Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Lopez, Tijuana August 6, 2013

I am schedule for my sleeve on August 6, 2013 with Dr. Lopez. Janese is my coordinator and whenever I try to call I have to leave a message which is okay because to me that means she giving someone her undivided attention. However, she does not call back she responds with an email. I am very unhappy with that. I have so many questions. For example, because my flight is 14 hours long how I am supposed to take a laxative. I arrive at 10 pm that night the day before my surgery. Also, what kind of laxative? I went to a pharmacist and they thought I had lost my mind telling them I needed a laxative for pre-op and could not tell them what kind.

I would like to know what to bring, what to expect? Do I need to bring my won food? ? Someone please help. So many questions and so little answers in less than 2 weeks away.

A 14 hr flight? Where the heck are you coming from?

I am coming from SK Canada I have a 8 hour lay over in Calgary

Update: Janese has called and she is answering all my questions. But I would still be elated if anyone could give me their personal advice.

For starters you won't need to bring any food, because your not allowed to have any,

Dr. Lopez did my surgery last October, at that time he had his patients do a 3 day clear liquid diet before surgery. I ended up not taking a laxative because .....how shall I say liquid in = liquid out. Not sure if the liquid diet diet is still the protocol or not.

I'm over 50 and like my little creature comforts, I stayed an additional 2 days at the Marriot because of long travel times and was glad that I did. These are the things I'm glad I took with me: extra panties, laundry soap, super comfy elastic waist shorts to wear under hospital gown when walking the halls, easy slid in shoes or slippers, panty liners, laptop, electric heating pad for gas pain, extension cord for all your electrical things, cellphone/charger. GasX strips.

As far as food goes I took powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth protien powder, and some chicken bullion to make broth with. You can use either the coffee pot or microwave in your room to heat things up. Sometimes the broth at the Marriot wasn't so great so I'm glad I had another option. Maybe some Crystal Light to flavor your Water.

If you do some research on the Self Pay and Mexico forum you'll find lots of info.

Wishing you the best, and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

No food needed.

Laxative- the paperwork says any brand. Idk about Canada, but in the US, you just go to the aisle in the store with laxativs and pick one.

You will have no issues with your flight. You take the laxative three days before surgery. You fly the day before. You will not poop yourself.

You probably will not be hungry after surgery. I had a nine hour flight back and did not want anything, just Gatoraid. I took sodium citrate 3 days before and everything happened over the next 2 days so flying was no problem. Wishing you well with your travels, surgery and recovery! :)

Oh! Just wanted to add....I had Dr. Lopez as well and you are in good hands!

I am coming from SK Canada I have a 8 hour lay over in Calgary

I will be there August 9 with DrLopez as well. I am doing the pre op diet now. I found these Protein drinks that have30 grams of Protein. They even taste good. How are you doing with yours?

Hi Newbie. I may just run into you at the hotel. My pre-op is going good so far. I find myself just a little tired with a headache. Not sure if it is the lack of food or no coffee. I miss coffee the most. I look forward to my evening meals. I find myself running home to cook. My daughter decided to do this with me we cook together and it is great for our mother/daughter relationship. What is the name of the Protein Shakes you found with 30 grams of Protein? . Let's keep in touch. I hope to see you in TJ!

Thanks all for you help. I am not sure why the pharmacist made a big deal on what kind of laxative I needed.

Well only 1 week to go. i am nervous and excited as well. Can anyone tell me how did they feel after the surgery? Was anyone nauseated? Janese, the coordinator, says some patients go shopping in about 2 days post-op. I sure hope I am one of them that can do that. My pain tolerance is zero to none. Again thanks all for your feedback.

I'm with Dr. Lopez as well, on August 9th, anxious,but heading in a right direction