Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

Surgery was 9/10. I still have discomfort from the large incision. People say it's like doing too many sit ups, not for me, it's like a knife stabbing me. It's toloralbe for the time being. I was hoping to be finished taking the pain mads, Toradol, bit I think I will probably be takeing them tomorrow also. They do take the edge off. I am getting my fluids and Protein in, well, mabe a bit short on the protein but not by much. Walking does help a lot! Drinking the injury chicken Soup, not bad. Really working on not getting dehydrated, don't have the time or $ to go get hydrated at the hospital. Sipping like there is no tomorrow. Still no hungar pain, but this afternoon started to get some head hunger. Just have to keep my eye on the prize! Good luck to you all, I understand fully. Let me know if I can help at all.

One more question. on u tube a lady was talking about chili from Wendy's. Sounded sooooo good, does anyone know how to break it down so it could be an option for us? THANKS for all you all do, it is so nice to know I am not alone trying to find myself going through this a lone! Will try to hook up on the Facebook site. Good night to all, hope tomorrow is better than today!

I hate to hear that you are having that kind of pain but I'm glad to know now that I am not the only one! I was kinda worried about that but I guess everyone's pain is different. As for the Wendy's chili...I can honestly say that the way I feel right now there is no way I would even think of eating that (spices) but, I bought a Magic Bullet and I do believe it would break it down to almost a Water like liquid if you really wanted to have it!

I got sleeved on the 9th. In all honesty I feel great. A bit tender at one of the incision sites (really stings when I sneeze! Damn allergies!) But do really feel like Ive been working out my abs alot. I'm.so . Ready to go back to work! I did finally "go" with the aid of M.O.M not bad at all for me. Im actually healing quite well. Thank you God :). Im going to attempt a few miles walking today. I can typically do 5 but will shoot for 2 today just to be safe. Keep on praying and healing everyone! Oh yea...as for post op diet..not bad. I was able to get a serving of greek yogart bout 930 this morning. 10oz of premier protien shake bout 1230 & just had serving of applesauce. Have my water bottle ready to start sipping on in a bit. Takes me about 20 mins or more to do but feel really good especially in the day to run errands and all since im getting my protien started early! Good luck everyone.

I was sleeved on September 10th. Went into the hospital at 7am and weighed in at 415lbs, started preop diet at 471 lbs. I was wheeled into the OR at 9:15am. I remember transferring to the OR table and seeing a lot of busy people around me. The Anesthesiologist put on oxygen mask on me and said that he was giving pure oxygen and that is the last thing that I remember.

Next thing I know its 1:00pm and I am waking up in the recovery room and felt some discomfort but not bad. I mostly remember wanting to get up. Don't know why. Surgery time was 3 hours. They only needed to do 3 incisions. The Surgeon was very happy with the way it all went.

I got to my room at 3:30pm and went for my first walk. I did feel a little shakey but went all the way around the hallway which is 1/16th of a mile. I was told that no one had ever done that before. I guess ignorance is bliss. The next day I walked 3/4 of a mile. I guess another record. Who would've thought. The final day they required you walk 14 laps which is a mile, I walked 18 laps. Now I didn't want to disappoint :-). Hardest part was drinking Water but it is getting easier. Went home late on the 12th.

I have not needed any pain meds since getting home. Drinking is tough but getting easier. When I left the hospital I was up 20lbs at 435lbs but was 417 today. I know that I am lucky but I hope that all of you have as positive experience as I have. Good luck to all.

Just a tip....if anyone is having trouble wearing jeans go to your local Goodwill. I got one pair of Maternity jeans that do the trick and don't affect my incision sites. Worth the 5 bucks!

I got sleeved on the 9th. In all honesty I feel great. A bit tender at one of the incision sites (really stings when I sneeze! Damn allergies!) But do really feel like Ive been working out my abs alot. I'm.so . Ready to go back to work! I did finally "go" with the aid of M.O.M not bad at all for me. Im actually healing quite well. Thank you God :). Im going to attempt a few miles walking today. I can typically do 5 but will shoot for 2 today just to be safe. Keep on praying and healing everyone! Oh yea...as for post op diet..not bad. I was able to get a serving of greek yogart bout 930 this morning. 10oz of premier protien shake bout 1230 & just had serving of applesauce. Have my water bottle ready to start sipping on in a bit. Takes me about 20 mins or more to do but feel really good especially in the day to run errands and all since im getting my protien started early! Good luck everyone.

I was sleeved at the same day .. still not able to "go" ... any advice will be appreciated! Amazef with your smoth recovery!

I had my surgery early September 11--I came home Thursday and felt TERRIBLE!!! the gas bubble was so bad on my chest. I have been taking some chewable gas x that is helping tremendously. I am reading other posts and trying to figure out how people are drinking ten ounces of Protein? I cannot seem to get more than two teaspoons of anything down. My husband keeps telling me to continually sip but I just can't. I have not gotten sick cause I keep stopping when my body tells me to like the doctor said. I know I don't want to dehydrate and I am trying to keep enough Water in me but don't think I am getting enough of that either. I just finished the bottle I started on Thursday afternoon when I got home. Did anyone else have this issue? Plus EVERYTHING STINKS!!! Is that normal?

I was sleeved at the same day .. still not able to "go" ... any advice will be appreciated! Amazef with your smoth recovery!

Milk of magnesium is what I'm hearing that works. Good luck to you.

Milk of Magnesium is what my nurse suggested to take. I took 2 teaspoons Thursday at night and was able to go in the morning. Lots of gurgling but no cramping. Every body reacts differently so suggest staying close to home. I took it again last night and was able to go this morning as well. However have not gone on my own yet....still need MOM lol! Was told that's pretty normal in the beginning. Good luck!

I'm scheduled for tomorrow and after getting a few calls from family and friends begging me not to get it, I'm a bit in doubt. The females that I know that had it done have had complications years later and even died. I've already lost 12lbs in the last week and am starting to see that if I work on it I can do it I'm 254lbs today. And ob top of that I have a sinus infection right now

Getting sleeved in two days. Super excited, nervous, anxious, you name it. One of my best friends had it done over a year ago and it changed her life (for the better.) Hoping the same for me.

I'm scheduled for tomorrow and after getting a few calls from family and friends begging me not to get it, I'm a bit in doubt. The females that I know that had it done have had complications years later and even died. I've already lost 12lbs in the last week and am starting to see that if I work on it I can do it I'm 254lbs today. And ob top of that I have a sinus infection right now

What complications did they have years later? Hate to hear that. :unsure:

Hi, I responded to wanting to get on the FB page but I haven't seen a request. My email is Lynn_whalen@ibi.com. Let me know if I need to send you something else. Thank you!!!!!

I'm scheduled for tomorrow and after getting a few calls from family and friends begging me not to get it' date=' I'm a bit in doubt. The females that I know that had it done have had complications years later and even died. I've already lost 12lbs in the last week and am starting to see that if I work on it I can do it I'm 254lbs today. And ob top of that I have a sinus infection right now[/quote']

Things are a lot different now. Medicine is improving rapidly and what may have been unsuccessful one year becomes successful the next. When were there surgeries done? What type of complications did they have? Maybe it wasn't the surgery itself but, something totally unrelated. I do believe with the right doctor who has done this for many years the complications will be minimal till none. Maybe the patient missed telling the doctor something. There are variables to this. All surgery is risky but, it doesn't mean it will happen to you too. You have to be sure this is what you truly want to do and don't let others dictate your life. You want to be healthy I get that, can you keep the weight off by your own will power or cognence? Then do it on your own. How many times have you lost weight only to put it back on again? Just some questions you need to ponder about.

I was sleeved on September 10th. Went into the hospital at 7am and weighed in at 415lbs' date=' started preop diet at 471 lbs. I was wheeled into the OR at 9:15am. I remember transferring to the OR table and seeing a lot of busy people around me. The Anesthesiologist put on oxygen mask on me and said that he was giving pure oxygen and that is the last thing that I remember.

Next thing I know its 1:00pm and I am waking up in the recovery room and felt some discomfort but not bad. I mostly remember wanting to get up. Don't know why. Surgery time was 3 hours. They only needed to do 3 incisions. The Surgeon was very happy with the way it all went.

I got to my room at 3:30pm and went for my first walk. I did feel a little shakey but went all the way around the hallway which is 1/16th of a mile. I was told that no one had ever done that before. I guess ignorance is bliss. The next day I walked 3/4 of a mile. I guess another record. Who would've thought. The final day they required you walk 14 laps which is a mile, I walked 18 laps. Now I didn't want to disappoint :-). Hardest part was drinking Water but it is getting easier. Went home late on the 12th.

I have not needed any pain meds since getting home. Drinking is tough but getting easier. When I left the hospital I was up 20lbs at 435lbs but was 417 today. I know that I am lucky but I hope that all of you have as positive experience as I have. Good luck to all.[/quote']

Curious about the post surgery weight gain. What was he cause?

Curious about the post surgery weight gain. What was he cause?

I had post surgery weight gain too...think that it was the gas that they blow you up with. I came home thirteen pounds more than I left here at. But it went away quickly. 4 days post opp and I am down 17 pounds from the day after surgery. Glad that was posted I thought it was just me.