Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

someone one asked me my "due date"

I almost broke down today after someone asked me when I was due. I was sleeved on May 31, 2013 and went from 267 to 223 that 44 pounds lost and I still look pregnant. I work so hard at the gym and eat the right stuff. It just made me feel worthless like all my hard out isn't paying off. I already consider my self a slower loser that just made it worse.

Sorry I needed to vent and cry.

Aww they were an a*****e who even ask people that question anymore? I have intentionally not mentioned pregnancies that have appeared to be full term on the off chance the person might have packed on some lbs. 44 lbs is great I cant wait to lose that much and I think I might have a freaking parade when I weigh 223 lbs. Hope you feel better.

No need to apologize. It says more about them than it does you. People have no manners. Your hard work is something you do for you. You just keep doing! Don't let anybody take this incredible opportunity away from you!

Lol thank you for making me laugh. We can have our parade together

Loosing slow is the healtiest way. That way you give your skin time to recover to its natura look

I almost broke down today after someone asked me when I was due. I was sleeved on May 31' date=' 2013 and went from 267 to 223 that 44 pounds lost and I still look pregnant. I work so hard at the gym and eat the right stuff. It just made me feel worthless like all my hard out isn't paying off. I already consider my self a slower loser that just made it worse.

Sorry I needed to vent and cry.[/quote']

Loser you are not. You have done something about your situation and it takes time. You have lost as much weight as me and I had my surgery on March 22. Keep your eyes on the prize. Remember where you started. Besides you are going through this journey for you and no one else. Keep your head up!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Some people are just idiots! They can't lose that but you can lose your weight and you have already done a fabulous job and will even lose more. You will look even more amazing when you reach goal and that person will still be a idiot!! Hang in there girl!! :)

Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if there is, just tell them that you gave birth "yesterday" to a 10 pound brown baby and you had it in the toilet. That happened to me when I was 80lbs heavier, so I know how you feel, although I was more embarrassed for the lady that asked because she turned a bright shade of red when I told her that I gave birth to him 5 years ago! LOL

Chin up, you are BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

What an ass that person is! You're doing great, ignore that idiot!

First the support:

You have lost 44 pounds in less than 3 months. That is awesome! When was the last time you did that on a "diet"? That is most definitely not slow! I was at my clinic this morning for my 1 month post-op and the second I started in with the "my weight loss hasn't been stellar..." and wanted to proceed that I knew it was because my body is kind of in freak out mode, my nurse started waving her arms and looking like she was getting ready to howl. She reminded me that my weight loss was excellent (16 pounds by their records) and that the goal is 1-2 pounds/week, not 5 or more pounds/week that we all wish for. We are ALL to hard on ourselves!

Now, the snark:

I think the next time someone asks me when I'm due, I'm going to break into phony hysterics and tell them how I'm sterile and will never be able to have kids and that I'm just fat. (all true, but not distressing for me...) Maybe that'll learn 'em...

Seriously, congratulations on your loss! You are doing great. You are not slow. You are you, and the only you there is, so keep up the good work!

I almost broke down today after someone asked me when I was due. I was sleeved on May 31, 2013 and went from 267 to 223 that 44 pounds lost and I still look pregnant. I work so hard at the gym and eat the right stuff. It just made me feel worthless like all my hard out isn't paying off. I already consider my self a slower loser that just made it worse.

Sorry I needed to vent and cry.

Never mind what anyone says.....just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....

Yup, happened to me too... My husband and I were on our honeymoon in Aspen, Colorado, and we were sitting down to a really romantic dinner. Our waiter asked us, "when is the blessed event?" I was mortified and just told him that we were just married a few days earlier. That was in 1995 & I weighed just under 200 at that point. I guess at this point that guy would assume that I'm having triplets!!! People are reaaaaaaly dumb sometimes.

You'll get it all off, Dianna. In my case the belly is the last to go although the loose skin makes up some of it. Soon such questions will be in your past.

Some people's minds are like those dolls the neighbor girls had when I was a kid. They put the bottle to their mouth and the Water immediately came out their crotch.

A thought in a moron's head comes right out the mouth unhindered by logic or sensitivity.

I have been asked that many times by people and I would look at my watch and answer at 5 p.m. tonight when I pick them up from the baby sitter. The look on their face was priceless.

The best one was when I was at the gym working out and I was talking to a lady next to me on the treadmill. We were talking about the hot tub and she says you shouldn't use it, and I asked her why. She says aren't you, aren't you. I told her no, and she proceeds to tell me something is wrong with me and I should go to the doctor because I had a tumor in there.

You have done great and keep up the good work. You will be slim and she will still be clueless.