Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is this draining coming from ? I am so confused. I knew you were having your implants worked on, and then you said you had an infection in your thigh. I don't know how I missed that you were having thigh work done too. What did you have done? I should pm you but I'm wondering if the others in the group know why you're still down with all of this.

I did post about the details but i think it got lost in the shuffle.

I went down there primarily to have the right implant replaced, but also had him do a fat injection in the cheeks and remove a couple of unsightly, skin colored moles. I had emailed him about my inner thighs because that little weird cellulite pooch I get had returned. He felt from the pictures that it wasn't work doing a long thigh lift.

So, I get there and do the in person consult and he can see with his own eyes how bad that had gotten again. Since overall my thighs are really good he suggested doing a "minor incision", and really targeting that cellulite pocket. The idea was that it would not extend my recovery, and would not give me a scar down to my knees.

I also knew this was a bit unconventional so told him to use his best judgement and I trusted him.

Well, a bunch of things didnt go right, but bottom line when I woke up he told me it hadn't gone well. Specifically, the small work he tried to do just made it worse. He wound up doing - not a incision down to the knee, but about halfway down (we had marked my typical skirt hem and he stayed way above that). He also did a bunch of unplanned Lipo suction. I was totally unprepared for all this, but I also get that once he started, he needed to change plans to get a decent outcome.

Originally, I was outpatient due to the fairly minor surgery and i went back to the hotel. Well, next morning the nurse couldnt wake me up. I was so bad i couldn't get myself Breakfast (i'd faint when trying to get up). My right thigh was swollen huge!

Dr Sauceda did the right thing, picked me up himself and admitted me to the clinic for 3 days. My right thigh definately had problem. Hit me hard with antibiotics, pain meds etc. I was returned to the hotel and was fine this time but strict bed rest - had to have all food delivered etc.

I also extended my overall stay due to this complication and Dr S was great - - really took care of me.

So I get home, still not as good as I would have hoped, but slowly getting better until all of a sudden, huge red swelling and a fever - infection!

I wound up in the Emergency room because my wound busted open (thank goodness, so much pain relief) and was draining. The ER doc explained that I had likely had a vein "nicked" and the huge hematoma/blood pocket was the cause of the swelling and hardness. turns out old dead blood is an awesome conduit for bacteria so it became infected. He used the word "bloom" and that is exactly what happened, i went from swelling and slowly slowly getting better to BOOM - big infection. He said that we have bacteria in our blood stream all the time, and it just found a nice home in the old dead blood pocket. They were on the fence about admitting me to hospital but because my white blood cell count was normal, they felt it was still a local, not systemic infection.

So, I got IV antibiotics and was sent home for a 10 day course of two different antibiotics (that i just finished). It continues to drain, but much less the last few days. About a week ago, the pain at the incision was terrible as all that Fluid was trying to get out. The infection and pain are gone. It has been a rough road.

My surgery was exactly a month ago.

I wish I hadn't done the thigh lift, but of course I wouldnt be saying this if it werent for the complication - left thigh has been no problem. I cancelled my trip to hawaii, I missed a ton of work, missed a ton of LIFE.

I am feeling better and better but I am guessing it is a few more weeks before I am myself. I so badly want to work out, but Dr S is very conservative and is having me restrict activity a bit longer since there is still an open wound and there is still a (much smaller) hard area on that thigh.

So this has been the main source of my blues feelings on and off for the last month.

Little things have bugged me alot and it is just because I am cooped up, not feeling well, no exercise, no going out, no having fun. i actually tried to join pals for a little happy hour snack last weekend and I only made it about 45 minutes before i left.

Anyway, it will be behind me soon.

Wow Sheryl, this is much more detail and I can see how the situation might be getting you down, especially as your concern with this part of your journey was with the implants. I don't think you even mentioned the thigh until you was in Mexico. Hope everything settles down soon and you can get out and about and enjoys every day things.

Coops is on the plane homeward bound I think and it looks like she has had a good time (from the photos) no doubt she will be back on the forum next week telling us all about it.

Sat in a cafe in a mall while hubby is off site having lunch with colleagues he has not seen in 30 years. I was invited but they are all male so I declined. Then off up north again to see mum. Today is a hard day for her, me too, it is the anniversary of my Dads passing and today it is 50 years. I was just a child and I still think about him every day.

Happy Weekend everyone.

@@UK Cathy I am glad you were able to be with your mom on that important date. I never really get over the loss of someone I love, so I can really relate.

I didn't mention thighs until I got there because in the photo consult he didn't think it was worth doing. It was when he saw how badly the cellulite pockets rub together that he agreed it really could be helped. Just didn't go the way either of us hoped. Based on how my left thigh looks, I think my end result will not be a thigh gap up high, BUT no long hanging blobs of skin and cellulite that rub together!

Even though I weigh heavy for my height 5'5" and this morning 153, I don't really have that much excess fat so dieting doesn't help that area. I am aiming to get in the 145-150 range though!

Went to a wine tasting (very small quantities) last night and it was great to get out of my house. I have given up wine, any drinking, for over a month now so I enjoyed those sips of awesome, expensive wine alot! My pal bought a $50 bottle of a really delish cab, I am buying the steaks!

Hurray! I managed to catch up with the posts. Now I know about your thigh Sheryl, Cathy, Denise, Sheryl and Coops doing 5:2 again..... I will join you on thursday. I am out of town for a few days, and can make a fresh start after I get back. And am waiting to hear about Coops Disney voyage. Cathy, I am so glad you had the chance to visit with Mom. I think about my mom every day too.... just little things I would like to share with her, and such. I am so grateful that I had such a great mom in my life, I just let that thought smooth out the moments I miss her. I have been lucky. Dad and I get along well too, we didn't connect for years, but as we both get older, it has gotten better, and I think in some ways I'm his best friend. I hope that Florinda is doing well... she is a mercurial gal, with dramatic ups and downs... not easy for her I'm sure. NIce to see Georgia here too! We tough base on Facebook sometimes, nice to see her there. I'm looking forward to joining you guys in the 5:2... I could use some support to get back on track. Well, Ill report from Birdwatching this weekend... nature is grand!

I'm back! And boy am I tired or what... the actual travelling is really difficult then add 45 kids... wow! But we had an amazing time...just so much to see and so much fun to have. I never aspired to visit Disney before the trip but I have to be honest it was amazing. The people that we encountered we just so helpful and happy... I felt at 'home' there. My colleagues joked that I must have 'American' blood! When I have put the photos on my computer I will post them here,

Each day was crammed with activities; we went to Nasa which was just the best experience. It was overwhelming in many ways, especially when I saw Atlantis, that was breath taking. We also went to the Hollywood Studio and Magic Kingdom theme parks as well as Blizzard Beach and the Epcot Centre. Like I said, it was a lot to do and we rushed around a lot but totally worth it.

So, it is back to normal now... back on the fast train Tue and Thurs. Oh, and I have given up meat for Lent - this is going to be a hard one.

Hope all is well with you lovely ladies,

Sheryl, glad your thigh is doing better. Glad you have vigilant Drs looking out for you.

Coops, it's a lot isn't it? Just did the whole thing ( four parks) for 10 days in January. My DIL is a Disney fanatic!!!

I've done pretty well getting back on the right track since first of year. My goal each day is 1000 cals tops. I try to do two lower cal days on Tues/Thurs of about 500-600. Hit 15 pounds last Friday so feeling better about it all.

I've looked at pics from couple years ago when we REALLY got on the 5:2 and I was at lowest and I truly looked my best and felt my best. Need to lose another 10-15 to hit that real low again.

Anybody heard from Florinda or did I miss it? Kinda worried

Coops - so glad Orlando was such a fun trip!

Georgia - Florinda dropped out in Nov I think. She was very upset and having some problems - if I recall acid was bad and some regain. I hope she is doing well too.

I have had a good weekend. Finally getting out of the house, seeing people and doing things! My energy is terrible still (exhausted easily) and my leg is still draining but no pain and no swelling and I am feeling so much better. Fingers crossed that in a few more weeks I will be back to working out etc.

I am doing good with food. I am starting to wonder about my scale. Monday is my weigh in day but I check a few times a week - always morning. I went from 157 (what, regain?) To 151 in a day. Hmmmm.... what I do know is my clothes fit right so I am in the 155 range. I'd like to get to 145-150 range....slowly getting there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

Here are some pics from my trip..

post-107967-0-65133500-1456130613_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-16325500-1456130704_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-80283600-1456130639_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-61064000-1456130664_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-52911000-1456130683_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-68955500-1456130738_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-91868900-1456130754_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-54937200-1456130768_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-24563800-1456130783_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-91622100-1456130813_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-63792400-1456130899_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-37326500-1456130912_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-88719200-1456130926_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-08615700-1456130955_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-65352300-1456130994_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-65352300-1456130994_thumb.jpg

post-107967-0-36551700-1456131019_thumb.jpg

Sorry that there are a lot of selfies...lol... couldn't resist! And I don't know why they aren't the right way around!

Georgia, I meant to say, good to see you again and good to hear that you are getting rid of those unwanted pounds... always a 5:2 inspiration to me!

Not a good week this week, 1lb regain. I did not want to post that but I do realise I have to be accountable to myself and ignoring any gain does not do me any good. I know why it happened so scale downward this week. I'm back at work so it will be easier.

Nice pics Coops, obvious you enjoyed yourself from all those lovely smiles. Back to reality today? How's the job hunting going?

Your weight loss since new year is an inspiration Georgia.

Coops, was this a school trip or personal family trip? I could show my exact pics in exact spots!!! Lol. And you Did Blizzard Beach??!! It had to warmer than when I was there. We were freezing. Looks like you had a blast. Looking good in those "ears!" [emoji193]

Not a good week this week, 1lb regain. I did not want to post that but I do realise I have to be accountable to myself and ignoring any gain does not do me any good. I know why it happened so scale downward this week. I'm back at work so it will be easier.

Nice pics Coops, obvious you enjoyed yourself from all those lovely smiles. Back to reality today? How's the job hunting going?

Your weight loss since new year is an inspiration Georgia.[/quote

Cathy, I think on any given day we could be up a pound. Yours just happens to be weigh in day. You've gotten back on track and that's what matters. Trust me, I know!!! Lol

Yea Georgia, it was a school trip... we took 45 14-15 year olds. That bit was stressful, especially the actual travelling but it was well worth it as it was a trip of a life time for them and for me. The weather was lovely too... we did have a few cloudy days but it was warm, It rained over night one time, but the next day it was around 26 so all good! Nice to get some vit D...lol... not something we get much of here in Wales!

@@Georgia - i don't think I said this - but so good to hear from you!!! Sounds like you are doing so well - happy for you!

@@coops - so glad you had decent weather. our company's mega meeting was the week of the 8th and it was COLD. I didn't go but kept hearing about all the sad kids that couldn't go swimming!

@@UK Cathy don't feel down about a 1 pound gain. My weight is much more bouncy then it used to be - not sure why. Actually, I am starting to suspect my scale is wonky because the swings are much bigger than normal. But a pound can easily be a little Water retention! Anyway, in the long view you are back on track so I know your weight will head the direction you want it to!

this morning - Monday is weigh in day - I am 154. I am aiming to slowly get under 150 and more importantly, start to build muscle while maintaining that weight. My true goal is to reduce my body fat and get shapely muscle tone back. My waist is 1.5" bigger than it was 2 years ago - and I am similar weight. I don't think another part of me is smaller, I am just less compact. Getting old sucks :)