Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering how everyone is doing after 3 weeks? Feeling pretty good most times, still wondering how it will all play out. Have not found it easy! How's your intake, pain, weight loss, energy level?

Hi my date was 6/26. I went back to work yesterday. I probably overdid it a bit after being gone for nearly 3 weeks. This morning was hard to get going at 5am. I don't have any real pain just tenderness and a little bit of indigestion. It was hard getting all my Water and Protein in at work and this morning was the first day the scale did not go down...so far I have lost 20 lbs. (not counting losing the 8 lbs I gained the fluids in the hospital) I had anxieties the first week but those seem to have passed. I am just trying to continuing eating, drinking, moving and resting...not skipping any of the steps :)

Hello,

My surgery date was June 26th. I went to my 1st post op follow up with my doctor today. I had not weighed myself during these 3 weeks so I had no idea what my weight loss was. To my surprise, I have lost a total of 33 lbs since starting my journey and 17lbs post op. My doctor transitioned me to mush/soft foods today(thank goodness). It is funny, for as much as I was tired of liquids, I am a bit overwhelmed now, having more options. I stuck to cream of wheat for Breakfast and had a late lunch(1 scrambled egg-heaven!).

Physically, still sore and struggling to get fluids in. I have not returned to work yet(taking full 6 weeks), as I feel a need to heal completely and need to get with therapist regarding this head hunger/emotional eating thing I am dealing with. Work is so hectic for me, I want to take this time to get my mind and body "right".

I am so overwhelmed about having lost 33 lbs, and can't believe it. I have never lost more than 15 lbs that I can recall. Funny, for as much as I was over the liquids, I thought today that I would just stick to liquids to keep the weight loss going(NOT!). Reminded myself that the catch to weight loss is eating the appropriate number of calories and moving my body. I am curious how things will progress as I am introducing food back into my life.

Just wondering how everyone is doing after 3 weeks? Feeling pretty good most times, still wondering how it will all play out. Have not found it easy! How's your intake, pain, weight loss, energy level?

I was 6/25 and I am in the slow loser club but at least it is coming off. Lost 9 pounds since surgery. I had the dreaded week three stall. Transitioned from liquids to soft solids today. Yum! Yogurt and lunch meat and Beans were all yummy. Pain is still present in my left side but tolerable with twice a day Tylenol. Today I was really tired but I had been feeling pretty good. So far so good on this wonderful journey :)

Artymama how has your pain and intake gone?

I have a little soreness on my left side, but have not taken pain meds since day 2. I have been pretty good getting in my fluids and shakes , but ate scrambled eggs yesterday that sat like a brick in my tummy. I felt off all yesterday. Today was back on track and I kept to creamed Soups and shakes . NUT told me to take it slow today after yesterday. I will try mushy food tomorrow again. I have lost 25 since surgery and lost 45 during pre op (6 months). Mind is still reeling from the tremendous lifestyle change.

Just wondering how everyone is doing after 3 weeks? Feeling pretty good most times' date=' still wondering how it will all play out. Have not found it easy! How's your intake, pain, weight loss, energy level?[/quote']

Hey my sister sleever, today was my first day eating reg food beind our 3weeks (6/25) I hv no pain , energy level is ok and loss 13lbs the first week and hvnt check my weight since. I will start my exercises tomorrow. Lets Go Weight Loss.

I was sleeves 6/24. I went back to work 7/1. Still struggling with how to eat or what to eat. I'm getting better at getting fluids in. I've lost right at 30lbs. No pre op diet.

Im a 6/20 sleever and including the pre op I have only lost 14lbs :( Excercise is difficult for me because I have two rods and 37 screws in my spine from scoliosis surgery in Nov 2008, (which is why I gained so much weight). My SW was 203 (Im only 4'11) and Im only down to 189. Im discouraged and miserable and scared this wont work for me. I hope it gets better. I know I need to drink more fluids. I eat lots of fish, salmon and talapia. Do t have a sweet tooth thank god!

I was sleeved 6/26, and am down 18 pounds from surgery date, (that does not include the 11 pounds Water weight I gained in the hospital and lost shortly thereafter). Lost 8 pounds on pre op diet, so total down 26 pounds!! I have done very well overall, and am feeling better already. I took the full 6 weeks off just to focus on me and my new lifestyle. I attended my first support group tonight, not what I expected so I plan to attend one at a different hospital on Thursday night. I will have my first follow up with my surgeon on Friday and should get the ok to swim and workout more than just walking and stationary bike. Good luck to everyone!!!

I'm a 6/24 sleever. I just posted a three-week update on the Band to Sleeve Forum.

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on 6/25 and I am feeling great. I have lost 24 lbs to date and it is coming off nicely. I was walking at the gym on the 3rd day being home from the hospital. I did get an abscess infection in my belly button but it was drained and I was put on antibiotics which cleared it right up. My clothes are fitting looser, I have lost 6" off my waist, and I am feeling like I was given a 2nd chance at life. I am eating anything soft that I can tolerate with Protein filled meat in mind first like chicken, salmon, crab, tuna, and other fish, and I am drinking a Protein Shake for Breakfast and as a snack in the evening. Finally getting used to the Protein Shakes which have been hard to tolerate. Drinking my Water and taking my Vitamins morning and night. The worst part for me has been heartburn which has been awful. I never really had it before surgery but I sure have it bad now. Aside from that I am so happy to be shrinking away! :)

I was sleeved on 6/19. With the one week pre op diet I'm down 40 pounds. Going smoothly. But for the people who are losing slowly dont panic, just follow dr orders and the weight will come off.

I, too, was sleeved on 6/26 and have had minimal pain since urgery but have struggled to get in as much liquids and Protein as I'm supposed too. I force myself to choke down the Protein Drinks which are awful, but ironically the worst part to me has been stomaching the vitamins! My surgeon has us take 1 prilosec and 2 calcium citrate pills in the morning, a massive horse pill Multivitamin at lunch, and 2 additional Calcium citrate at night. This isn't including the antidepressants that I've been on for years. Each of these pills are typically supposed to be taken after a meal, so I get nauseous after taking each pill because I never have a "meal" in my tummy before taking them. I've been on soft foods since day 8 and will transition back to regular foods on day 28 (counting down the days!!) so far, I've lost 22 lbs since day of surgery which is more successful than anything I've ever tried throughout my life. Any others having issues with Vitamins or getting their liquids/proteins in? I go back to work next Monday so I'm hoping I can get this all figured out by then lol

I was sleeved june 27th. I am down 32lbs. I didn't have any pain at all a little discomfort getting used to how my new stomach worked. I am sure everyone has gone through the miserable week 1 phobias lol I know I was second guessing everything I freaked out with the why did I do this it was hard cooking for my 3 kids because it made me want to eat. I even went as far as licking a chip lol but I am 3 weeks out and feeling much better about my decisions. My diet is much different from most of yours. I was all liquid for 14th days now I am pureed for 2 weeks then soft/mushy for 3 weeks then transition to "normal" foods around the 8th-9th week. I to have the pain on the left and it is due to an anchor stitch I was told it dissolves by the 4th weekish. And as far as Protein and fluids I have the whey Protein Powder and 1 scoop is 30g of protein so I have 1 Protein Shake for breakfast and make sure I have 2 yoplait yogurts that are 15g each that's how I get my 60g and the fluids I just drink like a mad woman as much as I can. excited to watch us all shrink on our journeys back to life!

I was sleeved on 6/25. My internal stitch popped yesterday, and since then my abdominal pain has gotten better. I'm a wimp though, so it still bothers me when I get up or down. I had a rough time in the evening and day following surgery, but I have steadily improved since then.

Today, 7/17, I get to finally start soft foods and I am super happy about that. The last 10 days or so of my strict liquid diet (no lumps, bumps, jell-o, pudding, yogurt, etc) has been difficult, but I did it.

I've lost 28 pounds total since the 2 week pre-op diet and I am very pleased with that. I'm hoping I can get enough Protein in with soft foods to ditch the Protein shakes, but we'll see. My energy level is still pretty low, but once again I'm a wimp and am probably resting a little too much. I'm hoping I'll feel better with actual food in me.