Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't started my work yet

Tomorrow makes 1 week since surgery. I've lost 12 lbs, but I don't feel like I did anything. Yes, I walk everyday, and I stick to my diet as per my surgeon during this healing process. Still, I don't feel like I've begun to really do what is necessary. Maybe in the coming weeks. However, I still rewarded myself to start a non-food reward habit, and purchased my first pair of flip-flops :D

Have you ever felt this way? What are some of your non-food rewards?

You ate healthy and exercised--- that is doing stuff!! Lol keep it up!

Congratulations!

I have a list of non food rewards and I love it!... They include a bicycle (I never learned to ride, don't laugh), Sigma makeup brushes, a mini vacation, and I'm working on making up a couple smaller ones. :)

Or I should say, drank not ate.

Congratulations!

I have a list of non food rewards and I love it!... They include a bicycle (I never learned to ride, don't laugh), Sigma makeup brushes, a mini vacation, and I'm working on making up a couple smaller ones. :)

i definitely meant to say fit flops lol...cuz if i have never had flip flops at 27, something is wrong lol

i suppose you are right. that is work. cuz after those walks, i am like "wheeeeew"

now this is a serious question. i find it interesting that you never learned to ride. soooo how will you learn? there are no training wheels for adults, or are there? cuz those are the best thing ever. you have a good list, i need to come up with one as well :)

I never learned to ride a bike (without training wheels) -- i blame this on my best friend- his backyard backed into mine, so we never had an excuse to leave the yard! lol...My husband will be teaching me. I'm thinking it may be easier to learn as an adult?? We'll see!

i definitely meant to say fit flops lol...cuz if i have never had flip flops at 27, something is wrong lol

i suppose you are right. that is work. cuz after those walks, i am like "wheeeeew"

now this is a serious question. i find it interesting that you never learned to ride. soooo how will you learn? there are no training wheels for adults, or are there? cuz those are the best thing ever. you have a good list, i need to come up with one as well :)

I was just gunna say "You poor thing. Never had a pair of flip flops".

I never learned to ride a bike (without training wheels) -- i blame this on my best friend- his backyard backed into mine, so we never had an excuse to leave the yard! lol...My husband will be teaching me. I'm thinking it may be easier to learn as an adult?? We'll see!

I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was an adult. I don't know if it was easier because I was an adult but it wasn't as terrifying as I thought. One of my mini goals is to buy myself a new bike. :)

~Kat

Tomorrow makes 1 week since surgery. I've lost 12 lbs, but I don't feel like I did anything. Yes, I walk everyday, and I stick to my diet as per my surgeon during this healing process. Still, I don't feel like I've begun to really do what is necessary. Maybe in the coming weeks. However, I still rewarded myself to start a non-food reward habit, and purchased my first pair of flip-flops :D

Have you ever felt this way? What are some of your non-food rewards?

Congratulations!

Nice smile you have done work. You have done everything that you were supposed to do post surgery for the 1st week and that is great. Keep up the good work.

MrsRRn. I have a bike which I bought a few years back after not riding for 40 years. After riding I switched to a road bike and then made the switch to clipless pedals, which requires an acclimation period. I hope you find it enjoyable. I am not sure where you live, but check for trails near you. It is safer when you are just learning to ride to use trails instead of public streets. I always wear a helmet also.

I was just gunna say "You poor thing. Never had a pair of flip flops".

bwaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa :lol::D

Nice smile you have done work. You have done everything that you were supposed to do post surgery for the 1st week and that is great. Keep up the good work.

MrsRRn. I have a bike which I bought a few years back after not riding for 40 years. After riding I switched to a road bike and then made the switch to clipless pedals, which requires an acclimation period. I hope you find it enjoyable. I am not sure where you live, but check for trails near you. It is safer when you are just learning to ride to use trails instead of public streets. I always wear a helmet also.

thank u