Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moody, emotional, tired..8 days post op

I would search the boards for this kinda stuff, but I don't have the energy!!! I felt so good like days 3 & 4 but then they found the blood clot in my arm in a superficial vein (I've been worried about that) the last couple days have been an emotional roller coaster! I ask myself "what the hell have I done to myself" I have been getting plenty of fluids in and I've drank my shakes, but I feel only having less than 600 calories is catching up to me....

On one positive note my belly swelling has gone down and the soreness is getting better!! Yesterday I started the cRaZy hiccuping :( which feels like my esophagus is going to explode!!! And sneezing feels like the stitch on the left side (that's way deep) feels like someone took a match and lit me on fire on the inside!!

I am so dedicated to losing this weight, my heart and mind are set and they are right place, I know that these are just TINY LITTLE road blocks, the emotions, the moodiness but I think it's all part of this journey!!! This is reality, this is my life my life now and I have to take it one day at a time!!! But what a heck of a ride its going to be!!!

The husband and kids are great but of course they don't understand the whole experience, this consumes you... Mind, body and soul!!!!

Hoping for a more peaceful day, got my Water jug next to me, my iPad and headphones:)

It will get better!!!!

Kim

I know exactly how you are feeling about the emotional rollercoaster. I have been up & down it a coupke of times myself since surgery. It is a hard ride but also so worth it & you are right it will & does get better! Just hang on tight & enjoy the journey to a happier, healthier you! Wish you the best!!!!

Hang in there, dear. You are experiencing normal things, and each day will get better than the day before. I know that is not very helpful, especially when you are going through it, but I promise you are not alone. I also promise, like pinky swear promise, that you WILL NOT REGRET this decision in any way. Once those pounds start dropping off, you are walking and doing light exercises, you begin to gain energy, etc., you will know that you have done the exact best thing you could possibly do for yourself.

Of course you are tired---you have just had major surgery, and the anesthesia always catches up to you around this point of your journey. You are experiencing absolutely normal things. Once you can begin eating soft foods, you will begin to feel so much better, I promise. Just hang in there, do your best to walk, sip, walk, sip, walk, sip, and take each day as it comes. You can't speed up this process, so each day is a new experience, albeit a slow one. But, once you drop that first 20 pounds, that will motivate you to keep going.

I am glad to hear the soreness is easing up a bit. I didn't have the hiccup thing, but walking and moving as much as you can will help move all the gas out of your stomach area.

You've got this, Sista!!!!

Take care.......

There are days and then there are DAYS! I get it. Even now at 9 weeks out, I sometimes want to just curl up into a ball and lay in bed all day. I have friends that have had this surgery and still everyone's experience is so different.

Just hang in there. Pretty soon the days like today are going to be farther and farther apart. Hugs to you!!

Wow, i just posted saying I'm so tired and then I see this. I'm 15 days out maybe, but I am very tired and was hoping for some energy. I guess it's all normal. Hang in there!

Wow' date=' i just posted saying I'm so tired and then I see this. I'm 15 days out maybe, but I am very tired and was hoping for some energy. I guess it's all normal. Hang in there![/quote']

It looks to be the norm!! I hope to regain bunches of energy soon! :)