Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for the ladies.....

...chocolate and my boyfriend! :rolleyes:

Ya...other APPETITES seem to become stimulated as well ;)

Yes' date=' I've had her twice and I get so hungry I could bite a baby. I don't but I could. Also, I find that I retain Water so much more now (drinking barely 60 oz) than I did pre-op (drinking over 100 oz).[/quote']

Yep:( I'm 6 mo post op and every month like clockwork I get hungrier a few days before. I try to bump up my Protein and have found that helps some- but I allow myself a bit of dark chocolate which really keeps the cravings at bay. My dietitian told me it was ok to add a few calories at that time but to drop back after.

LOL you ladies are funny! Thanks for all of the replies....it really helps!

Ahhh the cravings. And the Water retaining. I gain 1-3 lbs that week. And then all the sudden I drop like 5 -6the next week. Weird. But I have noticed that pattern.

Thank you so much for posting this. The covered are ridiculous and what certainly feels like real hunger!

Not sleeved yet...hope to get my surgery date tomorrow. But suddenly I'm feeling much better about the hysterectomy I had last November! ;)

I just realized this today. I looked back last month and noticed a calorie increase for that week and then a calorie decrease. I figuared out the pattern now and it matches the time of month. I don't crave un healthy foods, I just get hungry more often. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one.

I get cravings around ovulation and right before my period. I eat around 1200-1600 cals so I have plenty of wiggle room to fit in some sweets. With this calorie range I'm finding it easier not to abandon my diet during these times of heightened hunger.

Goodness, I feel like I was eating all day yesterday but of course I am still on full liquids so I know I really wasn't. I'm just glad Aunt Flo didn't make me as hungry as I used to get pre op. I also gained about 1/2 lb but I know it is Water weight. There are just some things that the sleeve doesn't help I guess so I will have to manage it on my own. Good luck ladies!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches