Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am safe in sunny Monterrey mexico! Weather in seattle is mild and rainy as hell (skiers loving it because the mountains are very snowy ). I fly home via Houston which is likely also snow free. Big issue. ..all the planes buried in the snow in Boston /new York / Philly etc. My trip really has been filled with challenges.

Denise, Does she manage meds? I got depressed when my mom died, primary doc put me on Prozac and I became out of control hysterical in about 2 weeks. Couple years ago I tried lexapro for anxiety which worked great until I developed flu like symptoms. So, wellbutrin was hard to ramp up, I had impulsive thoughts and said a few crazy things but after adjusting it's great. I am still on half of what is considered a normal therapeutic dose, but I am sensitive so here I remain. (The world should feel safe!)

My point is it took a real pro to figure out that not all of can take full dose and we have to ramp up carefully. It doesn't make me happy, hell I was already pretty happy. .it just keeps the anxiety monkey off my back. I get so much more done, less spinning in circles. It has helped clear my.mind so I can focus on important things.

However, it tends to make me impulsive. I generally have a good rein on it, but I suspect I would not have had an unplanned thigh lift without it.

Even so, I think i am going to love not having partially deflated balloons rub together when I walk anymore so maybe it was ok

Going home Monday...woohoo!

Right leg draining like crazy, good news it means the hematoma is breaking up/resolving. Looks like hell but doc and nurse are full of smiles over it. Doc is optimistic that I will have good results...takes some weeks(months) to know for sure.

In the airport, waiting to leave monterrey. I woke up in pain but the tramodol knocked it down. My biggest fear is leaking blood everywhere. The nurse bandaged me good and then the doc showed up with "medical towels". My stress level dropped immediately. I just fold them and the compression garment holds them in place. I am draining much less today than yesterday, but my hotel room looks like a crime scene. I tried so hard to keep it clean, just impossible. I left big tips each day... I just feel bad for the room cleaners.

Anyway, told doc I want to go back to work Feb 1 and he laughed. I kinda thought I was dreaming but something important is happening at work and I will likely miss it. So, my plan is to rest rest rest, consume lots of Protein and do my best to heal. Then maybe next week I can at least "make an appearance " a few times.

Dr told me that if I work a day and then have excess swelling or exhaustion to take like 3-4 days off before trying again.

I don't believe in regrets, but if I did I would say I REALLY regret doing the thigh work.

My replacement implant looks great, very little pain now, fat injection in cheek looks great. If i had just done that I'd probably be at work today. I only cried once over all this so no pity party.

I asked Dr Sauceda to email my before pix so I can convince myself it was worth it. He gave me a hug.

Safe journey home and do what the doctor says, rest. The job will be there.

I am home, gotta say United airlines really took care of me! Feels good to be home and I am emotionally fine and healing physically. My lil dog missed me so much and having her to cuddle is wonderful.

Yes Sheryl, as Cathy said... rest up and do as doc said... work will defo wait!

I've been really down over the last week or so... only managed 2 proper fast days last week and this week to date. No change on the scale so that is something. When not trying to fast, I am defo struggling with make good choices. It started the Sunday before last with a terrible Migraine ... that has left me with a constant Headache ever since. I am sure it is hormone related cos my hot sweats are really bad to the extent I can feel sweat trickling down my forehead and neck; they are lasting longer and feel so intense, on occasion I have to sit down. Just horrible.

Feeling so poorly and stress in work is getting me on the verge of exhaustion ... So tired all the time and not sleeping great either, but I am trying to plow through it.

I have to say though, I am not in a great head space at the moment... too much going on and I feel all over the place.

Denise, if you wanna partner up for the 5:2 give me a shout, we could start next week... be great to have someone to do it with... infact would anyone else like to join us - perhaps not Sheryl until you have rested after your op though my lovely.

One plus side that is keeping me going is my visit to Orlando... two weeks today and I will be across the pond. Never been to America before and even though there are 46 kids with us, I am really looking forward to the trip!

Hope all is well with our lil gang,,, I agree with Densie, I miss Florinda too.. hope she is ok.

x

@@coops at some point I recognized that proper 5:2 was triggering emotional issues - anxiety. My anxiety is under such great control now on the low dosage of wellbutrin that I am a little scared to risk it. However, I have used some modified 5:2 and it is how I lost 10# and got back to goal last fall. For me, it was the whole, don't eat late, and delay Breakfast a few days a week. It's like give your system a chance to rest - those late evening Snacks are killer. My new rule is only Protein Drinks are allowed as late Snacks. I would definitely join in supporting each other,I just don't think I can follow it the way I did before.

I am 1# over goal which isnt too terrible9 days post surgery and Lipo -still some swelling. I want to get 10# under goal as I think I looked the best and a little less squishy around the mid section.

My main goal this year is fitness and reudcing body fat. I measured at 29 percent which is okay for a middle age woman, but I am fighting aging'..Haha...and being less squishy helps!!

I haven't seen Florinda post anywhere on any forums in quite awhile. Has anyone messaged her?

So, have you considered hormone treatment? It is a misery to not sleep well and all that! I made it through menopause with no HRT, but have done some things for vaginal dryness. I took the estring out since I am not in a sexual relationship anyway, and I thought it was good to reduce blood clot risk for surgery. Anyway, suddenly the mysterious little red dots on my face (always had 1-3) and the newly formed blackheads disappeared. Hormones are not good, but, sometimes the alternatives are worse.

I am sorry you are feeling poorly coops, seems like feeling better and maintaining is more important than losing.

I hope you have fun at Disney world! Very likely to be sunny!! I was at a conference in Feb 2014 and stayed a day to "do Disney" all by myself. It was one of the loneliest d days of my life. I didn't even think about how the other time I had been there was with my exhusband, before we had kids. It was Valentine's day and airplanes were writing hearts and I love you messages in the sky. It made me want to find a bar and get drunk or eat ice cream or something to kill the loneliness, but I didn't. I toughed it out and I am glad I did. I think I had to go through some sadness to come out the other side, ya know?

I think being there with the kids would be fun. Let's face it, Disney is hokey, but the enthusiasm of kids having fun makes it fun!

@@Georgia, haven't seen you in awhile either!

Sent Florinda a short message mid December but have not heard anything back.

Coops I need to get back on track, perhaps I should commit to 5:2 next week. You going to USA during half term?

I totes Understand sheryl, I remember when you did the 5:2 before,,, I think your modified version sounds good.

Yes Denise, I tried HRT about 5 years ago... didn't get on with the Patches or the tablets and I haven't taken anything for a long time... just using the lady magnet for the flushes which did work for a while however, sine I had the bleed back in Nov the flushes are bad again.

I went to the gyne today - useless. She didn't seem interested in anything I had to say. Just said that Migraines and headaches can be hormone related and I should go to my GP to discuss it. I have to go back if I bleed again. When I asked about the missing ovary she said that it wasn't a problem, and it has 'probably shrunk to a size so small that it can't be seen.' She wasn't interested in the cramps I am getting or the bloated feeling... she wasn't personable - didn't even ask me if I worked. So, I felt like it was a total waste of time... good thing is that my scan was clear.

Cathy... lets set our days for next week... how does Mon and Thur suit? Yes, we go in half term, well we leave on the Thursday before. I am just looking online for some walking flip flops... lol!

OK coops I will try Mon and Thurs too. If I falter Mon I will try again Tues. I find crocs are good to walk round in.

Feeling really low today. Considering I have been feeling so good, I am hoping this is a one day thing. I feel the extrovert in me has reached maximum capacity of home confinement. Seriously, I have had weirdly negative thoughts but am using my rational mind to say... this isn't real, it is just for the moment.

Weird, I am down a couple of pounds. I'll take it!

How is everyone? Should next week we all try to check in regularly? I am not doing 5:2 but I do have goals I want to work toward....and a plan to get there!

I'm doing Mondays and Thursdays too. I am a little worried because of my back fusion. I'm not supposed to diet. I have to though. I put on a favorite sweatshirt and it looked horrible. I looked pregnant. I'm going to try to eat a lot of vegetables. My diet is totally lacking vegetables most of the time.

Hope you're feeling better Sheryl. I wish I could take Welbutrin. I'm sure I would feel better if I could.

I'm sure you're right about the late eating. I just saw something on tv about that being the cause of weight gain in America. I just need to eat my 3 small meals and not snack.

Coops you need to find another doctor. I'm still on HRT and my doctor really feels like I need to stay on it since my bone scan shows the beginning of osteoporosis. There are bioidentical hormones that are not as risky as the Premerin of the past which was made from horse urine. disgusting. Mine are made at a compounding pharmacy just for me. I'd find a different doctor for sure.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at Disney. It's the happiest place on earth, after all. (their advertisements) I wish I could come to florida and meet you!