Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on July 15th. I have not been able to eat anything except for Jello, pudding, yogurt, and broths. If I eat something like chili, chicken salad, eggs, egg salad or anything in the soft stage it comes back up. Even if I puree these foods it still comes back up. I am so depressed from not being able to eat anything this just sucks. I am going on a vacation with lots of family this week and I am dreading it because this years plan is to eat out for dinners to save the hassle. So now I have to sit and watch everyone eat all the things I once could and sip more broth. Definitely at this point wish I didn't have this sleeve done. I am down 43 Lbs since the surgery but I have been miserable the whole time. When will this get better because it seems like never an my surgeon has no answers except to focus on fluids if eating is a problem.

So sorry to hear this. I can only imagine the frustration you are having. This is my fear. I am only in the full liquid stage. Sleeved on 8/14. Just curious if you have spoken with the surgeon's nurse or the nutritionist? I am certain there is a solution to this but dang it!! :-/

I am also so nervous to be in your shoes. I have been on liquids for three weeks (counting 2 weeks of pre op)and I really am so sick n tired of just drinking. So I saw that some Dr put there patients on a puree diet week two. I tried the refried Beans n I was so uncomfortable. Obviously I tried it to early but I really miss my happy place at the dinner table with my family. I am not as far as u but I really want to feel normal again. Its not that I dont want to change but I find it to be so hard when food was my comfort/my go to..now I have nothing..well besides my beautiful family..I really hope u heal fast for ur sake

So sorry to hear this. I can only imagine the frustration you are having. This is my fear. I am only in the full liquid stage. Sleeved on 8/14. Just curious if you have spoken with the surgeon's nurse or the nutritionist? I am certain there is a solution to this but dang it!! :-/

Yes I have been in touch with the surgeon's nurse and my nutritionist and they are stumped. I have also been in the hospital twice for dehydration due to really bad nausea from eating. Once I would try something and it would come back up I cant even get all my fluids in either. They have put me on multiple different pills and Patches which help a little but i still can't hold any soft foods down which is the stage i should be on now. This has been a journey i wasn't expecting to be this bad.

I also wish you luck and hope all goes smooth for you from here.

Can you keep down creamy Soups? I would insist your doctor run some tests to find out why you can't keep soft foods down.

I am also so nervous to be in your shoes. I have been on liquids for three weeks (counting 2 weeks of pre op)and I really am so sick n tired of just drinking. So I saw that some Dr put there patients on a puree diet week two. I tried the refried Beans n I was so uncomfortable. Obviously I tried it to early but I really miss my happy place at the dinner table with my family. I am not as far as u but I really want to feel normal again. Its not that I dont want to change but I find it to be so hard when food was my comfort/my go to..now I have nothing..well besides my beautiful family..I really hope u heal fast for ur sake

Not to get into a sad story but food was the only thing I could count on when my parents split up when I was 12. That is until I met my wife. I just feel like I lost a big part of me by not being able to eat and feel normal doing so. We went to the 99 on Saturday with my brother in law, wife, and two year old son. My wife got the burger I once loved, my brother in law got the boneless buffalo wings and potato skins which was my go to menu item and my son had mac and cheese. I ordered chicken noodle Soup and had two sips of the broth and then felt nauseous. Everyone finished their food except me and the waiter brought the manager over to ask me if there was a problem with my soup because I barley touched it. This was just awkward because people were looking to see what would have caused this to happen. I explained my situation which I am not ashamed of but this was a first that I never thought I would have to deal with. I just wish I could fast forward to me living normal again or rewind and undo what has been done.

Can you keep down creamy Soups? I would insist your doctor run some tests to find out why you can't keep soft foods down.

Creamy soups come up too. I had an upper GI test done last week for my issues and was told my hiatal hernia is too tight causing reflux. And also which is still unanswered is once the food hits my stomach I get instant turmoil and it comes back up from there too not just from above the hernia.

So sorry to hear this. It does get better!! I was so sick for three weeks. I couldn't keep much down and had a really hard time drinking anything too. I had to be re admitted to the hospital once for fluids and I went to an infusion place twice more for fluids. I am about 6.5 weeks out and feeling better. It has been a long road but I have lost 45 lbs and feel so much better. You will get through this. Unfortunately it will just take a bit longer than you thought. I still have days where I feel crappy but they are beginning to be less than those where I feel pretty good. If you don't feel like going out to dinner every night then take some time to yourself. Your family will certainly understand. Hang In there and know that in a few weeks this will all be behind you!!!

Have they checked to make sure you're not too tight? Some people need to have it stretched.

Wouldn't that have been looked at with the GI test?

Some folks on here have had to have a stent placed to help dilate. Search "stent" and see if you can find that forum on here.

Is it possibly the amount that you're eating? When I started on pureed foods, I could only eat 1-2 ounces at a time. If I would anything more than that, it would come back up (thankfully only happened once). It is so important to only take a small bite, chew thoroughly, swallow it and wait before taking the next bite. Also, I can't drink anything 15 minutes before or 30 minutes after I eat. I find that most people that get sick it's due to the amount and not what they are eating. I'm 4 weeks out and I can now eat 3-4oz at a time. It does get easier but when I over-do it it feels crappy! So, how much are you eating at a time?

Not to get into a sad story but food was the only thing I could count on when my parents split up when I was 12. That is until I met my wife. I just feel like I lost a big part of me by not being able to eat and feel normal doing so. We went to the 99 on Saturday with my brother in law, wife, and two year old son. My wife got the burger I once loved, my brother in law got the boneless buffalo wings and potato skins which was my go to menu item and my son had mac and cheese. I ordered chicken noodle Soup and had two sips of the broth and then felt nauseous. Everyone finished their food except me and the waiter brought the manager over to ask me if there was a problem with my Soup because I barley touched it. This was just awkward because people were looking to see what would have caused this to happen. I explained my situation which I am not ashamed of but this was a first that I never thought I would have to deal with. I just wish I could fast forward to me living normal again or rewind and undo what has been done.

I also had some regrets until recently. I can eat a little more and I am enjoying my meals again. It just requires more planning. We will be able to eat the things that we love but in very limited quantities. We are still healing and it's a process to get back to our (new) normal. I went on vacation on day 19 post op. I brought plenty of cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese. I made sure that I ate every 3 hours (only about 2 oz at a time). I even got to enjoy a few bites of lobster (chewed very well). I ate frozen yogurt and had a couple a bite of cotton candy. Luckily I had no problems with anything. I just took a bite and tried it out. The past week has been very different. I can eat just a little bit more. I got this sleeve to control myself and as a tool for my weight loss...I don't plan to deprive myself at all! I hope you can figure out why you are unable to keep anything down. I really believe that it's just a matter of time before you come around.

Roundy: I just realized that you were sleeved a week before me...don't despair! I see people on this forum and other forums that have also had difficulty trying out new foods for the first few weeks. Get on top of your doctor and NUT to check you out!

Is it possibly the amount that you're eating? When I started on pureed foods' date=' I could only eat 1-2 ounces at a time. If I would anything more than that, it would come back up (thankfully only happened once). It is so important to only take a small bite, chew thoroughly, swallow it and wait before taking the next bite. Also, I can't drink anything 15 minutes before or 30 minutes after I eat. I find that most people that get sick it's due to the amount and not what they are eating. I'm 4 weeks out and I can now eat 3-4oz at a time. It does get easier but when I over-do it it feels crappy! So, how much are you eating at a time?[/quote']

I am eating a bite the size of your pinky nail. It goes down hits my sleeve and up it comes. I don't eat anymore after that.