Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone not had good success?

I am looking to get my sleeve in Nov/Dec and have been researching my butt off (unfortunately not literally) but there are some before and after pics that honestly don't look that great :( I am terrified I am going to have the surgery and then not have success :( Just one more thing to ad to my failed list :/

None on this forum, just pictures I saw while researching it, from all sorts of places. Some may not of even been real. But the ones I am reffering to, the ppl have been 1-2 yr post surgery and don't look like they have lost much. And then others look like they are a totally different persona and are 1/3 the size they were before. Just not sure which one is more realistic.

Maybe you should reserch this site better I have seen some astranomical before and afters and some are just after 6 weeks!! Imagine that ! I love to look at them thats why im responding to you, as newly being sleeved they serve as amazing motivators and you can talk to them. You cant beat that! Best of luck in what you decide so far Im loving my sleeve!

None on this forum' date=' just pictures I saw while researching it, from all sorts of places. Some may not of even been real. But the ones I am reffering to, the ppl have been 1-2 yr post surgery and don't look like they have lost much. And then others look like they are a totally different persona and are 1/3 the size they were before. Just not sure which one is more realistic.[/quote']

They both are.....

This surgery is a "tool" to help you lose weight,

It is not a cure. That said, it works for some and it doesn't work for others.

I have seen people lose the weight and do pretty good several years after or regain a couple of pounds but are taking it off.

I have seen people that have only lost a small percentage of their weight after a year or so.

And also people that lose a little then gain it back again...

A tired old saying around here is that "they operate on your stomach not your mind"

But it's true..

You have to put work into it and sometimes it not easy. But it's doable if you make the changes and stick to them.

What Laura-Ven said is so true. If you want to truely succeed you will. You can't play games with your food consumption, you have to stick to the plan you get from your NUT and Doc. There are things that I can eat now that I know I'm not suppose to have so I don't eat them. I didn't have surgery and then try to defeat what I have had done. If you are serious,(and you must be or you wouldn't be having major surgery!), then you will do fine. Best of luck to you!

Honestly, I am having issues trying to find my way around this site aswell as the app. Apparently I am not as tech savy as I once thought. So I haven't seen any pics or read any journey stories yet. I am very serious about this and have researched so much. However it's so hard to know what's true and what's not. Because I am from Canada, I am choosing to go to Mexico for my surgery so I do not have to wait the 2 yrs and do their program (which I am currently still doing and it is not working for me) I have to pay out of pocket and really don't have that kind of money. But I also don't have 2 years to wait to get it covered by our provincial health services. I know how to lose weight, I know what a good diet for me is, I exercise ect.. But it isn't working. I have played competitive Roller Derby for just over a year now, that comes with very intensive practices and sown outside training. I have been calorie counting aswell as doing our provincial lighten up program and I have gained weight. My clothes for the same donuts not inches. My knees are hurting, my hips are starting, my ribs go out.... I am sooooo tires of being fat. Not to mention the 1000 other things it affects in my life :/ I can go next month for my surgery, but I want to wait until our derby season is over so I can recover and not miss much if it. I know, it sounds weird, but it a huge part of my life aswell as my families, lol