Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr. David D. Kim / Texas General Hospital?

I would love to hear from others that have used the same Dr. or Hospital. My surgey date is 9/23.

I had a different doctor, Hollis, but used that hospital.. the nurses, staff, everyone was awesome!! My husband and I were very pleased.. :)

I would love to hear from others that have used the same Dr. or Hospital. My surgey date is 9/23.

I had Dr. Kim it went very well. I had DiDi and Merylene as my nurses and they were good. My friend and her husband also went thru Dr. Kim. we were very pleased. Just make sure you get up as often as possible to walk. I was walking 6+ laps on my own so she wouldnt wake me up every 2 hours. LOL that was our agreement. Bu t was in my everyday clothes later that day and walking and sleeping. Good luck

Im not sure if this is the right forum to ask this in but im so over welmed by all the sights. I have BCBS Active Care TRS. I have a $5000 Copay and I was wondering if the will finance that in office. I am also considering using Dr Kim. Thank you for your help!

Thanks everyone for sharing, my day is fast approaching 9/23, and nerves are starting to settle in!

Im not sure if this is the right forum to ask this in but im so over welmed by all the sights. I have BCBS Active Care TRS. I have a 5000 Copay and I was wondering if the will finance that in office. I am also considering using Dr Kim. Thank you for your help!

Copay or deductible? If its deductible my hospital stay an all my testing at the Texas General hospital ate up my deductible and I didn't have to pay anything up front. Just my copays each visit and 250. Scheduling fee that went towards the surgery balance. Also get 3 months free post-op. I have Aetna and that's my experience with dr Kim.

I am very glad to find this post - and its nice to see everyone was happy with the staff.

I have my surgery coming up 12/16/13, and will be using Dr. kim at Texas General. I sent PM

My ekg was there and the staff were wonderful, I am just more worried about being self pay and how the whole insurance part works since I did have a hernia as well that will be taken care of at the same time. I just received my explanation of benefits from my insurance for the EKG and I am now a little worried about how that part all plays out.

My husband and I are using Dr Kim but at Victory Medical Center in

Hurst this Tuesday, 12/17/13.

My husband and I are using Dr Kim but at Victory Medical Center in

Hurst this Tuesday, 12/17/13.

Hope you both are doing grest!

Surgery went well, have been up and walking and drinking clear fluids. Should be back at the hotel sometime this afternoon.

Surgery went well, have been up and walking and drinking clear fluids. Should be back at the hotel sometime this afternoon.

Glad y'all are doing well!

I was wondering the same thing. I have the "option" of Victory Medical or Texas General. I do not hear much talk about Texas General, but have heard Victory is really nice.

Can't speak to Texas General, but Victory is very nice, hospital and staff!

I was wondering the same thing. I have the "option" of Victory Medical or Texas General. I do not hear much talk about Texas General, but have heard Victory is really nice.

I think Forrest Park is the other nice one I hear about...

Don't hear much about Texas General