Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7 months post op lost 43 lbs....but suddenly i am stopped its been this way for about a month i upped my Protein but not sure whats going on here. Im scared im going to be stuck at 200 lbs. Im 27 5'5 now sure what to do I have incorporated more working out now but damn. Im embarrassed to only have lost 43 at 7 months out...

Could it be a stall?

What's the longest they last? It's been a month????

Nicki, you're way ahead of me, I just had surgery one week ago. However, I lost 90 pounds since March preparing for my surgery. When I would stop losing, I would evaluate everything that was contributing to weight loss and try to make sure I wasn't failing to do something essential. For me, these were the factors that could keep the weight coming off: 1). Water. If you are not drinking enough Water, your body will compensate to hang on to the water it does have. 2). Protein. You say you are hitting your target and that is great. Keep it up. 3). Exercise. Daily exercise every day gets more important as you lose weight. It can help your metabolism stay higher and burns a couple hundred calories per day for you. Since 1 pound = 3500 calories, you can estimate the impact of daily exercise over time. 4). I find that if I am not recording calorie counts of all food eaten each day, I get off track. I highly recommend you keep a food diary or get on something like myfitnesspal if you are not already doing it.

I think many, many people on here will tell you they too have experienced month long stalls. So don't despair, just fine tune your actions that contribute to weight loss and plan your meals, water and exercise and this stall will break. Stalls are vexing, I hate to experience them because it feels like your hard work is not paying off. However, that is a myth. Our stalls are simply the prelude to an extended period of weight loss and staying true to all your dr's instructions will pay off. This weight loss journey can be really emotional, but please remember this is really about math. Good luck, things will look better soon!

I am wondering the same thing. I have lost 50lbs since surgery too. I had lost over 20 in the months leading up to surgery, but was a low bmi at the time of surgery. You can see my stats and monthly loss in y signature. . I am 6 1/2 months out and have done great so far, but I haven't lost in the last month either. In fact, I've gained a couple of pounds. I have definitely not been as good as I should be on the Protein and Water intake. I do weigh every day and that helps me stay on track. For me, if I ignore the scale, I will tend to slack off and go into denial mode and start gaining.

I am very pleased with my current weight, but I'd like to lose 9 more pounds. This morning I am at 129. But would love to hit 120. I am only 5'2".

Is my weight loss likely to sop at this point since I am over 6 months out and since I am in the "normal" bmi range?

Nicki, my hunch is that you are in a stall and will keep losing.