Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

Yes what's the name of the Facebook group

We're September Sleevers 2013. But, it's hard to find since it's secret.

Send me your email addresses that you used to sign up and I'll add you! :)

My surgery is Monday! I'm 6 days into liquids, tomorrow I go to Clear Liquids. My boyfriend made me very finely mashed sweet potatoes for dinner and I'm so excited! I got ice pops and juice for tomorrow.... Then up at 4:00am on Monday to be at the hospital by 6am! Surgery is at 8am. I am so excited but it's becoming very real. I had to call yesterday to find out what time I needed to be at the hospital, did all of my preop tests and visited with the doctor on Tuesday. My nerves are starting to get to me. I'm trying to just deal minute to minute. I hope everyone's doing well!

I had my surgery on the 11th and I'm not gonna lie to ya...I'm 3 days post-op and in pain, BUT, I have pain medicine, I walk (helps with pain), and I am following my surgeons instructions. However, none of that is stopping me from whinning, I'm a pain wimp! It hurts but everytime I hurt I tell myself how worth it that this surgery is. Everyday the pain has gotten less, I just wish I could poop but that's another story!!! Please don't let my comments about pain or anyone else's make you change your mind about having this surgery because I promise you once you have it and are on the mend you are going to be so happy...especially when the pounds start coming off and staying off!!! :D

Thinking of you! the pain does get better! I was two days ahead of you. I pooped today! Never thought I'd say that publically, but it was a huge deal and I lost 1.5 pounds from it! You can do this! You've got it. Hugs!

Thinking of you! the pain does get better! I was two days ahead of you. I pooped today! Never thought I'd say that publically' date=' but it was a huge deal and I lost 1.5 pounds from it! You can do this! You've got it. Hugs![/quote']

I was also the 11th and cannot wait for the pain and the gas to subside. It's hard figuring out what is what. I keep thinking about the months ahead.

I start my liquid diet tomorrow. I've been on pre-op since Monday. I'm so nervous. I can't think of anything else.

I was also the 11th and cannot wait for the pain and the gas to subside. It's hard figuring out what is what. I keep thinking about the months ahead.

I know what you mean about "figuring out what is what"...I sure hope I'm doing this right, I guess we all have to kinda learn as we go! This website sure is a big help!

Now that I am home I feel lots better. I encourage everyone to get gas x and a heating pad' date=' it really makes a big difference.

[/quote']

Thank you for the suggestion, I've got both of them.

I'm scheduled for monday at 1:00pm a little frustrated about that and let myself eat a half slice of pizza' date=' so stressed and anxious right now, wondering of I'm better off not getting it. I'm not sure what to do and I may have screwed myself eby eating that small slice and I've done so well so far[/quote']

Don't beat yourself up, just get back to where you are supposed to be and continue on.

My sleeve date was sept. 11th. Not experiencing major discomfortat all. Just wondering if the pain is on the way or if the worst for me has passed.

My surgery is Monday! I'm 6 days into liquids' date=' tomorrow I go to Clear liquids. My boyfriend made me very finely mashed sweet potatoes for dinner and I'm so excited! I got ice pops and juice for tomorrow.... Then up at 4:00am on Monday to be at the hospital by 6am! Surgery is at 8am. I am so excited but it's becoming very real. I had to call yesterday to find out what time I needed to be at the hospital, did all of my preop tests and visited with the doctor on Tuesday. My nerves are starting to get to me. I'm trying to just deal minute to minute. I hope everyone's doing well![/quote']

How are sweet potatoes liquid? I would like that on my diet!

I am September 19th! From new mexico

My surgery is Monday! Today was first day of Clear Liquids only.. That was tough bc I'm a hairstylist and since I'm going to be off for two weeks- I was SLAMMED at work and felt like I was running on E all day! But so worth it. I made it! Thanks for all y'all's encouraging words! Can't wait to start this journey!

Also, please add Me on the Facebook page

Vavrins@yahoo.com

Good luck to all those awaiting surgery this month. I had mine on 9/3 and am feeling almost back to normal. I took two weeks off work and am going back on Tuesday, even though I could have gone back after one week. I have enjoyed the extra rest.

A couple of things to expect. First, they fill your abdomen with a gas that enables them to see what they are doing better. That is what is uncomfortable when coming out of recovery. You feel pressure in your chest and hopefully they will remind you that it is normal because if you didn't know it, you would worry. It is uncomfortable.

I wasn't allowed even ice chips until after the GI to make sure there were no leaks. I thought that was very uncomfortable also. I was given mouth swabs though.

I had a tube in my nose for the first day and that was uncomfortable. It wasn't horrible getting it removed but it burned for a minute.

Getting up and sitting up seems to really help get you on the road to recovery. I had a morphine pump and frankly, I don't remember that much about the 2 day hospital stay. I had no complications which I'm very grateful for.

I went home with a drain tube and got it taken out at my first appointment which was 7 days post-op. As soon as that came out, I felt great and could move so much better without soreness.

Now, after 11 days, I'm 14 lbs down and able to drink without feeling burpie and no discomfort.

I can't say I was ever in any serious pain. There were just parts that were uncomfortable. I don't think I have any huge pain tolerance or anything. I've had two children and my gall bladder removed in my lifetime and I would say it was mildly worse than the gall bladder surgery and not as bad as a c-section. (I don't know if that helps puts anyone's mind at ease a little, but I hope it does.)

Good luck again!

My sleeve date was sept. 11th. Not experiencing major discomfortat all. Just wondering if the pain is on the way or if the worst for me has passed.

The worst has past, if your experience is like mine. :)