Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Day has come !

Hi Everyone: Thanks. I have had another 1 cc put in my band and now stand at 5 ccs. I find this a comfortable fill at the same time, I can't eat more than the recommended 1 cup. Not PBg so much any more but do when I forget to chew. The weight should start coming down now hopefully. Hope you all are meeting your goals. Doddie

Yasmina,

when's your surgery date? How was your appt? Was it all you expected after being here on the site? Fill us in (no pun intended)!

Well I was no this site for almost a year, asking a few questions but mainly reading everything. In Dec I decided that I would call for a phone consult. in Jan as I live in Thunder Bay . I got one for the middle fo Jan and had surgery two weeks later for Feb 2. I was banded at Tlbc and had agreat experience. The clinic was lovely, staff was great. My surgery was at 12 and I was back at the hotel around 4 p.m. I did have a lot of shoulder pain and was glad to get the pain meds filled that My doctor gave ( in Thunder Bay ) I did get the meds fron the clinic filled, but I did not need it. If I did not have the gas pain , It would have been perfect. The second day I did some walking around Toronto and on Sunday evening, I went home. Monday I was back at work and feeling not too bad. ( I have a desk job ) I did get an infection in the port site a few days later and was on three rounds of meds. It was very red and sore, burning but not draining. When I first noticed it, it was in the evening so I went to Emerg. We I tell you up here there are a few people with the bypass but they had not come across anyone with the band. I had four different doctors coming in to talk to be and check out the card. Glad I had it as I got tired of repeating the story. All in all every thing went well.

The insisions are pretty small, I am not a great healer so I can still see them, but if you look under scars on this site some people you can hardly see.

Would I do it again ? You bet with out thinking twice. I was told about a dvd that my doctor here could use to do the fills. I had decided that I would go to Toronto as I have spent this much and a few plane tickets more would be fine. I was scared of something happening to the band if she did it wrong. I am thinking on my next fill maybe I will get the dvd and just keep it incase of an emergency. I plan on having a fill in Nov.

I can eat most things except, bread, Pasta is not so great, grapes, mainly the skins . In the mornings I have to start off slow with cofee first and work my way up to Yogurt. If not then it is all BAD ! It is funny because it has forced me to think of food differently. I used to love going out for nacho's and now three or four chips and I am done. I don't even want anymore. I can eat Cookies and Ice cream so I do not have them in my house. The small packs of 100 cal Snacks just makes me want more so I don't do that anymore . I do have really good desert every once in a while. and I reall do like a glass or two of wine a week. My biggest problem is I do not get to the gym on a regular basis. I will be staing back with a trainer the beginning of Oct. I know I need more exercise.

Only a few people know I have the band because for me it is personal . I am so glad that I did this. I have gone from 250 to 200 and I want to lose another 50lbs. For the first time in my like I feel that I can do it and be successful. It is so exciting for me to buy pants in a store that does not carry plus sizes !!!

Take care

Y

Yasmina, contact Jill at the TLBC and she will assist you. She has been helping me get a diet that I can live with as I have diabetes and when I exercise my sugars go down and up. Some tips for Protein is a rye crisp with Peanut Butter or Feda cheese at 3:00 in the pm. Also, you can put Protein Powder in your favorite food or drink. Beans are a great source of protein. I put a can of six beans into my hamburger casserole (lean of course). But by contacting Jill, she will be able to taylor your needs to your health and life style. Doddie

Hi Doddie, I saw Jill yesterday and she did give me good advice. I told her that I make butternut squash Soup and she told me to add a can of white kidney Beans for Protein and a thickener. She said that it won't alter the taste of the soup. I will try it this weekend. She said cut out all things white and stick to whole wheats. She said that I'm not eating regularly enough - every 3.5 to 4 hours - protein being a must at each meal. I'll give it a shot and see how things move.

I am having some trouble how often I should eat . I think I am eating more then I need to, or too often

:biggrin:

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Yasmina, I was doing the same as you... eating too often. Even small frequent amounts of the wrong things were sabotaging me. I've roped it in recently and have recently begun to lose again.

The two main differences that I've gotten under control are:

1) no eating after 7 pm

2) no Desserts (except on special occasions

It seems to be working.

Does anyone know how they fix the port when it is on it's side. I was told they could do that when I was at goal. I am guessing when I have a TT. My port sticks out !

I finally stated to lose weight again ! Yah It was my own fault ,

I need to excrcise and watch the crap I put in my mouth... Bad ice cream !!! LOL

Glad to hear it, Yasmina! My daughter and I joined CURVES about 6 weeks ago and we're going 3 to 4 times a week. It seems to be jump-starting my metabolism. I hate it, because I hate exercising, but I've lost a few inches and a clothes size.

About the sideways port... Mine is flipped also (apparently everyone who got banded at TLBC at that time has the same issue -- it was just the way they did the bands then. Dr. Yau said he'd fix it once I'd reached goal. It's a minor procedure under local anesthesia.

xo

I am lazy and need to get out of this rut !

I find that I can eat more then a cup and I am so I am planning another trip to Toronto for another fill. The twice a week at the gym is not doing much... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH weight is soooooo slow now !:thumbup: :mellow::biggrin:

any advice

When I get stuck in a rut, I track my food again. Sometimes just making sure I am eating the right foods somehow makes my band work better. Can you go to the gym more often? What would motivate you? A trainer? Clothes, holiday?? You can do this, you have come so far...one day at a time my friend. :biggrin: