Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date is October 9; I can't wait.

I'm sorry they are messing with your meds. I assume it has something to do with the surgery? I am on abilify and lamictal and clonazepam. I hope whatever they switch you to works well for you. If not you get up their behinds about getting it right :)

I am on the same meds as you along with lithium and pristiq. I cannot go off my meds. Did you have to for your surgery? Do you have to crush your medicine now? Thanks!

October 4 is my surgery date! I have completed:

Psychological exam

Labs

EKG

Letter of approval from primary physician

Hemotologist consult

Upper GI

Chest X-ray

Stomach ultrasound

Dietician consult

Remaining

Endoscopy - Monday

sleep study - Wednesday

2nd dietician consult - Wednesday

Last dietician consult - September

Pre op- September

October 4 is my surgery date! I have completed:

Psychological exam

Labs

EKG

Letter of approval from primary physician

Hemotologist consult

Upper GI

Chest X-ray

Stomach ultrasound

Dietician consult

Remaining

Endoscopy - Monday

sleep study - Wednesday

2nd dietician consult - Wednesday

Last dietician consult - September

Pre op- September

Are you going through insurance? How did you get approved before all the required testing?

I am jus getting started on my life changing journey...I went to an information seminar & met with surgeon....I am having my other 3 appts this week....hoping everything goes well so tht my surgery can be scheduled end of September beginning of October.....good luck everyone....

Good luck everybody with your surgery - I don't have a set date yet but hoping to get one in early September. Let me know how the pre-op diet goes :-)

45 days till my surgery and I already have my bag packed! Lol I'm obviously excited

I am in the very early stages of the procedure (pyche eval done and first nutrition class on Tuesday) - I am excited about the possibility of getting my life back but also a little scared of the unknown. I have fought this weight all of my life and I am so tired of the fight - please tell me it is all worth it?

I understand my surgery is 10/23 I am very happy but nervous so I try not to think about it too much. With the help of my husband and friends and number one supporter God I will be just fine and so will you. Have you been working out? I have lost 10lbs on my own yay!!!! So hope to here from you

I am scheduled for October 7th pending my medical review. I am being sleeved in Mexico. I am having a panic attack as I type :o)

}}i{{ Sent from my iPhone using VST }}i{{

I understand my surgery is 10/23 I am very happy but nervous so I try not to think about it too much. With the help of my husband and friends and number one supporter God I will be just fine and so will you. Have you been working out? I have lost 10lbs on my own yay!!!! So hope to here from you

That was the date I originally had, until I got moved to October 2nd, good luck!

Not sure if I will make my October goal now or not. It is still possible. I have had my psych evaluation and my nutritional consultation. Both decided I knew what I was doing and do not require further visits. It was decided I needed a pulmonary evaluation because I have had two pulmonary embolism, the last being in May. I am not really worried about it because I know my lungs are fine. But I was unable to schedule in with the doctor until 9/9 for the consultation, and any tests would be after. That is four weeks of nothing. I have been able to do everything else that has been required in a short amount of time. This is going to put the brakes on it. Once those tests are complete my paperwork will be submitted to insurance for approval. Once approved my EGD will be scheduled and a surgery date given. So it is still possible to have surgery in October, depending on how quickly insurance responds and what my surgeons schedule is like. I would do it tomorrow if I could. I am ready for this change.

I'm planning on early October in Mexico. Just waiting for DH to verify his schedule so I can schedule.

I know what you mean about having to breaks on everything, that happened to me! I was doing good keeping my appointments close together then I started getting the bills...lol. so I had to wait for my taxes to come in to finish the rest, and of course they didn't come till last month!! so I went from end of Feb till last month with NOTHING! such a waste! but im back in the game and doing my last two things needed this next week. I have to attend a surgical weight loss support group and do my phsyc eval. then I am done!! so I am hoping for an October or November surgery...if UHC approves me!!

I am scheduled for October 7th pending my medical review. I am being sleeved in Mexico. I am having a panic attack as I type :o)

}}i{{ Sent from my iPhone using VST }}i{{

Hi I am scheduled for 10/7/2013 as well! I will be having mines in Memphis, Tn. I have everything complete to go except Class 2 of my nutrition class. I was able to pick my date in which I could have it much sooner but this works out for me since my son will be on fall break and its the biggest of my worry to make sure he is taken care of and my husband is also off that day. I will start stocking up on my Protein shakes and bars next month and get my foods for my 2 week liver shrink diet together. I am very excited I have had this weight on me for 7 yrs so its time to go!

Ejs sorry for the delay. I received my date prior to insurance approval. I should have all my requirements met by 1 Sept. I have Blue Cross Blue Sheld Federal and the Dr has dealt with them often so they are used to working through the process and obtaining it rather quickly.