Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About to revise! Advice pls!

I am excited and nervous I complete my last part Of my insurance necessity's Today and then I just have to wait for a surgery date. I had my band placed back in October 2008 and have been having complications with it and weight gain since The end of 2011. I now have my two insurance to help cover all costs!

Can someone please let me know if they had lots of nausea with the band and if you have more or less with the sleeve???? Tell me your stories about what the biggest differences please I crave information!!!!

I have the sleeve and I love it. I am one yr out and 91 lbs down. Mind you I was self pay, cash in Tijuana Mexico and have had no follow up medical care after.. but also have not needed it.There were several people there with me that were having the revision done and from what I learned from them, the sleeve is so very much better. There is an adjustment of course after surgery.. If you eat too much, yes , it will come back up but I personally have not had any issues since about 3 months after. I am able to eat pretty much anything I choose, just very little of it. My evils are Pasta and beef..my heaven was grilled cheese - cheese- cottage cheese and Protein shakes.. that was basicly what I lived on for 3 months.. and brothy Soups when I wanted it. and yes grilled cheese on bread.. I choose multigrain bread, toasted or crunchy. So to me this sleeve is a Miracle.. I can have a bite of anything I want to taste but thanks to my little buddy ( sleeve ) I can not over eat.. I will never over eat again. Just make wise choices as far as gravy, pudding, cheese cake, just because you can eat it, doesnt mean you should.. my new motto. I wish you luck and I hope you love your sleeve as much as i do

re nausea... some have a lot, some have little (lucky me) and others in between. Prepare for the worst and all will be fine

I have really bad nausea now that has increased with this new horrible gastritis I got from unfilling my band! So I am hopeful and excited

Had my revision about 3 months ago and it was easy for me compared to the band. I had very little pain, just some soreness and was back to my normal routine without the lifting a week after. I was on Clear Liquids for one week, whole, liquids for one week, pureed food for two weeks, and than soft to regular as tolerated. I can say that now three months out I can eat anything in small amounts. I did suffer severe nausea after the sleeve from about 4 weeks till about 7 weeks. I took some prescription meds and got through it and now it's pretty much gone. I have not thrown up once with the sleeve which I did quite often with the band. I was 164.5 when I had my revision and now three months later I am about 139. I feel great, I look great, and I am so happy I got rid of that band! You will do great. Best of luck.

Well I am having my revision today I am at the hospital now surgery is in a little under three hours I am super excited can't wait but I am soooo thirsty! I am waiting for ice chips after

Well I am having my revision today I am at the hospital now surgery is in a little under three hours I am super excited can't wait but I am soooo thirsty! I am waiting for ice chips after

Good luck to you!!!! :)

Good Luck today!

Good luck! I am so happy to never have to worry about getting stuck with the band. It's like a huge cloud has lifted from my life.

Good luck! I am so happy to never have to worry about getting stuck with the band. It's like a huge cloud has lifted from my life.

I know I can't wait for it to be gone stop the constant nausea, among other things. In preop now waiting to be taken to the OR.

I had the lap band back in 2007... I lost A LOT of weight with it.. However in 2010 I started having issues with IBS and stomach pain, etc... I went to several doctors and all said that my band was fine so I didn't go back to my surgeon... However after a year of no real relief and a trip back to the hospital for the 4th time, I contacted my surgeon... He did a scan and found that my band had indeed slipped, which is what I kept telling my other docs... Anyway he drained my band of all Fluid and we waited 3 months to see if it corrected itself... It didn't! So we decided to take the band out and do a revision...

Well not to scare you but I had complications... It was supposed to be a 2 hour same day surgery because he was taking the band out one day and do the revision a few months later but it wound up being a 4 1/2 hour surgery and 8 days in the hospital... Not only did I have tons of scar tissue but he had to open me up... He opened me up to find that the band had started to erode through my stomach! As I said I was in the hospital for 8 days and out of work for 6 weeks beyond that...

For several other reasons - I found a new surgeon... I started the slow process of having the revision surgery... I have to say having the band gave me some of the tools for starting with my new stomach... I've had very few issues with nausea so far.. I'm only 15 days out however and my doc gave me dissolvable Zofran that I take when I am feeling nauseous and it takes it away quickly!

I would love to know how things go for you! All my best!

Hi everyone my surgery was Thursday it is now Saturday morning. They did the leak test yesterday. Dr. said everything was perfect. The band was put in correctly. So I'm still in the hospital and still having nausea. My pain level has been pretty high,, I have been getting the dilated every four hours through IV! As well as zofran and some other things sorry for the weird things I'm pretty out of it

Hi everyone my surgery was Thursday it is now Saturday morning. They did the leak test yesterday. Dr. said everything was perfect. The band was put in correctly. So I'm still in the hospital and still having nausea. My pain level has been pretty high' date=', I have been getting the dilated every four hours through IV! As well as zofran and some other things sorry for the weird things I'm pretty out of it[/quote']

Did you have another band put in or have the sleeve done? I thought you were getting revised to the sleeve.. The pain is normal in hospital... I was on the dilauded for the first 2 days and was switched over to Percocet when I could eat... They gave me Zofran every 6 hours when I was in hospital... It will get better! I only needed pain meds the first 2 days I was home and Zofran every once in a while... Ask for a prescription for dissolvable Zofran when you go home.. It works wonders for the nausea!