Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your biggest vice?

I was never able to do pureed foods. yuck. I just chewed very well and went about my day. No issues. To this day I have never thrown up. Thank goodness.

I clicked "like" on this' date=' because I too like to eat pizza!

Oh yeah, that's another one added to my list. I've eat pizza prob three times since my sleeve has "healed". I had no issues either, but it def didn't have the same Orgasmic, lol, affect that it used to.[/quote']

Omg im only 10 days out and I have been craving pizza like nobody's business! At this point I'd b satisfied if I could just lick a slice! :-b Lol its not like im hungry I just want to taste it REALLY BAD!! U think I could puree it? Lol

Before surgery it was definitely pizza. pizza every day. I'd eat it cold, hot, whatever. But I had never made my own. Since surgery I haven't even attempted normal pizza because I'm sure the experience won't be the same. I know I couldn't have more than a few bites and it wouldn't be the same. I'd just be mad about blowing my diet for the day on nothing but a few bites. I don't want to ruin my pizza memories so I'll leave them in the past. However, I do eat the easy individual pizza recipe from this site once or twice a week and it absolutely satisfies the craving. Better yet, since I put it together myself it's easy to throw veggie after veggie on and feel good about it while not blowing my counts.

Since surgery my vice is Fat Free Reddi Whip. It makes me feel like I'm eating ice cream at only 5 calories for two tablespoons. But a can only lasts me two days, which is definitely vice territory.

I am almost a month out and have been in line with instructions. I have to confess though, the smell of popcorn is driving me insane ..... it triggers hunger - phantom or otherwise. I do like the FF Cool Whip or Reddi Whip but try to keep that usage down. I think I am tiring of the sweet and now really missing the carbs and butter...... and yes, pizza... loved it. New life, new tummy .....I made this commitment and I am going to do it! You will too. Tell your husband to take those chips to work. Getting tempting foods out of the house does help.

Doritos and all tortilla chips. I can't have any wheat (gluten is ok from other sources or from maltodextrin, but no actual wheat) so these are one of the few grain Snacks I can have. Today I ate 1/2 of a single serve bag and used the chips to scoop my 1/2 cup cottage cheese. I can only have them when I'm not doing ultra low carb so I enjoy then when I can.. as long as I'm meeting my protein/calorie/nutrient goals, I'm ok with 70 calories worth of Doritos.... I don't save the other half of the bag however.. cuz I'm not to be trusted.. I measure out half of the bag and throw the other half out. Wasteful? yeah, but better that than eating them all!

DORITOS......aarrgh! Those delicious little cheesy tortilla chips are my weakness! I just try to keep away, because once i have one in my grip...dear lord i need help to stop. Of course i can only eat so much bc of stomach but, jeez they are totally addicting.

Wrethers caramel hard candies are my addiction during that time of the month.

I am 11mths out and my issues are crunchy foods

I can relate to that. Try Kim's Magic Pop or Deli Pop. Very low cal.

My big vice these days is Triscuits drizzled with a little olive oil. Of course, the drizzling is the killer... Need to portion correctly and accurately. But they give me some carbs and crunch.

Butter. Real butter. To me, bread is just a delivery system for butter. I don't crave the bread. I am finding a craving for butter. Again, a Portion Control issue.

I was never able to do pureed foods. yuck. I just chewed very well and went about my day. No issues. To this day I have never thrown up. Thank goodness.

My doctor skips the whole puréed phase. You go from two week full liquids to soft foods.

Ok, well I apprexiate your honesty, noe I dont feel so bad. As for "blended foods" which I started doing for a few days at two weeks post op, I threw up EVERYTIME. I cant blend fish ,-(or should I say drink fish) or chicken. It was disgusting. I couldnt do baby food. So I started taking tiny bites and "blending" it in my mouth myself. Then I was able to swallow and keep it down. I was very careful. Im not supposed to be at that phase "the mechanical" ,phase until the 27th. But i cant drink food especially hot, and when I do I throw up. The other way is working fine. I couldn't figure out any other solution to get my Protein in (which Im still no where near required) if all I was going to do was puke up everything!

I am the same way! Thank god im not the only one! I never got sick but i could never get it to taste right and it always sat in my tummy making it feel heavy. My wife is the cook so she has been making the meats in the crock pot or oven and and fish. The fish is already soft and the meats come out very tender so i eat little pieces at a time and chew diligantly. I have yet to have a problem. As a side i do soft veggies. Peas and carrots are 2 good examples. I use a rotisserie chicken and shred it into small pieces and use Omega balance which is like some kind of healthy mayo to make chicken salad and tuna salad. 1 can of tuna has 24 g of protein and its only about 4.5 ounces. I make a few meals out of it for one day and that helps keep my protein up. Blending foods is just gross and should be illiegal.

Right now i guess my troubles are cakes and cupcakes and when my wife wants to order out. There ia nothing healthy on a take put menu. So far i have been good i order Soup or try to make sonething at home. I havent had any sweets yet i made so sugar free pudding with slne proteing in it and it was ok. The sugar free Jello is actually yummy buy i feel its a waste since there is no Protein in it. I have been behaving tho. I hope i can keep this up.

My surgeon stated in the seminar that he doesn't believe in a clear liquid diet pre op; so the diet will be a full liquid diet pre op for 7 days.

I swore up and down that after spending 12k out of my pocket that I wouldnt cheat, easier said than done. Im originally from Australia (now Texas) and a friend sent me a care package (before surgery) which had my favorite chicken chips in them and I had some left over after surgery. I am guilty of stealing some here and there. The only good thing is that they are very salty and make me drink more Water. Be honest....what have you eaten that you shouldn't?

I'm from Aus living in Singapore and Now I can't stop thinking about real chicken chips ahhhhh

Well now I want to try chicken chips(&know what they are). My vices: the 3 C's.

cheese

chocolate

Carbs

I eat cheese at almost every meal. I think I'm killing my gallbladder with it & the cholesterol concerns me. I can't say no to chocolate. I'm offered it all the time. Carbs? Crispy chips. candy. Pasta. I'm in maintenance & trying to moderate my eating.