Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best greek yogurt? Any one's blood sugar ever dropped a little?

Can you recommend a Greek Yogurt?

Today is my first day on soft foods...it didn't go as well for me as I had hoped. It's really the first day I have felt bad or not been able to meet some of my requirements. In fact I think even tho, I was getting all my liquid in, I was bordering on becoming a little dehydrated and possibly having a little low blood sugar...long story to say...that even tho I didn't have any trouble swallowing my new soft foods by the end of the day, I realized I was still quite a bit shy on Protein.< /p>

I felt so crummy, only as of this afternoon (it's hot in Texas this week) (and I don't guess I've paid enough attention to getting Any carbs so I'm probably having big time ketosis) that this evening, I grabbed a Greek yogurt I had in the fridge. I started eating it before I realized that even tho it has 14 gr of protein, it also has 22 carbs! Eek!

Do you eat something lower in sugar? I think this was just a Kroger brand. They usually have a great variety of yogurt...but surely there is a sugar free version!

Honestly, I went ahead and ate it, and I do think I feel better!

I eat Fage 2% plain Greek I put a bit of stevia (or Splenda ) in it and some frozen blueberries.

Yummy! And 20 grams of Protein.

8 carbs..

What phase or stage did you start with the frozen blueberries? I guess I could do that with canned peaches though...I know I have those on hand and I usually have plain on hand! Great idea! TY!

What phase or stage did you start with the frozen blueberries? I guess I could do that with canned peaches though...I know I have those on hand and I usually have plain on hand! Great idea! TY!

Yeah blueberries may have wait, i think they are ok at softs stage but don't quote me :D But peaches are good I tell you I look forward to that meal everyday!

I like the dannon light and fit. 15 gm pro and only 80 cal. Mandarin orange segments , applesauce and peaches were good for a few carbs. Good luck!

Fage 0% is good with fruit preserve. Just a little bit mix it & it gives it good flavor.

I use 0% fat , plain Greek yogurt with sugar-free preserves and Splenda. If there is a Whole Foods near you, they have a sugar-free Wild Blueberry flavor that is my favorite. Preserves are cooked fruit so you shouldn't have a problem with those.

Also, you can make a cheesecake yogurt. Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, Splenda, cinnamon, vanilla extract. All to taste.

Stoneyfield Farms makes a plain, non-fat Greek yogurt in 4 oz containers. They are in a four pack. Make sure you get plain, not vanilla that has sugar in it. 4 oz is about all I can eat at one time.

Chobani is really high in Protein, but I don't know if this is an Aussie brand or not.

Chobani is in the US, it used to be my favorite until I found Light & Fit for almost half the calories. (80 vs 140 for Chobani)

I have to say two things. First I do 2% because I'm not opposed to a little fat in my diet. But the 0% tastes ok too, I just feel it doesn't stick with me that long ( I eat this as a meal not a snack)

And the Danon light and fit? Be careful with all the ingredients including cornstarch to thicken it

(Not a true Greek yogurt) same with the yoplait Greek not true Greek it's milk Protein concentrates and Gelatin, bean locust gum to thicken....

But hey it's better than an Oreo!

Yoplait greek vanilla yogurt. 100 calories 13 grms of Protein and 11 carbs total. I believe its a 6oz container! I used to eat chobani til I found this one. Yoplait Had less carbs so I switched.

I have to say two things. First I do 2% because I'm not opposed to a little fat in my diet. But the 0% tastes ok too' date=' I just feel it doesn't stick with my that long ( I eat this as a meal not a snack)

And the Danon light and fit? Be careful with all the ingredients including cornstarch to thicken it

(Not a true Greek yogurt) same with the yoplait Greek not true Greek it's milk Protein concentrates and Gelatin, bean locust gum to thicken....

[/quote']

Damn! I just bought the dannon! Thanks for the heads up!!!

I buy the danon light and fit greek ... they have several flavors and it's like eating dessert.

I have to say two things. First I do 2% because I'm not opposed to a little fat in my diet. But the 0% tastes ok too' date=' I just feel it doesn't stick with my that long ( I eat this as a meal not a snack)

[/quote']

I'm with you on the Fage 2% Laura! I originally started with the nonfat version but then I tried the 2% and I was floored by how creamy it was and how filling- lots and lots of Protein too! I also enjoy it with Stevia, vanilla extract and fresh blueberries from the garden, or diced mango with coconut extract (tropical dessert). I scrape my bowl trying to get every yummy bit i can! Best thing about the 2% is you can cook with it as well- use for creamy sauces in place of sour cream or heavy cream and it won't separate like nonfat will. My NUT only recommended Fage nonfat or 2% or a Kroger/Fred Meyer brand called carbmaster- all the others have too many carbs or other not so good for you things in it. To get a combo of low or nonfat and low carb is such a challenge- usually when it's low cal or fat, be suspicious of the carb count. It's typically much higher to make of for the lack of flavor and taste of the fat.

I'm with you on the Fage 2% Laura! I originally started with the nonfat version but then I tried the 2% and I was floored by how creamy it was and how filling- lots and lots of Protein too! I also enjoy it with Stevia' date=' vanilla extract and fresh blueberries from the garden, or diced mango with coconut extract (tropical dessert). I scrape my bowl trying to get every yummy bit i can! Best thing about the 2% is you can cook with it as well- use for creamy sauces in place of sour cream or heavy cream and it won't separate like nonfat will. My NUT only recommended Fage nonfat or 2% or a Kroger/Fred Meyer brand called carbmaster- all the others have too many carbs or other not so good for you things in it. To get a combo of low or nonfat and low carb is such a challenge- usually when it's low cal or fat, be suspicious of the carb count. It's typically much higher to make of for the lack of flavor and taste of the fat.[/quote']

Hehe... I'm a bowl scraper too! :D

And good call about the cooking with it!

The Fage website actually has a few good recipes on it also!