Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your biggest vice?

I swore up and down that after spending 12k out of my pocket that I wouldnt cheat, easier said than done. Im originally from Australia (now Texas) and a friend sent me a care package (before surgery) which had my favorite chicken chips in them and I had some left over after surgery. I am guilty of stealing some here and there. The only good thing is that they are very salty and make me drink more Water.< /p>

Be honest....what have you eaten that you shouldn't?

Are you talking about not following the postop diet and eating solids when one should still be sipping full liquids or are you talking about just making unhealthy choices once ones sleeve is healed?

pizza. At one point I was eating 3-4 whole pizzas a week.

At about 3 weeks PO I had about a half cup of frozen yogurt. Legit frozen yogurt that skimps on the Protein and heaps on the sugar. I tried to get the flavor with the least sugar but it probably had 20g. I felt so guilty after eating it I developed my own "fro-yo" recipe with greek yogurt. It tastes like pink berry and it fits perfectly into my meal plans.

I think it's okay to treat yourself every once in a while but I found that, for me, I have a mental list of foods that are trigger foods - once I have a taste it's hard to walk away. So I try to stay away from them for now until I am more confident I can enjoy them in moderation.

I used to freeze regular lemon yogurt years ago but it was hard and icy. What's your recipe with Greek yogurt?

I am only 10 days out. I would kill for some refried Beans, cheese, and ff sour cream. My nut said ok but the hospital nut said no. So I haven't. I am looking forward to Monday when I can have meat and cheese. If I can tolerate it!

I would go with the Drs opinion over the NUT. I will be on liquids for 19 more days but when i get there i will start with refied besns and cheese..

I would go with the Drs opinion over the NUT. I will be on liquids for 19 more days but when i get there i will start with refied besns and cheese..

Interesting that my surgeon defers to my NUT when I ask anything about diet. They don't always agree, but he basically says, 'Go by whatever she tells you.'

.what have you eaten that you shouldn't?

karen

well............whats done is done

can't chanage the past :(

you just had surgery???

few weeks out???

are you at the point where you are allowed some type of solids???

if you shouldn't be eating any solids

please stop now :wacko:

no offense intended :rolleyes:

if you are allowed solids - please stop now ^_^

you just had major surgery

tummy needs time to rest and recuperate :)

i know you will try not to do this again, right

i can see B) you are determined to lose your extra weight :)

sounds like you only had a "teeny bit" but, knock it off :lol: :lol:

say with me "I won't do this again" "i won't do this again" ;)

eventually you will be able to have chips et al if you REALLY want to - but remember everything is in moderation

having paid $12,000.00 for WLS - hopefully that will give you motivation to stay on program

good luck bud

kathy

.what have you eaten that you shouldn't?

karen

my vice are Protein bars

sure they are good for you full of protein

but..........way too many carbs

and i eat them like they were candy bars :angry:

others also mention that eating Protein Bars is an addiction like have heroin :angry:

i have way too many

so i stopped buying them :(

that actually is a big NSV for me ^_^

there i said it!!!!

ahhhhh i feel so much better now :P

hands out of the cookie jar!! ;)

good luck

i can see B) you will do much better in your future

good luck

kathy

Doritos!!!! Omg! I eat like 3 -5 chips a day! My husband keeps them in the house and I can't stay away! That's my current goal. To stay away from those little devils!

I swore up and down that after spending 12k out of my pocket that I wouldnt cheat, easier said than done. Im originally from Australia (now Texas) and a friend sent me a care package (before surgery) which had my favorite chicken chips in them and I had some left over after surgery. I am guilty of stealing some here and there. The only good thing is that they are very salty and make me drink more Water.

Be honest....what have you eaten that you shouldn't?

One of my fav meals is (Chinese) Orange chicken with Steamed Brown Rice.

I enjoy eating the little skinny W.W. cakes. I have the Red Velvet right now.

I've had Buffalo Wild Wing Chicken Wings & enjoyed them.

These are a few things that are not on the "Healthy" list necessarily, but I enjoy them in moderation. Correction: Brown Rice is a healthy Carb. You know what I'm saying, though, LOL.

pizza. At one point I was eating 3-4 whole pizzas a week.

I clicked "like" on this, because I too like to eat pizza!

Oh yeah, that's another one added to my list. I've eat pizza prob three times since my sleeve has "healed". I had no issues either, but it def didn't have the same Orgasmic, lol, affect that it used to.

Ok, well I apprexiate your honesty, noe I dont feel so bad. As for "blended foods" which I started doing for a few days at two weeks post op, I threw up EVERYTIME. I cant blend fish ,-(or should I say drink fish) or chicken. It was disgusting. I couldnt do baby food. So I started taking tiny bites and "blending" it in my mouth myself. Then I was able to swallow and keep it down. I was very careful. Im not supposed to be at that phase "the mechanical" ,phase until the 27th. But i cant drink food especially hot, and when I do I throw up. The other way is working fine. I couldn't figure out any other solution to get my Protein in (which Im still no where near required) if all I was going to do was puke up everything!