating if it's not protein based. The potato salad might have been a bit much for your tummy to digest yet, so try something else tomorrow. Even now at almost 10 months out, my tummy still ahs some foods that it doesn't liek to digest sometimes and then I feel overfull for much longer. Don't stress, relax, and just know it gets easier everyday!! Good luck, and welcome to the losers bench!! :)

It will take some time before you get a lot in. It was several months before I got the recommended Protein amount and I still cant' do that without at least one Protein Shake a day. Stay hydrated first and then get in what you can after. If you are full don't push it. Your body will let you know