Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Definitely not a piece of cake- 1 month post-op

Are you tracking what you eat and drink with my fitness pal? It seems to me that you might be getting in more than you think. If you aren't i would recommend downloading the free app and doing it. Its the best thing i have done to really know where i stand. Guessing or going on memory will not work. Could be that you're better off than you think. Best of luck.

I agree... you might be under-counting your Protein...

Dehydration makes me feel crappy, so I have no problems remembering to drink!!!

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. It's great to hear that i'm not the only one (even though I know no one has a simple time with the life changes). I have downloaded the fitness pal, and will use is. There is no smoothie king around here (nj) so I am going to look into the tasteless Protein power. Anyone tried this? Wondering if it thickens juices or not. I really appreciate you all!!!

Lordy, I don't want to lose my hair!! I'm already blessed with thin hair and I can't spare not even one! I know I'm only five days post op, but I am having a horrible time drinking fluids. I am NOT hungry nor thirsty. I'm black and blue on my belly and that is my biggest problem! Anyone know what to do about that? This monring it woke me with itching on the bruising...go figure. I've only lost about 4 lbs and I'm someone down about that. I've not eaten MORE than I should, I've eaten less. But how do you force feed a 62 year old grandmaw?I can't wait until I can try some pureed items to kinda spice this up some. Is there something besides Biotin to take to keep my hair. I've been on biotin for over 4 months pre op. Thank you all for comments and I wish you a blessed day! :)

Don't worry about the emotions - we women get e added bonus of extra hormones during the weight loss' date='so you are dealing with that too![/quote']

I agree! I am 6 weeks out and my Emotions have to be the biggest struggle for me! I worry about everything! And cry and get angry at the drop of a hat. Every once in a while we are gonna slip. But you are here trying to correct it. That's what matters. :)

No need to beat ourselves up for mistakes. I know I've done that all the time before my surgery. Now I am learning to forgive myself and correct my mistakes.

Good luck! Don't worry! Think positive!

Lordy' date=' I don't want to lose my hair!! I'm already blessed with thin hair and I can't spare not even one! I know I'm only five days post op, but I am having a horrible time drinking fluids. I am NOT hungry nor thirsty. I'm black and blue on my belly and that is my biggest problem! Anyone know what to do about that? This monring it woke me with itching on the bruising...go figure. I've only lost about 4 lbs and I'm someone down about that. I've not eaten MORE than I should, I've eaten less. But how do you force feed a 62 year old grandmaw?I can't wait until I can try some pureed items to kinda spice this up some. Is there something besides Biotin to take to keep my hair. I've been on Biotin for over 4 months pre op. Thank you all for comments and I wish you a blessed day! :)[/quote']

I have black and blue bruises, as well...only two, but they are sore! I think they are from the way I am getting up and moving around...pulling in certain areas. They are starting to go away. I am 11 days post op.

I feel the exact same way! I hate hate the Protein shakes. Trying to get the Water in and not coming close. I feel like I'm almost 4 weeks out and I'm failing already. This is a big big adjustment and I think it's going to take is time to get used to out new bodies.

Just know you are not alone. Promise.

I am in the same boat. I HATE Protein drinks. I have been eating Protein Bars with 20g of Protein but 16 carbs as his was the lowest I could find. What are you doing for protein? I just ant stand that powdered milk taste. It makes me gag!

I am so sorry to hear that you've been struggling recently, I think you've definitely done the right thing by posting on here for help. Most of us, me especially, wouldn't have been able to power though the first challenging weeks post op if it weren't for the amazing men and women on this site! As for the "judgement".... some may judge but, honestly, most of us have been exactly where you are right now and know that love and support makes much more of a difference than self righteousness and judgement.

Great move downloading my fitness pal! It helped me turn eating into a little game, when I was struggling to get in all my protein!

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Protein powder has made a hue difference for me! I mix it with Lucerne nonfat Protein Plus milk, for a protein packed mid morning drink. 8 oz of the milk had 12g of protein , so even drinking it alone can help you hit daily protein goals.

Protein Shots are gross, most of them anyway..... BUT if I find myself falling behind in protein, it's worth it to drink one and be grossed out for 30 seconds. I bought a bunch made by Sunkist, the grape is the least disgusting in my opinion, and they have 40g of protein per shot!

I turned drinking Water into a game too.... I was really having trouble getting my oz in because I have a ton of restriction and fill up quickly, so I make sure to drink 2oz from my water bottle every 30 minutes. That way it's more manageable to keep up.

Oh! One more thing :) Egg white omelets made with the protein plus milk are pretty great! I add low fat cheese for a protein heavy Breakfast that's light on the belly.

Keep up the good work, we're all cheering for you!

Did somebody say CAKE!!! I like cake.. ok so you don't get all your Protein in everyday, don't let that get you all upset.. shake it off try again the next day you'll get it.. And just a tip everyone has some hairloss despite eating all the protein they require.. Stay hydrated and work on getting your protein in first you'll be ok..

I am preop but scared of losing hair, women on both sides of my family are super thin. I found this liquid supplement I'm going to stock up on and thought of post the link here for you ladies who might be having trouble finding liquid Vitamins.

http://www.sibubeauty.com/revitalize_and_renew.php

Hope all the posts here (including mine) can help you feel better and de-stress.