Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you very much. However that very same night after dinner she moved out to go live with her boyfriend for a month & then will be starting college from there' date=' so no time to do anything about it. I will never forget it though that is for sure. She has always been sneaky like that & has always played people especially her father & my mother against me to get her way so that was nothing new, just her usual selfish ways. J have tried to teach her better thwn that but she would just go farther into being selfish & rude. That is part of the reason many of her friends stop hanging iut with her bwcause she is very selfish & never cared about her friends feeling either. She will learn the hard way is all I can say. It is very sad. Even the day I came home she never once asked how I was feeling or if I was okay. Never came to the hospital to see me nor even called. Just sad is all I can say[/quote']

Well, life teaches more lessons than parents can get in so no worries. You laid the foundation and life will do the rest. My brother is the exact same way. Sometimes he gets away with his manipulation and sometimes he falls hard on his face. He is estranged from many of us. Chin up! Now is a time to be a little selfish for yourself. Heal. Quit worrying about her.

Well' date=' life teaches more lessons than parents can get in so no worries. You laid the foundation and life will do the rest. My brother is the exact same way. Sometimes he gets away with his manipulation and sometimes he falls hard on his face. He is estranged from many of us. Chin up! Now is a time to be a little selfish for yourself. Heal. Quit worrying about her.[/quote']

Thank you so much!!!!

You were not in the wrong! Your daughter was! She received all of that for your birthday and STILL went behind your back asking for MORE? I know we all have times in our lives where our kids are less than stellar. You should sit her down and let her know how disappointed you are that she could be this selfish' date=' AND to leave you out as a punishment it seems for your not wanting to do the dinner after everything else? Do what mom's do best and make her feel so guilty she never tries THAT maneuver again! Lol sorry this happened. I could see my fam not inviting me while I am on liquids. But right now I suffer the opposite. My bf cooks dinner in front of me eats in front of me and leaves it out like he is wanting me to have some. Tempting me with no regards for how I feel.[/quote']

Sorry to butt in but as a parent, you have to be a parent first and a friend second. I have heard this to many times lately that I want to be a friend first. Well I am old school everything in life is earned and if your daughter has lost your respect then tell her about it and tell her that you are not going to except this behavior and that she will have to earn your respect back and the first thing she can do is return everything and apologize to everyone, starting with you. Good luck

ok made the mistake of trying to eat some foods. I was sleeved the 24th and have lost 13 lbs since the surgery and 25 lbs since pre-op 2 weeks before. I have been having Soups and soft boiled eggs and foods like that. Tonight I decided to try some refried Beans and a small amount of fish. WOW...big mistake. I haven't ever felt pain like that. Warning kids DO NOT THIS AT HOME. So now I am sitting up and breathing careful. Back to liquids for me.

The Beans I had to thin down with milk when cooking. The Swai fish I fried stovetop in Pam. Worked for me. Sorry you had problems. I ate very little at a time, very slowly

KimberlyU sleeved 7/24/13

I got sushi last night and took it out of the rice. Yummy salmon, cream cheese and avocado. One package of a roll from publix lasted for three meals. I am struggling to get in more than 60 grams of Protein and the fluids. The fluids especially since we can't drink for so long before and after meals. Anyone else struggling with this? By the way, I was sleeved on July 17th. SW: 274 CW: 256.

ok made the mistake of trying to eat some foods. I was sleeved the 24th and have lost 13 lbs since the surgery and 25 lbs since pre-op 2 weeks before. I have been having Soups and soft boiled eggs and foods like that. Tonight I decided to try some refried Beans and a small amount of fish. WOW...big mistake. I haven't ever felt pain like that. Warning kids DO NOT THIS AT HOME. So now I am sitting up and breathing careful. Back to liquids for me.

Quite a few of my friends that have had it done had a hard time with fish at first...Always remember to try "new" things independently so you know which one does not cooperate with your stomach. Try only Beans at one meal, then try fish at another...then you will know which one NOT to return too :)

I love all the updates. I'm 2 weeks out today. I've lost 13 pounds since surgery and lost 12 pre-op. I'm at 210 now. Yeah! I'm supposed to be on full liquids for 4 weeks but I quit doing it this weekend because.... Since surgery, every time I had a Protein Shake or Protein Powder, I would get terrible stomach pain, nausea and diarrhea. When I told them at my post op visit Friday, the ARNP said, "I don't know what to tell you you just have to do it." Well, I'm 43 and have worked in health care long enough to know that when they are full of s--t, you have to take responsibility for yourself. Clearly my surgeons office does surgery and not aftercare. I did some research and I believe I'm lactose sensitive and whey sensitive now. I started soft foods and feel 100 percent better. I was getting maybe 2 or 3 hundred calories. Today I had about 1000 calories, hit my Protein goal and feel human again. I did go to GNC today and bought brown rice and soy protein. I plan to try those as well.

I am 33lbs down from 2 weeks ago. This is insane! 391 to 358

Awesome, keep up the good work. I went on my pre op diet in Feb. and lost 50 pounds by my surgery date on July 11th. I have lost 23 since that day.

Wow! Great reports. Congrats everyone.

I am 10 days post op... I am kinda sad because I want to take nice drink of Water and I really can't! The smell of bbq made me sick today although I wanted a piece if rib!!! Wth is wrong with me! I'm emotional too!!! I am on soft foods but scared to eat because of the way gas makes me feel!

I got sushi last night and took it out of the rice. Yummy salmon' date=' cream cheese and avocado. One package of a roll from publix lasted for three meals. I am struggling to get in more than 60 grams of Protein and the fluids. The fluids especially since we can't drink for so long before and after meals. Anyone else struggling with this? By the way, I was sleeved on July 17th. SW: 274 CW: 256.[/quote']

Hey we are sleeve sisters. Try power aide zero. One is 32 oz and its easy to sip.

IM one month sleeve and IM 32 pds down and I can fit in alot of clothes I had new and old that I couldn't fit a month ago ,IM so happy I can see some light now after the sleeve wow happy happy right to be able to wear these clothes again ,I can't wait to see what next month has for me ,I most likely will need all new clothes yayyyy