Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG>> how am I supposed to go through with this?!~!

I'm so nervous! I'm so nervous that I'm not even sure what I'm nervous about anymore! I dont know if its because it so permanent, something going wrong at PAT's that prevents me from getting the surgery after I already told everyone?? Missing food? Feeling just as crappy about myself as I do now with more headaches and heartaches?

help me!!!! talk me off of the ledge guys..

Most of us felt this way at some point in this journey. Calm down, take a step back and allow yourself to feel what you're feeling. Then remind yourself why you even considered this in the first place.

Over time you'll start to feel a bit better about this. It's perfectly normal and you're not alone.

I'm so nervous! I'm so nervous that I'm not even sure what I'm nervous about anymore! I dont know if its because it so permanent, something going wrong at PAT's that prevents me from getting the surgery after I already told everyone?? Missing food? Feeling just as crappy about myself as I do now with more headaches and heartaches?

help me!!!! talk me off of the ledge guys..

Take a couple of deep relaxing breaths, then write down the reasons you're doing this and why it's important to you. Keep that list near you, you may need it again.

Second thoughts are normal, many of us have had them. I have as well, but i'd do the surgery again in a heartbeat.

If you weren't in a panic, you wouldn't be normal! It's going to be fine. You have good reasons, you made a good decisions, you're prepared. Do like DonRodolfo says and make a list of the pros and cons to remind yourself. And then read some success stories. Make a list of "post-op NSV"s you're looking forward to. It's so worth it!

I feel like I wasn't normal because I wasn't nervous at all, and felt like I should have been. I have a wife and 3 kids that depend on me. But I knew I was doing the right thing, and was doing it for them, so I had peace in my heart.

I just finished all my pre op tests and I'm feeling the same way. I'm scared out of my whits! I was fine during the process now I'm like.. OMG it's almost time! I'm doubting , I'm worried what can happen while I'm under the anesthesia , worried what can happen after surgery. I started out trusting my surgeon now I'm like worried about if she's a good surgeon , if everything will be Alright. I'm terrified of surgery but I'm also terrified if what can happen and how my life will be if I don't get this surgery.

Broken record here: you do realize that the risks of having a car accident on the way to the hospital are actually greater than the risk of problems with the surgery.

By the time of my surgery, I had had six months to think about and read everything about the sleeve surgery that I could put my hands on. I was making jokes about changing my mind, but once they hooked up the IV, I figured I was stuck. My only sister was actually more nervous than me. I think she was nervous that if I died, she would have to be responsible for our mother.

I didn't change my mind, and it's the best decision I ever made. 3 months out, no complications, no pain, no nausea or vomiting. I'm down 47 lbs, co morbidities resolved and I feel fantastic!

Thanks guys! today I am feeling more confident. tomorrow I will probably freak out again. we will see! roller coaster of emotions.