Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV...feeling yourself....

You got me curious. I googled it and learned something. That bumpy bit is the xiphoid process. Sounds like a way that aliens prepare humans for consumption. :o

http://medical-dicti...ary.com/sternum

post-20464-13813668543385_thumb.jpg

The xiphoid process / ˈ z ɪ f ɔɪ d /, or xiphisternum or metasternum, is a small cartilaginous process (extension) of the lower part of the sternum which is usually ossified in the adult human. By age 15 to 29, the xiphoid usually fuses to the body of the sternum with a fibrous joint. Unlike the synovial articulation of major joints, this is non-movable. Much the way the first seven ribs articulate with the sternum, the cartilage in the celiac plexus joins on the xiphoid process, reinforcing it, and indirectly attaches the costal cartilage to the sternum. In newborn babies and young (especially slender) infants, the tip of the xiphoid process may be both seen and felt as a lump just below the sternal notch.

It is different in an adult, you were right!

I feel my hip bones when I lay down and I tap my collar bones when I'm sitting at my desk. I have also started to feel my ribs. It's odd time to feel those because I have always carried my weight in my stomach area. Even my fiancé comments on how boney I'm getting.

Guilty as charged!!!! In in love with my collarbones & hip bones. My only issue is I've lost most of the padding on my butt & that bone really hurts!!! Lol - ill take it though!!! Congrats to us ALL!!!

Yeah' date=' I was stretching before my walk/run this morning, and looked at my legs. They were looking like the muscular legs I had 20 years ago!! The ones that everyone used to envy. No one has complimented me on my legs in awhile. Maybe they will now.[/quote']

Hey, you're legs look great

I love feeling my bones. :) Like the weird pointy ones at the top of the collarbone.

I can't even wear my wedding rings anymore. They were a size 8 and fit on my thumb now. I bought some backup rings that look pretty similar and have been wearing those. A stainless steel eternity band from Amazon for around $4 and a sterling silver solitaire from HSN for about $30. I started with both in size 7 and recently replaced with a size 6 - and those are loose. I'm right handed and the pinky finger on the right hand now has a size 4 eternity band on it.

My "real" rings are soldered together so they'd need to be broken apart and then resized and soldered back again... so I think that should only be one probably once. I don't want to get this done in a size 6 only to need it smaller later, maybe. Size 6 is comfortable at the end of a hot, humid day... you know, when the fingers are a little swelled up. Back in March, the jeweler thought my wedding rings should be resized to a 7, so I'm glad I waited.

I love being comfortable wearing shorts in public. :) I could still lose another 50 pounds but I look better NOW than 130+ pounds ago. LOL