Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in the very early stages of the procedure (pyche eval done and first nutrition class on Tuesday) - I am excited about the possibility of getting my life back but also a little scared of the unknown. I have fought this weight all of my life and I am so tired of the fight - please tell me it is all worth it?

October 23rd here! It'll be worth it, just go look at the before and after pictures here!

I am probably October. Don't have a date but should be late September or October.

Just scheduled today...Oct. 17th is the day! Nervous and excited, but happy I found this site, as I know it will really help me through this journey!

I am shooting for Oct as well. I had psych eval done, have pulmo, gastro and cardiology appts in august and I finish my 3 month supv diet end of Sept. so i am hoping Cigna will approve fast and get me in for October!

Im thinking i will be on october too. i dont have a date yet, im still working my way through my checklist. I have the 6 month requirement and my final weigh in wont be until Sept 21st. Im excited and anxious

I am just at the start of my journey too. I don't have any schedule, but I am hoping to have surgery sometime in October. My birthday is that month and it would be great to say I started my new life the same month I Celebrate coming into this world! I am doing everything I can to knock this all out and get there. I truly feel this is what I need to get back a life where I can really live!

Thats awesome, Roo. Have you picked a surgeon? How far in this Journey are you?? I still have 1 3/4 months left on supv weight loss program and in 2 wks will have seen the pulmo and gastro docs. I have already had the psych eval, now I am using an egg timer on my Ipad to control my chewing and bites and documenting everything into MFP. Its more work than I anticipated, but will be so worth it!

I have picked my doctor, he was actually a referral from my GP. I have an appointment with him next Tuesday. My GP is on board so getting his letter of recommendation should be no problem. He said I would probably need clearance from doctors who treated me in the hospital my last DVT. I have already received one from the vascular surgeon and I see my hematologist Tuesday also, so I will get his clearance at that time. I have read someplace that some doctors prefer you have your annual pap test/ mammograms up to date to, so I have my gyno appointment on Monday. I still have to schedule the psych evaluation and with the NUT. ( Dr. Bruce's office will schedule NUT) His office requires a personal letter of why you want the surgery, which I have already written. My insurance does not require any specified time frame of supervised diet or nutritional counseling, so it will be whatever Dr. Bruce requires. Far as I can tell I am moving along as well as I can, getting everything I can accomplished as soon as I possibly can. In addition I decided to put myself on a pre op/post op diet. Basically I am changing my eating patterns now. I am trying to eat a high Protein, low fat & calorie diet with very limited carbs. Sort of what we have to do after surgery. While the quantity will be more now, at least I can start getting used to eating this way. Like you, I am trying to make adjustments now. It will be far easier down the road to work into things rather than expecting to change every habit we have lived with for ever in a matter of days/weeks. Also, any weight loss now will help before surgery. I know my doctor does the ten day pre op liquid diet, so cutting back now will help for that too. At least I won't be going "cold turkey" from full foods to liquid! ..LOL

I was sleeved 10/18/2012 BEST decision ever!! Stay focused group:-) here's some before and afters sw: 301 cw: 188

post-38119-13813668407623_thumb.jpg

I was sleeved 10/18/2013 BEST decision ever!! Stay focused group:-) here's some before and afters sw: 301 cw: 188

You're from the future??? Cool!

I just got my date - October 28!! So excited, but lots to do before then :)

You're from the future??? Cool!

Duh moment!! I edited thanks lol!!

Sounds like we are all on about the same timeline. I had my first nutritional class the other day, weighed, measured, etc. Have my appointment with the surgeon on September 5th. They did tell me that since I am a Wells Fargo employee those approvals go through pretty quickly so I am very hopeful but at the same time scared - what if I can't do this? I have failed at every other attempt to lose weight. I'm also concerned about the emotional roller coaster I will be on especially since I am bi-polar. I am having difficulty trying to figure out how/what to eat. My work day starts with arrival at the office by 5:00 a.m. and it's non-stop from there. Rarely do I ever leave me desk so going to lunch is out of the question - it's bring something from home to eat or don't eat at all. Do you think WW meals would suffice to get my Protein, etc.? Any and all advice welcome and good luck on your journey :)

Got the news today that they have moved my consultation with the surgeon up to tomorrow (was supposed to be in September) - so excited - maybe things will happen quicker than I anticipated - so praying. Just hope I can do this - so worried about the pre/post op diet.