Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Good morning all.

Another hectic day, but I am glad to get to pop in and say hello.

This fill is the weirdest thing. I can eat very little...like a 1/2 cup at a time tops or I feel so full in my chest. I am not used to this. It also sticks with me for hours. The thing is, I am not eating much, yet the scale has not budged this week. Whatever..I am trying to not sweat it because it will eventually move. It would be impossible for it not to. I am really just having to get used to restriction. I guess I never really had it before.

Boo-funny you mention the sexy undies. Until I lost weight, I wouls never have dreamed of wearing cutsie undies. I actually bought g-strings last month. I never understood why anyone would want a permanent wedgie (my sister has been swearing by them for years). I gotta tell you, I love them now. I don't wear them everyday but there are those ceratin pants that I don't want the lines to show, and they are perfect for them. I feel hot in them too because it almost seems so "bad girl". Of course nowadays they market the darn g-strings to young girls so for them it is no big deal, (yuk).

Nikki- It's a boy!!!! Congrats. I had no idea you had 4 children already. What a blessing. I am so happy that everything is going well. Best wishes to you!!!!!

VA-hoping you hear from the job. Let us know as soon as possible. Enjoy your visit with your parents. Will you be watchin the Red Sox??? :(

As far as the bodybugg question. Yeah, I think it was expensive. Originally it was like $400 plus you pay for an online subscription. I found it at 24hr fitness on sale for 329..then there was some 70 bucks off promo, plus another coupon. So I ended up spending 229 with free shipping and 3 months subscription. After that you pay either $15/month for the subscription or $99/year. It is costly, but less than my WW membership that I was not using (see how I justify). It tracks your calorie expenditure with all these sensors. You wear it on the back of your tricep. It is the think the people on Biggest Loser wear..although I have not heard them talk about it at all. I will let you all know how it goes. If you look on the exercise thread here, there are people who rave about it. That is what sold me.

I always forget something before I hit send...

Steph-my anniversary is the 3rd. We are like anniversary sisters! hehe. How could you have been married for 28 years? Was this one of those childhood arranged marriages??? You don't look it, that is for sure (and isn't that what matters?). I swear I don't feel 35. I talk to these 25 year old girls in school and feel like one of them (until I hear one refer to me as "that lady"..ugh!). It is all relative. Congrats on the anniversary. Mine is my 10th. I cannot believe it. It has flown by, and I am happy to say that these past years have been amazingly good. The first few were very bumpy, but we worked out the kinks and I couldn't be happier. I know there are people around us that never would have thought we would get this far! Sad but true. We were young and had screwy priorities. I am proud of us though..I know I am being corny, but it is true. It would have been a lot easier to throw in the towel in those early years. Luckily, things worked out.

Hi Everyone!

I can’t believe how fast time goes by! It’ been a while again since I’ve checked in with everyone.

Thought I’d share a bit of good news—I was 225 this morning on my home scale! I haven’t seen that number for a very long time! I’m hoping I can keep this momentum going so I don’t fall off track again. My fill appointment is next Thursday. I want to make sure I’ve lost enough before going in.

Thanks a bunch to everyone for the information about using an elliptical. I might think about getting one in the spring with my tax refund—if no other disasters strike by then!

Nat—about your “fat guy in the coat” comment. I was just thinking the other day that I’m probably going to need a new winter coat for the opposite reason—mine is probably way too big now! Ooops!

Sweethot143—Ooh! What incredible travel plans! It sounds absolutely divine! Stuff me in a trunk—I wanna go, too! Please??

Boo Boo Kitty—Your pictures are wonderful! You have already accomplished so much. When you are able to get your plastic surgery done, I think a full “C” cup would suit you well. Your boobies will be put back where they belong (without a bra) and that size will be in proportion with the rest of your sleek, new body! You ran over your scale with a 1-ton truck! OMG! Try to hang in there as you go through this rough patch. I know how you feel. I've been hit twice since I moved to Virginia. The first time the people at work took up a collection so I could buy groceries I wound up so broke. Things will take a turn for the better soon!

Beversman—I gotta tell you that I really DO believe that downing 3 Peanut Butter pumpkins is related to it being the week before that time of the month! I’ve noticed that I’m absolutely ravenous that week (band or no band) and then I drop several pounds of Water the next week. I think it’s been getting worse as I get older (peri-menopause, maybe?). My mother and sister both had hysterectomies before they were 41 so I keep wondering if I have to have my “equipment” ripped out at some point, too. I feel awful about your ticket dilemma. As far as your “plateau” is concerned, I’ve read several articles lately that connected a lack of sleep and a high stress level to a lack of weight loss. Have you thought about trying a sleep aid from your doctor to break you out of the non-sleeping cycle you’re in? Please don't lose hope. You are a very strong person and you will pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep on putting one foot in front of another. You can accomplish anything you set your mind on!

StephC—It is so cool that you can fit in your daughter’s coat! Awesome! Your picture is great, too—you look fabulous darling! I don’t have any nice clothes that fit any more either. I’m wearing the same stuff over and over. I really ought to “retire” a couple more of my blouses because they are way too big, but if I give them away, I’ll hardly have any shirts to wear! I bought a couple of suits that were a size smaller over the summer, but they are still a bit tight to wear in public! I’m with you—I don’t want to buy more clothes until I lose some more weight.

KayDotRn—I couldn’t help picturing myself doing the Latin/African dance exercise routine… see previous comments about my lack of coordination. Just thinking about it made me LOL! I’m glad your last fill made such a big difference for you! Step away from the scale! What a thrill—you lost 10 pounds! Terrific! Congratulations on your anniversary, too! I hope to get married again someday…

VABandster—I know just how you feel about your body. I can tell my feet and calves and my hands and forearms are smaller, but my thighs and upper arms are giant and flabby! We won’t even talk about my tummy, which reminds me of something out of Africa (i.e. elephant skin)! I’m so glad you got called back for a second interview—hope you get it!

Nathalie—I can’t believe you hid your scale in your shed! Too funny! OMG—I just read about your son and the bathtub! Now my son wants to know what’s wrong with me! Hee, hee, hee! Great job reaching 219! WOO HOO!

bandiva—Congratulations on reaching the 100-pounds lost mark! Outstanding!

Nikki—sorry you are sick! I’m so glad the ultrasound went well—your fifth son! What a blessing! You can start your own sports team soon! Ha, ha!

Claudiagdlmex—keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! I’ve got my fingers crossed that the rest of your family members stay out of harm’s way!

Bkwalling—It’s great to hear from you! Sounds like you've finally made a decision about your career . Good for you!

NIkii! a boy! wow, congrats. My hubby would be so jealous, we have 2 beautiful girls and he is constantly bugging me to try for a boy! All day everyday, it's either sex or a baby, lol.

transformer-way to go on the 225! get over to germany and you can get in the trunk! we have a minivan so the trunk is big and you may still be able to see the dvd player from there. Our van seats 7 so if you wanted you could even have your own seat. Do you like to change diapers? i have a stubborn un potty trained 2 1/2 year old little angel.

boo boo- any word on resceduling PS yet? I am praying that it happens for you this year.

brandi-sorry you are having a rough patch! Your going to make it through, soon it will be just a memory. You'll come out of this stronger than ever.

kaydot-great deal on the bodybugg! I thought they we around $750! I want one! of course we just paid over 3k to fix cars this past month and a few months ago 4k to to fix a rental that we own! so we are broke broke broke for now and paying for all these trips too! maybe after christmas i'll get one.

ok, so i fell off the SB again! i seem to cheat on weekends. Oh well. i had a slice of pizza, a few french fries and a mini butterfinger. halloween parties!

I finished week 1 of couch to 5k! I ran even though i have strep. I felt good to finish. i can't wait for monday for week 2.

Hey My lovelies...

I need some advice.

So I got my fill a few weeks ago. I went from 1.4cc to 1.8cc. I cannot believe the difference in restriction. I went from eating a good amount, to barely eating much at all. I find my meal stays with me for hours after I eat, and my portions are pretty small. I know that is a good thing but here is the problem. For about 2 weeks I have had some recurring acid issues which I have not had before. It is not as severe as heartburn..not really bad, but annoying. I have tried not eating after 7pm to see if that helps, but it is still there. The other thing is, I cannot eat much at all. My nutritionist wants me at around 1200 calories. I think I am averaging about 800. I feel like I am not getting in enough of the good food. I have not had as much veggies and Protein and I tend to mush up my food. The kicker is, I am two pounds heavier today than I was last week...WTF??? Part of me thinks I just have to let this ride for a few weeks and let it all work out. Do any of you have experience with loosening up after a couple weeks? I don't want to have to go back into the MD until my appt in December. And sad as it sounds, I could deal with having to take the occasional TUMS and not eating much if it meant the weight was coming off, but now I gained? ARGH!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kay--is it close to that time of the month at all? That is my first question. I do loosen up a bit after a fill but it usually takes me 2 or 3 weeks.

If you are too tight and suffer through it you run the risk of hurting not only yourself but your band! THAT IS NOT WORHT IT!

Just try to get back to basics and see if that helps. Exercise might be the key for you! Good luck sweetie!

Kay....i Always Am Tight After Fill For About Two Weeks And Then Loosen Up A Bit And When Im Too Tight My scales Dont Budge As I Think My Body Goes Into Starvation Mode But It Will Start Falling Off When You Loosen Up ...im Sure One Month From Now You Will Be Pleased With Results

My Band Totally Unfilled And My Weight Still Moving Down ...im Not Complaining I Have Still Got Restriction And I Often Wonder Will I Get Up One Day And Bam I Will Be Able To Eat A Lot More But I Guess I Have To Go With The Flow

Boo Boo ...step Away From That Frosting..lol You Will Get Ps Sorted ,hang In There

Sweethot....whats Sb?? Yay You For Running With Strep Are You Not Really Weak I Hear Its Really Painful Take It Easy !!!

Transformer ...lovely To Hear From You Dont Be A Stranger

Thank You All For Your Congrats On Our Boy Band Baby Promise To Post Scan Photos Soon Xxx

Brandi ......oh Where For Art Thou Brandi...missing Your Posts Hun Hoping You Doing Ok !!!

I love my bodybugg, when I USE IT. I've had it since February or so and it really does work. I just don't use it consistently. I have issues all over.

And the year is coming up. Bleh.

Transformer...good to see you!! Thanks for checkin in!

Kay...not sure what you should do...if you can stick it out another week to see if you loosen up, I would. If not then you need to get back in and get a slight unfill! Let us know how things go...

SWEET...what is the couch to 5k thing? Do you do it online?? I have a friend that is into doing 5ks, and I"d like to join him (although after this weekends party, I"m thinking he only likes me as a friend and has zero interest in anything else...ugh!).

Maud.....can you hide the bodybugg when you're wearing it so people don't know its on or is it pretty obvious??

Well, my weekend was good.. party was fun, although I think the guy I'm interested in isn't interested back...oh well...gotta find a new man interest! lol

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT WEEKEND!

Back to the world series....GO RED SOX!!!!

I've found that with long-sleeved shirts it's hit or miss. Some don't notice, others will and ask what it is. I don't usually care and I just tell them it's a fancy pedometer.

Boo boo--Don't sit and eat frosting! My goodness! After all you've already accomplished! Hang in there--don't fall apart now! I need someone to look up to you know!

Kaydotrn--My doctor said I was supposed to only be able to eat about 1/2 cup after a fill, but it hasn't worked out that way yet, especially after it loosens up a bit. I have been having trouble eating things like pork or chicken lately. I've been focusing more on eating just soft foods or liquids. I'm getting another fill on Thursday. I'll let you know if I wind up feeling the same way.

swwethot143--don't panic yet about your un-potty-trained 2 1/2 year old. My son was exactly 2 1/2 years old to the day when he finally decided to start using the potty. Boys are too busy to be bothered with all that nonsense. A lot of them could care less if they are dirty, either. One of my nephews was 3 before he was completely trained. I think it'll click for him any time now!

I'm thinking about buying an Orbitrek machine from www.thane.com. It's an elliptical machine that doesn't take up too much space and it isn't too unreasonably priced. The ad says it is "whisper quiet" which would mean I could use it first thing in the morning without waking up my son. Apparently, you can try it out for 6 weeks before committing to buying it outright. If I decide to go for it, I'll let you know how it works out.

I hope everyone has a great week--keep the faith, we can do this! :clap2::clap2:

Kaydot- I say hang in there and you may want to try some Prilosec OTC or Zantac that works well for protecting you from ulcers as well as the heartburn.

Nikki- Boys are so fun! Congrats!

Sweethot- I wish I had dh begging me to have another baby! I am the one trying to convince him for one more.

I do have one little NSV to share with you all! I went to my family dr the other day for a check up. I started seeing him a month or 2 after I got married 10 years ago. I asked him what my weight was when I first saw him, I am 7 lbs lighter than my weight when I got married! I am the smallest my dh has ever seen me! I still have a long way to go- but this was encouraging to me!

Jill---congratulations on the NSV! ;) I bet that feels better than great! GOOD FOR YOU!

Transformer--I haven't felt the need to eat it yet, thank goodness! I locked it up as well! lol..thanks for the vote of confidence though!

Maud--Hey sweetie! Long time no see! How ya doing girl?

Nikki--good morning to you and our baby boy! How is he and mommy doing?

Sweet--I think I am ok if I don't get it this year, I am back to working hard at the gym.

VA--woooo hooooo I bet you are happy girl today! What a great World Series!! :) I wish it was my Tigers, but congrats to you and your Sox!

Brandi--where are you sweetie peatie? Wish I had kept your number I would have called you!! :)

Jill...Wow..congrats on the weight being pre-wedding!! I wish I had a husband who was bugging me for sex and or a baby! ;-) LOL At this point, I'd just settle for a steady BF!

Boo...Thanks!! RED SOX ROCK!!!! I'm soooo thrilled that they were able to sweep the series!!!

My best friend and I are trying to be weight loss buddies and lose 20 lbs by the end of the year. We're going to 'weigh in' on Saturdays and exercise at least 3x a week. Here's hoping I can get another 20 off before the end of the year! Then I'll only be 40 from my goal! woohoo!