Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have not had my surgery yet but I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight. How long was it before you went back to work after the sleeve surgery? I work in an office where I'm sitting most of the day. Just trying to get an estimate of the time I'll need to take off. Thank you in advance! :)

there have been many posts about this during the months I've been a member here, so I can fairly confidently give you the general response and summary...most people have no complications and have said they could actually go back to work within a week's time if they had an office job for sure...because of low energy levels, I would have had a hard time doing a full day of my desk job after just one week...I had planned to take 2 weeks off, and I think that was a good plan...because I had the opportunity to do so and had the leave time accrued, I went ahead and took a third week off and worked some from home...it wasn't a recovery issue but just some adjustment time I decided to give myself before returning to work

I went back after 2 weeks because I had lifting restrictions. Energy wise I needed 2 weeks off.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thank you! I just started back at my job almost a year ago so I'll only have a week vacation. Hoping that's all I'll need. My bosses are very nice though so I'm sure taking an extra week wouldn't be a problem, just the no paycheck would be the issue.

I was sleeved 6/26 and I am going back Monday 7/15. I had planned sooner but I was still pretty fatigued. I had no complications but just needed adjustment time. Now I am also 56 and age might play a big factor.

I was sleeved 6/26 and I am going back Monday 7/15. I had planned sooner but I was still pretty fatigued. I had no complications but just needed adjustment time. Now I am also 56 and age might play a big factor.

Congratulations! I'll hopefully be sleeved in November. I'll be 27 next week. Maybe it won't take me that long but it's different for everyone. Thank you.

If you can get 2 weeks take it!!! You will feel better after a week but your energy level will be very low. Give yourself the time if you can. Good luck to you!!

Sleeved on the 28th was going to go back this coming Tuesday but I am just too tired and struggling still with liquids and food. I am taking another 2 weeks off. I filed for state disability here in california which gives me about 70 percent of my income which is what I get after taxes. Maybe that's an options for you ask your doctor they have the paperwork.

I only took a week off, but I was really tired in my second week when I went back to work (not strenuous work either). I would suggest taking 2 weeks off if possible.

If you can get 2 weeks take it!!! You will feel better after a week but your energy level will be very low. Give yourself the time if you can. Good luck to you!!

Thank you!

I only took a week off' date=' but I was really tired in my second week when I went back to work (not strenuous work either). I would suggest taking 2 weeks off if possible.[/quote']

Thank you. I will ask at my next appointment.

I took 6 weeks off, I have a lifting job but had extra time off. I say give your self xtra time in case you need it.

I took 3 days off technically. I was sleeved on a Wednesday and then worked from home the following week. I'm in IT so I can do my job from anywhere which helped. I had to go into the office mid week for a major issue and could have worked the rest of the week at the office but decided to take advantage while I could. You should be fine only taking the 1 week off in my opinion!

My doctors recommend 2-3 weeks ... not for physical reasons but the time consuming drudge of balancing your Water and Protein in the beginning. That's a job in itself.