Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I may literally be starving...

I know there's a new post on post op hunger everyday. Thought Id add my little whine. Im 5 1/2 weeks post op and on soft foods. I can eat maybe 4-6 bites and can't eat 1 more bited. But then Im hungry again 90 minutes later. I try to go at least 3-4 hrs between meals but Im starving (and plz don't recommend a PPI. Im already on 20mg Prilosec 2x a day and I know what hunger feels like). Seems like Im eating all the time. The Protein shakes (Syntra nectar 23gms +8gms in milk) 2x a day don't fill me at all.

Neither does Water.

Not sure what to do. Im constantly hungry, making it difficult to make wise food choices. What to do, what to do...

I was hungry on soft foods as well. I didn't really start to feel full until I started solid Proteins. Maybe split your soft foods so you're eating every 2 hours -- seems like you'll be always eating, but perhaps this will help with your hunger??

I am only one week out today and I have not had this experience at all so this might not be the right answer, but I think eat again? My surgeon says I am supposed to eat 1/4c -1/2 c 3x a day and 2 Protein Shakes on pureed foods. It does not sound like you are eating anywhere near that much and maybe thats why your hungry? At this point Im still not sure my hunger is hunger, its just nothing like it used to be, and it happens like 1/3 days. When I think Im hungry, I eat though. I think your supposed to listen to your body as long as your not overeating.

I know there's a new post on post op hunger everyday. Thought Id add my little whine. Im 5 1/2 weeks post op and on soft foods. I can eat maybe 4-6 bites and can't eat 1 more bited. But then Im hungry again 90 minutes later. I try to go at least 3-4 hrs between meals but Im starving (and plz don't recommend a PPI. Im already on 20mg Prilosec 2x a day and I know what hunger feels like). Seems like Im eating all the time. The Protein shakes (Syntra nectar 23gms +8gms in milk) 2x a day don't fill me at all.

Neither does Water.

Not sure what to do. Im constantly hungry' date=' making it difficult to make wise food choices. What to do, what to do...[/quote']

Are you exceeding your calories? Are you meeting your Protein? If no and yes respectively then I'd suggest don't worry. My doctor's book suggests that by the time you hit 6 months you should be down to 3 meals. But no one expects a person early on to eat nothing but 3 meals because we simply can't hold enough in one sitting. He says and everything I have read suggests that we will need several small meals at first. Give yourself permission to do that and only hold yourself accountable for the total calories, protein and Water.< /p>

My surgeon recommended 6 small meal a day...3 meals, 3 snacks.....I found that hard so only did it a few days.....

I find 10 months out that I eat 3 meals and 1 snack at night..If I don't eat a snack at night 3 am..I am up looking for a piece of cheese...

You need to add more to your diet......Don't starve because your body will go into protect it stage and you will not lose much....

Protein is the clue to weight loss on this journey...That and Water and I hate saying this but eventually exercise as well.....bla!!!!