Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

Old self- Yes it is a typ of Protein Powder you can buy. I have tried some of the nectar ones and I really like the Oreo cookie with unsweetened chocolate almond milk.

Hi' date=' I will be sleeved on September 18th. I am really excited and scared and every other emotion that goes with it. My surgery is less than two weeks from my initial appointment with the doctor on September 5th. I really have to move fast to fill all the requirements. Night of initial appointment had to start 2 week diet. A few days later went for gallbladder tests and upper GI test, Thursday go for pre-op class and register at hospital with more bloodwork. Then the following Wednesday morning is surgery. I am from a small town in Louisiana[/quote']

Wow that's crazy fast!! My first appt was June 10th and that doesn't include the seminar I had to attend in may and I have the same date as you!! Good luck fellow 9/18!!!

I know that Crystal light counts towards our liquid. Does anyone know if skim milk/soymilk/Almond milk also counts towards our liquid requirement?

Milk counts towards your Protein and liquid requirements. It's a two for one deal! ;)

Good morning everyone ! I was sleeved yesterday, around noon, rough night but all went well I was so scared to do this. Time will tell if this was worth it

Good morning everyone ! I was sleeved yesterday' date=' around noon, rough night but all went well I was so scared to do this. Time will tell if this was worth it[/quote']

Welcome to the other side!! I think it takes time for its worth to sink in but it will be what you make of it. Glad you are okay.

I am reading everyone's threads right now and getting so excited! I have one more week until surgery. Even though some of you have had trouble - everyone made the jump to bettering themselves! I cannot wait to join you. Best of luck to everyone getting sleeved this week!

I guess I can jump in here. My surgery is on the 25th, so I have two weeks to go! I finished all my pre-op testing yesterday and started the pre-op diet today. I am mostly excited, but would be lying if I said I had zero nerves.

Congrats to all who have made it to the other side so far this month! I will be there soon!

Today Im been sleeved for a week. I cant believe how easy this has been. I was really sick for the 10 months before my surgery so I was already used to smaller meals. Of course they were still bigger then what I can do now. Where is what my doc wants me to get in every day, 2 Protein Shakes, 64oz water/sf drink, 3 1/4c meals and of course 30 min of walking. Plus 2 Flintstones, 2 Iron, and my normal pills. After the 4th day I have been able to get everything in. I have also been able to sleep on my side since day 3.

Im just amazed how my body had bounced back from a major surgery. I thank God for that.

Good luck to those who have upcoming surgeries. And for the post-op people thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us. It really makes a difference.

I guess I can jump in here. My surgery is on the 25th' date=' so I have two weeks to go! I finished all my pre-op testing yesterday and started the pre-op diet today. I am mostly excited, but would be lying if I said I had zero nerves.

Congrats to all who have made it to the other side so far this month! I will be there soon![/quote']

I'm on the 25th too. I started my diet on Monday and prior to that I lost 10 pounds by watching my portion sizes. My Doctor is Dr. Jessee at Palms of Pasadena in Tampa. Where are you at?

Today Im been sleeved for a week. I cant believe how easy this has been. I was really sick for the 10 months before my surgery so I was already used to smaller meals. Of course they were still bigger then what I can do now. Where is what my doc wants me to get in every day' date=' 2 Protein Shakes, 64oz water/sf drink, 3 1/4c meals and of course 30 min of walking. Plus 2 Flintstones, 2 Iron, and my normal pills. After the 4th day I have been able to get everything in. I have also been able to sleep on my side since day 3.

Im just amazed how my body had bounced back from a major surgery. I thank God for that.[/quote']

Great to hear your doing well...

Super nervous!! My stomach is doing cartwells.

Im praying all goes well keep us posted

Great to hear your doing well...

thats great for you