Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you ever get all of your liquids down?

I timed mine. Every couple of minutes I took a few sips. It takes time. My Dr told me to work on Water first, then Protein. That helped me avoid ever getting dehydrated.

My goal was the Protein first, then the additional liquids.....I was feeling constrictions when I sipped---I mean, barely a trickle would go down--took 20 minutes or more to drink one ounce and hurt.....the hospital's bariatric PA called today and said that was spasms.....and to change the temperature.....I warm up my drinks now, and it's helped a whole lot.....hope this helps! Good luck!

Just met with my nutritionist today and depending how far out you are, (like in the clear liquid phase,) she said to dilute to a 1 to 1 ratio of Water to Isopure. I guess that's one way to get it in. Other than that I plan on having plenty of Mio or crystal light on hand, or I know that I'll never drink it. I also just plan on having that handy wherever I go, never leaving the house without it. We'll see how I do post op, considering I am notoriously bad about my water intake.... 64 ounces of tiny sips= lots of sipping!!!

I'm on my 7th day of Post-op Clear Liquids. Some are harder then others. I have no problems with Italian Ices, but the Isopure is vile. Diluted, there is just more to drink. Currently I'm choking down one of those Protein bullets, on ice with a little cranberry juice. At least it's a smaller amt to drink. Tomorrow I'll be thrilled to start full liquids. My first meal is going to be an EAS Advantedge shake, for dinner It's Campbell's 98% FF Broccoli cheese Soup. Hopefully the shakes will be easier for me. I don't think I'll have any difficulty getting all the fluids in. This past week the most protein I've been able to get in is 40 Gms. I've done pretty well on Water and other liquids. Tomorrow I'm shooting for 70 Gms of Protein and 32 oz of fluids. The first week your goal is to stay hydrated, so liquids are really more important then protein. Sip, Sip, Sip

I'm on my 7th day of Post-op clear liquids. Some are harder then others. I have no problems with Italian Ices' date=' but the Isopure is vile. Diluted, there is just more to drink. Currently I'm choking down one of those Protein bullets, on ice with a little cranberry juice. At least it's a smaller amt to drink. Tomorrow I'll be thrilled to start full liquids. My first meal is going to be an EAS Advantedge shake, for dinner It's Campbell's 98% FF Broccoli cheese Soup. Hopefully the shakes will be easier for me. I don't think I'll have any difficulty getting all the fluids in. This past week the most Protein I've been able to get in is 40 Gms. I've done pretty well on Water and other liquids. Tomorrow I'm shooting for 70 Gms of Protein and 32 oz of fluids. The first week your goal is to stay hydrated, so liquids are really more important then protein. Sip, Sip, Sip[/quote']

There u are Amy!!!!! How are you doing????

Italian ice sounds yummy.

I set a timer on my phone to go off every 5 minutes. And for the first week, they had to be room temp!