Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would like a little cheese with my whine

So 16 days out. No complications, no pain, was going great, been working out lightly since day 4 trying not to overdo it.

My big problem right now is that I have gone from feeling GREAT to feeling terrible. I am light-headed, dizzy, feel like I am going to pass out every time I stand up, and my BP is a tad low. Lowest was 110/55, and other readings have been 109/65 etc. I've always been a little on the low side. Pulse has been high for me like 84, 96 etc. My resting pulse is usually 70. Brain is fuzzy, can't read 2 pages of a book without getting distracted.

Spent most of yesterday in bed which is very unusual for me. Made myself get on the stationary bike for 20 mins thinking it would energize me. Nope. Couldn't even stand long enough to make my son's dinner. WTH??

Btw, I'm getting between 500-650 cals daily, 80+ gms of Protein, less than 50 carbs and at least 64 oz of Water. We're on full liquids for another week.

I've written to my doc in Mexico but I haven't heard back. It's worrisome that I've gone from feeling great to not being able to get out of bed, and I'm pretty sure it's a Vitamin or mineral deficiency but I'm the wrong kind of doctor to know. I wish I knew what was going on.

I see my local PCP on Monday so will ask her to run tests. So I'm just whining and hoping someone has an answer to what's going on.

Did anyone else go through this? What was the issue? What worked?

I gelt that way but I had two problems. The first was that my BP meds were keeping my BP too low. That is what was making me lightheaded upon standing and feeling bad. The other issue was that I found out through tracking on MFP that I was taking in less than 500 calories per day. When I started taking in more- like eating every two hours- I started feeling better and loosing again.

You didn't mention if you are actually taking your Vitamins, but I read yesterday that this same scenario happened to another post-op person and it turned out that their potassium was low. Definitely worth checking when you see your PCP. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

You didn't mention if you are taking your vitamins' date=' but I read yesterday that this same scenario happened to another post-op person and it turned out that their potassium was low. Could be worth checking when you see your PCP? Good luck, hope you feel better soon.[/quote']

I am taking Vitamins and after 2x4nomore posted about her potassium and I started to feel like "carp" I ran to see how much I was getting. Between the shakes and Vitamins, I should be getting 25-30% of RDA. We PM'ed and her symptoms were quite different from mine. But you are correct, it's definitely worth asking the PCP to test it. Thanks for the good wishes.

I usually feel like that when Im dehydrated. It can also be low Iron levels,potassium and low sugar. Try to drink something sweet like juice or fruit punch. hope you feel better. I Think this is a part of vsg. every once in a while I feel like this, so I start to look at my potassium intake,water,vitamins Protein iron and carbs. Hope you get better.

You didn't mention if you are actually taking your Vitamins, but I read yesterday that this same scenario happened to another post-op person and it turned out that their potassium was low. Definitely worth checking when you see your PCP. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Omg lol I was thinking the same thing !!! Its not something very common like dehidration but it very well could be that. I also am going through life very tired I feel its Vitamin deficiency. I hope you feel better soon.

Why are you pushing yourself so hard.....Yes you could be Vitamin deficient but it takes 3 months for the sleeve to heal and longer for the incisions...Esp. The one that they remove your stomach from.....Your calorie intake is way too low and you should be drinking some G2 for hydration.....I am 10 months out and still drink a 1/2 bottle of G2 every day so I keep hydrated.....I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with Water and it works well....

Do ask about your possible deficiencies but take it easier on your poor sleeve....

I felt like that too early out. I was dehydrated. Don't be afraid go an Urgent care and get an IV and blood work done if you need it. You will have ups and downs but you will be Successful. I like that you have been active on this forum too. Be proactive in getting the care and follow up you need. Only a professional can check your blood levels Symptoms and treat you.many people had to get an IV if needed. If not push fluids Protein and more walking.

Good luck.

From what I've heard, Vitamin B12 helps with energy

Why are you pushing yourself so hard.....Yes you could be Vitamin deficient but it takes 3 months for the sleeve to heal and longer for the incisions...Esp. The one that they remove your stomach from.....Your calorie intake is way too low and you should be drinking some G2 for hydration.....I am 10 months out and still drink a 1/2 bottle of G2 every day so I keep hydrated.....I mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with Water and it works well....

Do ask about your possible deficiencies but take it easier on your poor sleeve....

If I were being honest I'd have to say because I am a perfectionist who demands a lot from myself :) Bad reason right? You are correct. I may have to accept once again, that I am not in fact, super woman. Dang.

I'm doing at least 1 G-2 a day. I love that stuff.

Sorry you're not feeling well. I think initially you felt so good, that you were doing too much and it all just caught up with you. We just went through major surgery. You've been cooking for the family, taking care of your Husband, riding the exercise bike. Dr. Alvarez told us to only walk for the first several weeks. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Drinking enough, getting enough Protein, taking your Vitamins, etc. What you're feeling now is similar to what I was feeling initially, so Rest, Rest, Rest. Don't push yourself too hard. I know you "felt" energetic and well enough to do all that you were doing, but now your body is telling you to SLOW DOWN. Listen to your body. And, feel better soon. (((Hugs))), give one to R. for me.

Love the title of your thread. Rest (like stay off your feet rest), drink, maybe up your calories a bit today. If you feel worse or no better by tomorrow, the urgent care idea sounds good. I have passed out a few times in my life, sounds like you are feeling like I do beforehand. We don't want you falling down! Maybe drink a couple G2's today? Or even regular Gatoraid?

So my doctor wrote back. Increase calories to 700-800, increase carbs. Apparently it's too early to limit carbs to under 50 gms. Who knew?

I see fruit smoothies and Soups with sweet potatoes in my future! Yum.

Thanks to all who held my hand this morning. I needed it :)