Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is what I recall from last week. I was sleeved on Tuesday the 16th. Hope it helps.

My experience with Dr. Kelly and Hospital Nova.

Day 1 –

Flew into San Diego and was picked up at the airport by Cecy (Dr. Kelly’s wife). She drove all of us across the border to the Hotel first. There was a mix-up somehow and scheduling and one lady was a day early. So we dropped her off at that time and that is when we met Dr. Kelly for a few moments.

We then went to Nova. I will tell you that if you are looking for the exact same environment as in the states you will be disappointed. However' date=' don’t get ahead of yourself and wait till you get inside and meet the people. We filled out paperwork and then went to a semi-private room to start with (the private rooms weren’t quite ready yet. Met with nurses and orderlies. Had blood drawn and had to answer numerous health questions. Went down for x-ray, put on the compression hose, got the IV line started. Then Dr. Kelly came in and visited with my wife and I. He really put us at ease. You will not find a more genuinely nice person in a surgeon. Then the Cardio Dr. came in and read the EKG. All of this happened really fast. Next thing I know I’m in the operating room.

I woke up still in the operating room. Surgery was completely over and I was being wheeled to a private room where my wife was waiting for me. Not much pain at the time still too out of it. As it wore off I started to get sore and feel the gas pain. About 3.5 hours after surgery I was up walking. It helps a bunch. Nurses took great care of me overnight. On call Dr. stopped by more than once.

Day 2 –

Walk, walk, walk. Best advice anyone can give you. The on call Dr. came by again and checked on me. Dr. Kelly came by a short while later. Nurses still taking great care of me. Got my ice chips and Water to sip on. Watched a lot of TV on my Ipad. Felt better every hour that went by. Took a shower and got my bandages changed. They hurt more than anything. You will lose some skin.

Day 3 –

Got up feeling great. Took a shower and got ready to leave the hospital. Went to hospital Angeles for the leak test. It is state of the art. This is where Dr. Kelly’s office is located. But it is too expensive to do the surgery at. That being said the stuff you drink is god awful! When it is done you will be glad. Dropped our luggage off and went across the street to Casa de Mole. Awesome broth! Hotel broth is free but it is worth it to get the broth at the restaurant instead. Also, the hotel popsicles are ok and free but the convenience store across the way is better. Got checked into our rooms and rested a little and then went to the “mall” to get out for a little bit. A good thing to do is let your card companies know where you are going before if you plan on using them out of the country. It will help with confusion. Went back to the hotel and set by the pool and relaxed.

Day 4 –

Decided to go sightseeing/shopping. Went to Revolution street with the other people that were in our group. Get with Jr. at the hotel he can hook you up and make sure you are safe. Went into the various shops and had broth at the famous Caesar’s Restaurant. Pretty awesome. Got wore out pretty quick but hung in there. Make sure you let Junior take you. He knows where to drop you off and all the ins and outs. Got back to the hotel and crashed. Dr. Kelly came by and signed our paperwork and visited with all of us. He brought his son with him. Had a nice visit.

Day 5 –

Return trip. Had to be downstairs to catch our ride back across the border. Our flight wasn’t until 3:20 although some were earlier. Got to tour the USS Midway which was awesome. Caught our flight and the rest is history.

FYI –

Hang on for the ride when you are with CeCy. She drives like everyone else in Tijuana. She is very sweet and on top of things.

Walk, walk, walk, walk.

Get restaurant broth when you can. It is much more satisfying. Same with popsicles get out and walk to the store.

The hotel is nice and people are very accommodating.

Get with Junior if you want to go anywhere once you are at the hotel. He is great. Go to Revolution Street and do some shopping. It is fun and you can get some cool stuff. Junior will drop you at Ray’s store. Ray is great and will take care of you.

If you have a tablet or laptop take it! Get a translator app. The Dr’s and lead nurses are bilingual. However, the regular nurses and orderlies are not.

I could tell you about the stories I heard while I was there about other Doctors and Hospitals. But, I would rather brag on Dr. Kelly and how great the treatment was while we were there. It is worth the extra money to be in a real hospital with a really great surgeon.

Thank you,

Jeremy[/quote']

Thanks for this detailed account Jeremy and congrats on being sleeved. Which hotel did you stay at?

I was at Lucerna

The gas is not that bad. It's the gas they blow your stomach up from the leak test when having surgery. At first I didn't know what it was, just pain, until I talked to the nurses. Then....you better believe the first twinge I was up. I was at Lucerna also. So very nice. Relaxed by the pool, went for walks....the staff was pleasant. Room service good....

The gas is not that bad. It's the gas they blow your stomach up from the leak test when having surgery. At first I didn't know what it was' date=' just pain, until I talked to the nurses. Then....you better believe the first twinge I was up. I was at Lucerna also. So very nice. Relaxed by the pool, went for walks....the staff was pleasant. Room service good....[/quote']

Thank You!

Just had Dr. KELLY this week at Hospital Angeles. I had an awesome experience and was so impressed with his care and treatment of me. I would recommend him to anyone in a second.

@,

Did you book your surgery directly with Dr. Kelly(or his staff) vs a Medical Tourism coordinator? Did you stay in Hospital Angeles the whole time, or did you spend some time in a local hotel? TIA!

Edited by peteyrulz

I just filled out the health form on www.drramoskelly.com and the next day Dr. Kelly called me and talked to me for an hour and answered all my questions. Then a man named Heath called me and he is the one who sends emails etc and helps you book your day and make arrangements. I stayed 2 days in Hospital Angeles which is a full service hospital in case anything happens and it was as nice if not nicer then one in the states. Then I stayed 2 nights at hotel Lucerna and Dr. Kelly visits you at hotel each day and checks on you. Everything went perfect for me. I seriously had no pain and still am in shock how smooth it went and I went by myself.

I too concur about Heath talking too much, so I decided to just email him from then on out. Dr Kelly sounded compassionate and caring during our phone call, I just know he is the best choice!

My sister and BIL went to Dr Kelly last year and had an amazing experience with their care by Dr K and his team. I can't wait to get my surgery done this Saturday!!

Excited for you....it will be wonderful!

I too concur about Heath talking too much, so I decided to just email him from then on out. Dr Kelly sounded compassionate and caring during our phone call, I just know he is the best choice!

My sister and BIL went to Dr Kelly last year and had an amazing experience with their care by Dr K and his team. I can't wait to get my surgery done this Saturday!!

Hello Fewer18, I see you are getting sleeved with Dr. Kelly, do you mind telling me what hospital or clinic you selected to get the surgery at? I ask because I am still trying to decide

I am going to Clinica San Juan - from what I've read on Dr Kelly's Facebook page it's quite nice!

Thank you for replaying Fewer13. I have been looking for anything on Clinica San Juan and was not finding much. I wonder if I have the correct facebook page for him as I don't see anything there either or maybe I am restricted to what I see. I did follow him and also I did like the page but I wish I can see what you are reading.

Does Dr. Kelly still operate at Hosp Angeles?

Rocky1 from what I am told he does but the cost is no longer $5900 and is now $7500

I recommend Clinica Dan Juan! My surgery went great and I'm recovering very quickly. I totally recommend Dr Ramos Kelly! He's an amazing doctor and does an excellent job!

I recommend Clinica Dan Juan! My surgery went great and I'm recovering very quickly. I totally recommend Dr Ramos Kelly! He's an amazing doctor and does an excellent job!