Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower Body Lift Fun!

Wow you ladies reply fast! You have me so wanting this already! I think I will get another opinion. I dont want more than I need, yet if I am going to go through the surgery I want the most out of it I can get. I hope that makes sense. I was above 200 lbs only for a year before surgery and have lost fairly slowly. I am satisfied with most everything but that bubble of tummy (that isnt going away) and my breasts. They look okay in a bra, but are pretty sad without one. They are slightly "empty" on top. I mean empty to the point that laying flat on my back the skin looks puckery. I was stuffing them into DD and am happily back into a D now. I wouldnt mind if they came out lifted and perky and C. Do you lose much actual size in the breast with a lift, or does it just shift the shape?

Brenda, Puddin, and Telly:

All of you look amazing!!!! How long was the recovery time from the plastic surgery. I work two jobs and I know I won't be able to work one for ahile but I need to get back to my day job after I get a Tummy Tuck hopefully next month.

Thanks,

josette

Brenda, Puddin, and Telly:

All of you look amazing!!!! How long was the recovery time from the plastic surgery. I work two jobs and I know I won't be able to work one for ahile but I need to get back to my day job after I get a Tummy Tuck hopefully next month.

Thanks,

josette

Hi Josette

I was out for a week and a half. Had it on a Friday and returned to work 1 week and 5 days later (on a Wednesday). Should have been a full 2 weeks. I have a desk job, though. Wouldn't have been for 3 weeks if I had a job where I had to walk around. And if I had to walk around all day, I'd be doing half-days for a little while. You can't really stand up completely straight for 3 weeks. You look like Darwin's Progression of Man chart, starting out as ape.

I am nearly 4.5 weeks out now and can stand up straight and even go to my spinning class. I ran for 5 minutes today as well, but it took everything out of me and I could FEEL the swelling to go my legs in the craziest way. Caused a lot of pain. Um, yeah, they told me not to run until week 8. Silly Georgia! Anyhow, you get back pretty quick, unless there are complications.

Apparently TOTAL recovery time can be up to 6 months. Swelling can actually last that long. The nurse told me, however, that the majority of the swelling should be gone in 3 months. I am still very swollen, but have gone down a size since 2 weeks ago. I fit into size 8 Express jeans on Saturday. I'm hoping, perhaps, to get into a 6 after all the swelling goes down and I lose another 15 pounds. I don't think 145 is an unreasonable weight, though my family is worried about this obsession with it. I still have a little back fat and some leg fat and a little on my arms that could definitely use some shaving off!

Hey, as far as arms go, have any of you heard of Thermage? My laser hair removal doc was telling me about it last Friday. It's new. Apparently it denatures the Protein (cooks you) and forces the damaged cells to create collagen, which will shrink your arms/legs/face or whatever right up. Well, it takes about 6 months after the 1-time treatment for the full effect to show. But the photos looked very promising. I'm thinking of having my arms done in about 6 months. He says my arms might cost about $2,000, but that's certainly cheaper than brachioplasty (which he said I didn't need) and doesn't create any scars.

Georgia: I had thermage on my face and neck last week. I felt like my face was saggy after my weight loss. I was getting jowls and a double chin (yucky!). The procedure took about 2 1/2 hours and hurt like hell. They did give me a sleeping pill and a loratab, but you don't go to sleep when they are working on you like that. Anyway, it was bearable and doesn't hurt afterwards. I can already see results. My eyes look more open. My double chin is gone and so are my jowls. I would definetly recommend it for the face. It was expensive, but a lot cheaper than a face lift. I'm thinking that I will have my arms done after I have lost all my weight. I let you know in about 6 months what the final results are.

Georgia: I had thermage on my face and neck last week. I felt like my face was saggy after my weight loss. I was getting jowls and a double chin (yucky!). The procedure took about 2 1/2 hours and hurt like hell. They did give me a sleeping pill and a loratab, but you don't go to sleep when they are working on you like that. Anyway, it was bearable and doesn't hurt afterwards. I can already see results. My eyes look more open. My double chin is gone and so are my jowls. I would definetly recommend it for the face. It was expensive, but a lot cheaper than a face lift. I'm thinking that I will have my arms done after I have lost all my weight. I let you know in about 6 months what the final results are.

WHOA! I'm so excited about that! The doc said you can see results, but minimally, right after. So I'm excited for your 6-month results. Can I ask how much you paid for it?

wow girls you make me feel like a whimp! spinning class, running,themage, I thought I was hot shit cause I can drive now! lol

Lianna- second opinion and tell them what you want, and let them know you want tight abs. My understanding is that your abs seperate towards your side with weight gain too, not just child birth, and with the Tummy Tuck the muscles are brought to center and stitched together to get the six pack look. ask the surgeons if the consult fee is applied to surgery if you go with them, mine was. For the breast life qustion, yes, they do get smaller. I was a Victoria secrets 40 dd/e before surgery, and bringing the girls to about face and removing excess skin I am now (yes I went shopping already) a Victoria IPEX as it has no wires, cant wear wires, ready..... 36C, yep cant believe it, I got hot, sweaty and thought I would pass out when the bra fit in the cup and then in the middle hooks around. I was crying in the middle of the mall. Havnt been that size since Jr. High. So yes they are smaller and purky. Husband told me they look fake he is so used to the saggy ones!

Joestta:

You have to remember Georgia is SUPERWOMAN!! I am 4 weeks out and today is the first day I have driven and if I worked at a desk it would start today dont rush things. wait till you have time to recover.

Georgia; YOUR MY HERO!!!

Keep me informed on the arm therm--- anything to shrink the fat!!! where do I sign up!

Wow Ladies! Brenda and Puddin you both look B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I've been plateaued for a couple of months, get my third fill today. I want to thank you guys for re-inspiring me. I've been kinda down the last few weeks and haven't kept up with all the threads on here. I'm sooo glad that I caught up on this one. I've got about 65 - 70 more pounds to lose before I can think about PS, but I know I will need it. Thanks again for being so open and sharing your experiences and pics!

Puddin - I can relate to the being behind on the dating thing... I'm 35 and have never really dated. I've always been the fat, funny, invisible friend. You know the one that all the guys consider to be a "buddy"? It is amazing how dropping 94 pounds has made me less invisible. Problem is, I'm not sure how comfortable I am being visible. I gotta work through it. It is great to know that I'm not alone in this. Thanks again!

Puddin- I embarrassed to tell you how much I spent on Thermage, but since you've shared so much, of course I'll tell you. It was $2,800. I know it's a lot but for me it was worth it. If my face is tighter in 6 months, I'm going to be really hot! LOL

Kim - You know, it's amazing how being large forces you to exaggerate parts of your personality to be visible. Since I've been heavy my whole life, like you, once you've stripped off the extra layers of fat, it's almost like stripping the layers of your personality as well. I blogged about the whole invisibility issue once and called it "The Joy and Discomfort of Becoming Visible." I'm sorry to tell you that it just gets harder as the weight comes off. But the bonus is that you'll finally find out who YOU are.

I was in personal limbo for about 5 years, spiritually, physically... everything. I wasn't progressing in any way except for professionally. This has been a very turbulent time in my life: Lifestyle change, losing the weight, starting to date, getting engaged, getting un-engaged, extreme heartbreak, lower body lift, sister getting engaged, changing jobs, moving, breaking my religious and personal beliefs, repentance, personal and familial re-discovery, dating, dating, dating. All those changes have added up to be some incredible stress. But Kim, it's all good stuff! It has to happen sometime, and what a wonderful way for it to happen for you - with losing weight!

Puddin- I embarrassed to tell you how much I spent on Thermage, but since you've shared so much, of course I'll tell you. It was $2,800. I know it's a lot but for me it was worth it. If my face is tighter in 6 months, I'm going to be really hot! LOL

Oh hun, NO reason to be embarassed. I'm all about surgical/laser intervention. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me - especially given the price of a face-lift. You're gonna look like a star!

Puddin', you look great and are such an inspiration. Whom did your surgery? I can't remember if it was you or Telly that had the surgery done in Mexico? If so, were you pleased with the facilities?

Puddin', you look great and are such an inspiration. Whom did your surgery? I can't remember if it was you or Telly that had the surgery done in Mexico? If so, were you pleased with the facilities?

Sweetie, I had mine done here. Telly had hers done in Mexico. And thanks!

spldgrl: You need to quit comparing your recover with Puddin. You are older (sorry) and you also had the breast lift, which I'm sure complicates things. Speaking of breast lifts, which do you think is more painful, the breast lift or the TT? I'm trying to decide if I want to get a breast lift along with the TT. How much after care is there for the breast lift and when can you start exercising after it. I would really appreicate knowing more. Thanks.

The breast lift is cake- actually, I'd do them together again if needed. Get it overwith and the discount $$$. The drain on my r breast was very painful so the first week sucked. once it was removed everything went faster recovery wise. My dr. says 8 weeks then well talk. Everyone is different so my ability to exercise is different. I had 3lbs from stomach removed and a total of 2.7 excess breast skin removed, I guess thats alot. I feel good and walk upright and the outer stitches are gone and healed beautifully. its the internal stuff that takes the time. I had a 2" gap in the ab muscles that was pulled together and stitched so it will take awhile before I can lift weights or do the arm stregthening I was doing. I will know more in another 3 weeks, each dr is different too so it depends on your doc when you can get in the gym.