Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Magnesium citrate but no poop

True :-D

On my way in and for some reason I'm not scared.

Good, no need to be scared. You'll do great! See you on the other side.

I'm alive :-)

Today is the first day I've had enough energy to pick up my phone!!

I'm feeling pretty decent, gas pains gone for the post part, ice Water is my best friend. So is crystal light and green tea. Today I tried some Protein but couldn't get all in. But will try again tomorrow.

And yes my worst fear came to light. I shitted everywhere omg I was beyond embarrassed. Idk when exactly it happened but it must have been as soon as they woke me up. I just remember puking and shitting then blank...and when I say shitting it was like a faucet back there ew!

Then some little old lady woke me up and said "sweet heart you're all nice and clean now" and all I could say was sorry.

I hope I don't run into any of those people ever again

But I'm here :-D

Today is the first day I've had enough energy to pick up my phone!!

I'm feeling pretty decent' date=' gas pains gone for the post part, ice Water is my best friend. So is crystal light and green tea. Today I tried some Protein but couldn't get all in. But will try again tomorrow.

And yes my worst fear came to light. I shitted everywhere omg I was beyond embarrassed. Idk when exactly it happened but it must have been as soon as they woke me up. I just remember puking and shitting then blank...and when I say shitting it was like a faucet back there ew!

Then some little old lady woke me up and said "sweet heart you're all nice and clean now" and all I could say was sorry.

I hope I don't run into any of those people ever again

But I'm here :-D[/quote']

Lol! I'm glad your doing well! What a way to wake up!!! Hehehe....

Well it will give you guys something to laugh about. :P

You know when I woke up all I heard was the anesthesiologist yelling for someone to call the psych person. Then yelling at me to calm down or they would restrain me??? WTF?

I guess they tried twice to wake me up and both times I came out boxing :D oops!

My husband and daughter still make fun of me...

Well I am happy you were successful. When I woke up from my gall bladder surgery the nurse was like "how are you?" And I said "I peed myself" she was like no you didn't.... I was like wanna bet? LOL. She looked and confirmed that for the first Time since I was potty trained I had peed my bed. I was horrified.

Lol talk about delayed gratification! At least we know all the poop potions you took the day before worked, in their own good time.

Glad you made it through ok. The best is yet to come.

I'm supposed to be at the hospital tomorrow at 9:30 for my surgery. I took magnesium citrate as instructed around 10pm and also did a fleets enema about 2 hours later. Something is seriously wrong. I feel like I have to poop but can't actually poop. It's like the world's biggest turd is right there trying to come out but can't. I've pushed and pushed and nothing. I don't know what to do. My stomach feels weird now, like a crampy feeling. I don't want to have surgery like this, any ideas? Pointers? I think the poop is impacted.

SENNA is an over the counter drug from CVS (at least that is where I buy it) that helps. One of my children is a diabetic and he has slow intestines and has a hard time "going" so it helps him like crazy. We give him 50g when he is really needing to get cleaned out and then do 25g on a day to day basis when we are doing this. It cleans him out in about 4-6 hours. There are several brands, we just had to find one that had "senna" in it with the highest dosage in grams. I hope this information is helpful-but always check with your doctor.....

First of all, I am so sorry this happened to you! That would be such a nightmare! And secondly, this is the funniest post I have ever read on here!!! OMG!!!! Thank you for the laugh, and I'm so happy to hear you're ok. Take care girl.

Miralax is my new best friend.

First of all' date=' I am so sorry this happened to you! That would be such a nightmare! And secondly, this is the funniest post I have ever read on here!!! OMG!!!! Thank you for the laugh, and I'm so happy to hear you're ok. Take care girl.[/quote']

Glad to entertain lol but I was panicking like crazy the night before surgery. I haven't pooped since "that day" and I'm starting to worry again. I feel full but not in a full from food kinda full. I have to call my surgeon tomorrow to make a follow up appointment so I'll ask them what to do. Oh and I've been farting a lot post-op. no odor just lil puffs of air. Is that normal?

I pooped, YAYYYYYY lol

Glad to hear all is well. Just a tip... that comes with a warning too that it's mega-TMI, so only read on if this is your need.

Lots of us girls get a rectocoele as the years march on, particularly if we suffer from Constipation, although childbirth alone and a uterus determined to meet your feet someday will do it alone... All that pressure on our pelvic floors and something's got to give, so why not the ever thinning wall between your vagina and your rectum.

Those occasions when you feel a poop just inside your rectum that won't actually come out are often due to your rectum expanding sideways into your vagina. Put a couple of fingers in your vagina and press towards your rear firmly and you will return your rectum to its more normal shape and size, allowing the poop to slide down and out.

The longer the poop has been stuck the drier it will be so use a 5ml enema to lubricate if you can, or be prepared to go slowly.

Without doubt this is some of the least fun you can have with your nether regions, but it does work. Taught to me by a continence physiotherapist.

Good luck Ladies. And yes, God must be a man.