Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled, Stressed and tired.....

So..... I am on day 18 and have been stalled for the past 4-5 days..... Frustrated is not the word for me..... I'm on purée ( but have mostly have resorted to Soup and the full liquid diet, because the purée grosses me the hell out!!)

I am strugggling to get my Protein in because I hate ( I repeat HATE SHAKES) the shakes!! And the nectar.... The Isopure.... The Boost... You name it..... I'm tired of "drinking" stuff !!!! So, it gags me. I was planning on getting my last protein drinkminmlast night.... And then fell asleep by mistake. ( arrrgh!!!)

I have no idea how long this stall lasts or how to break it. But I have seen people say:

1. Get your protein in ( check. Working on it)

2. Get your fluids in ( doing that)

Don't know how long to expect this to last, but I feel like I'm never going to start losing again and am really frustrated and down over this:(

Anyone else experience this? Hellllp!!!!

#pureedandfrustrated

Did you lose 22 lbs the 1st 2 weeks then? If so that's a large amount and your body does need to readjust.

If you're following your Drs orders you will start losing again soon :)

Did you lose 22 lbs the 1st 2 weeks then? If so that's a large amount and your body does need to readjust.

If you're following your Drs orders you will start losing again soon :)

Nope.... 10 lbs pre op......, GAINED 12 lbs of Fluid, so,I came home weighing 272 ( wth?????) , then lost from 260 to current weight of 248..... :(

I know everyone is "different", its just sooooo frustrating to hit a "stall" during the month where I've heard it said " you'll loose like craaaaazy that first month".....

I'm really afraid is not going to keep losing!!! :(

#mindisgoingbonkers

Nope.... 10 lbs pre op......, GAINED 12 lbs of Fluid, so,I came home weighing 272 ( wth?????) , then lost from 260 to current weight of 248..... :(

I know everyone is "different", its just sooooo frustrating to hit a "stall" during the month where I've heard it said " you'll loose like craaaaazy that first month".....

I'm really afraid is not going to keep losing!!! :(

#mindisgoingbonkers

I gained in the hospital too. Didn't get on a scale til a week later so don't know the exact number I gained but could definitely tell when trying to button my shirt to go home. You WILL keep losing :)

If you don't weigh yourself, you won't experience a "stall" - you are probably still shrinking, you're just not losing muscle, so you don't see the scale moving as fast as you'd like to. Better to lose fat really slow, than muscle really fast!

Stay off the scale a week or two, stick to the basics and I'm sure you'll be thrilled to find out you are not "stalling".

Take care!

I understand, I will be ten weeks out tmrw, and i have had two 8 day stalls already, each one coinciding with Aunt Flo...... seriously.... hoping that this month it will not happen.... but alas, I did start losing as soon as Aunt Flo left, hang in there, stick tot he plan.... I admit to weighing everyday.... I know ti would be best to wait as suggested by many.... but at this point can't help myself.

So..... I am on day 18 and have been stalled for the past 4-5 days..... Frustrated is not the word for me..... I'm on purée ( but have mostly have resorted to Soup and the full liquid diet' date=' because the purée grosses me the hell out!!)

I am strugggling to get my Protein in because I hate ( I repeat HATE SHAKES) the shakes!! And the nectar.... The Isopure.... The Boost... You name it..... I'm tired of "drinking" stuff !!!! So, it gags me. I was planning on getting my last Protein drinkminmlast night.... And then fell asleep by mistake. ( arrrgh!!!)

I have no idea how long this stall lasts or how to break it. But I have seen people say:

1. Get your protein in ( check. Working on it)

2. Get your fluids in ( doing that)

Don't know how long to expect this to last, but I feel like I'm never going to start losing again and am really frustrated and down over this:(

Anyone else experience this? Hellllp!!!!

#pureedandfrustrated

[/quote']

We are in the exact same place surgery June 25th...lost 17lbs in 10 days nothing since...can't get enough Fluid or protein..alway full...No desire to eat or drink...puree foods for me consist of soft scrambled egg, red Beans from popeye's and Water ice...I keep trying to nibble at other foods but the heatburn it gives me is terrible...just want to get back to "normal"