Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Christmas to everyone,hope everyone is having a good day. We are getting reports of severe weather conditions in some parts of USA - hope non of you are involved. XX

Merry Christmas!!!

Weather in the Pacific northwest is light rain, pretty normal for winter... No snow for Christmas but the mountains are getting pelted....outstanding ski season potential!

HI all! Nice to catch up with all the news. I am doing well... pretty much ignoring my weight and eating habits... not good, but turning this huge ship takes a lot of time... anyway, still taking the bike out for our weekly ride and practice. Mostly the river roads, levee riding. I am submitting some work for an art show I have been in a few times. Its very competitive, over 10,000 people apply each year for around 250 spots on the wall. I did not apply last year, and hope I am still on the "It" list this time. I have been invited to hang some work at this years Edwardian Ball in San Francisco, its the best party I have ever attended. Looking forward to that. I think I posted pics here two years ago when I was included in that show.... Craig is going to New Zealand for 4 weeks in Feb... I will have some quite time here, which is nice once in a while. I am planning on taking a long birdwatching trip with an old friend of mine. That should be nice. Riding to Gray Lodge wildlife refuge on friday the 1st with Craig.... My longest trip yet, around 140 miles round trip.

http://www.cawatchablewildlife.org/viewsite.php?site=83&display=q

Yeah, I am going to cool it with John. The whole thing is just too confusing. He is a friend, and he doesn't not fit any of my criteria for what kind of man I want to be in a relationship with, other than he's funny. I still want to spend time with him, but definitely a lot less.

I wish that just about everyone I would like to meet when I read their profile, didn't live in Eugene.

I think you're right Sheryl. You should go and have fun with whomever you choose. I keep saying I wish I could put all the men I like and abandoned for one reason or another in a blender and just take out the parts I like. The answer may just be what you said. You can have fun with more than one person. The problem is that they usually do want to have sex eventually. It's all very confusing.

I am signing up for the gym a week from Monday and will put all my energy into getting fit and eating better and thinking less about men.

Your house sounds amazing, by the way. I completely remodeled this house when I moved into it. I should have never bought it. I was looking for 3 years and was tired of looking, but I should have kept looking.

I realized when visiting my son, it would be really difficult for me to find a house if I ever chose to move closer to him.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas... I will update properly when I can... lots going on here in not-so-sunny Wales! x

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! My Christmas present to myself was jumping on here and reading and trying to catch up. Well, I don't like having to read almost an entire year's worth of posts, so maybe I should check in here more often!!

I know I can't catch up, just wanting to pop in a say hi to you all. I've missed you all so much!

I'm still at the same job (almost 1.5 years now) and I love the job but still commuting 2+ hours a day. I did finally get one work at home day a week, so that is helping but it's still a huge drain to be driving so much and sitting so much. I LOVE the job, hate the commute and feel as if the job is literally killing me because I sit all the time. I'm up at least 20lbs in the 1.5 years I've had this job. They keep renewing my contract and I keep saying yes.

I've got to figure out something to take the weight off, any suggestions are welcome. I'm considering doing a Medifast-type diet but the WonderSlim version (has anyone tried that?) I had good success with Medifast in the past but of course the weight always came back and I just don't think I want to do it again. Not that Wonderslim will be any better but it will be different.

Both of my girls still play volleyball so that involves MORE sitting. I haven't worked out in 1.5 years which has been horrible for me. I used to be SO GOOD at working out....before I got this job and do nothing but sit.

Other than that life is good. I'm shocked even with my horrible gain (that is on top of my original regain from hitting my low at 18 months post-op) that I'm only up one size in pants. Shirts are harder and I'm back into plus sizes mostly just because I can't stand tight clothing. So I usually pick up a 1x on most things and sometimes a 2x. So so so sad.

I passed my 5 year mark in Oct and never saw my dr.

Have a couple of goals for 2016 mainly getting some weight off, but also getting in to get labs done and seee my surgeon. I chew ice all the time and I think it's because my Iron is low. It was always low post-op but never low enough for my med dr or my surgeon to put me on iron supplements. Does anyone take iron? I know I need to get my sh*t together but haven't a clue where to start.

If you want, please give me an overview of your 2015...I would love a recap of what I've missed!!!!

@@M2G so nice to hear from you! The group is not so active anymore, so checking in weekly would be a short read.

I have to say, a desk job ( which I have!) is killer. It is killer on your back and it encourages weight gain. You need to fight it extra hard.

My year in review:

Weight: I got 10# over goal this summer, now back to goal!

Fitness: Not so hot. I got out of all my routines due to some physical issue and I now longer have those defined muscles I loved!

Health: A year of challenges, right breast implant had to be removed after a very scary several month period of trying to figure out if I had some dreadful cancer or something (I don't). Hip is bad but I found a better doctor and am rehabbing it well. He guesses I have another 3-4 years before replacement.

Emotional: I finally decided to go on wellbutrin for my anxiety. In GENERAL it is so much improved. I still have 'bouts of problems but it is like a burden lifted that has allowed me to progress on on other areas of my life.

Home: remodel mostly done. New countertops remain. I love the new look/new floorplan

Work: I hate it, but assigned to a new project in 2016 so hopefully re-energized

Horses: Sold my young mare as she was too aggressive on the ground and other people couldn't handle her. I need easy.

Living situation: Boys are rent paying roomies now. I fear I am holding them back from moving on in life, my counselor fears I am being held back.

Dating: After a very discouraging time dating Scott from late Feb to end of May who turned out to be crazy and (side note, no sex!). I wasn;t in love, but this failure, this realization of how someone could seem so sane and even fooled my friends really discouraged me.
Since then, I have had a lot of fun casually dating - not serious about anyone. I turned down two date requests for New Years Eve and doing stuff with girlfriends instead. I hate to admit it, but I feel myself giving up hope on EVER finding a good, serious, healthy long term relationship. I don't know why this bothers me, I don't know why I can't just let go and accept spinsterhood (haha) but so far it is something I still want.

Plans for 2016: Reduce my body fat %, get a few pounds under goal, get my hip rehabbed enough I can hike again, keep trying to learn to dance, give golf a try.

with the help of wellbutrin I have been able to address many lingering nagging things in life, but 2016 is the year I really want to figure out my retirement/next steps in life ideas. Wellbutrin can give a person impulsive thoughts and I
just increased the dose.... so last night I thought about "selling everything and becoming a vagabond" - keeping my job, which is portable, but really, see more of the country, maybe even of the world while still working. The thing that holds me back is I fear I will become lonely not having my social network around me.... so, probably wont do that, but it is fun to dream, isn't it?

I am up about 13 more than I want to be but I know even if I lose it, my clothes still won't fit. I still want to lose it though. Weight training is what is going to make the difference.

My last year was all about my back. My back was killing me until August when it was finally fixed right.

I can't say it was a banner year. My love life sucks too.

Sheryl is right. There are no good men left by the time they are over 50. They are suitable for dating but not relationships. Of course, I do know people who have found someone later in life, but it's rare.

I wish Florinda would check in too. I hate that we have lost so many people. I'm really glad Cathy, Coops, MG2 and Kim checked in. Sheryl you're always really good about keeping us updated.

I forgot to mention, 2015 is the year I hosted 3 big parties. I used to love hosting and it felt good to restart that!

Happy New Year everyone ????????My main resolution is to be kind to myself. I'm not good at that as I tend to dwell on the things I didn't do/achieve and then beat myself up. Not this year I aim to be positive in all achievements no matter how small and to give thanks.

Wow, Sheryl thank you so much for the awesome recap of your year! I'm so sorry about your implant and the cancer scare. That is such a relief to know that it was NOT cancer, but scary living through the what-ifs. And hip replacement doesn't sound fun either, but at least getting strong in the next few years will do nothing but help improve your chances at a good surgery/recovery. My mom had a complete knee replacement in Oct 2014 and once the initial pain/swelling/staples were gone, then she says she doesn't go a day without thanking the Lord and her surgeon that she went ahead and fixed it. I know hip is much more complicated and involved and the worst part is the possibility of living with the pain until you just can't take it anymore.

Thanks for the advice about fighting the desk job. I swear I thought I would have this all figured out by now...almost 1.5 years later and I still can't seem to manage. Although coming up soon we should have free nights on Tues and either Thurs or Fri (hopefully will know the schedule soon) and I really just need to find a night class at the gym that I can at least take once a week. To do something.

Glad to "see" you too Cathy and Denise! Hoping 2016 is starting out right for you both.

Anyway, my "free" time at the computer is over...off to take my oldest to what else, volleyball practice!

Sheila, my ole friend... soooo good to hear from you! I can't believe you've been in the job for 1 1/2 years - I remember when you took it on. The commute would do my head in to be honest, I can see why you are annoyed with it.

I totes get the running around with the kids, I do the same for my two... nearly every day of the week one of them has to be some where or another!

As for me... I'm ok... there is a huge amount of stress in work that I am not particularly coping well with and consequently looking for a new school. We will see what happens.

As for my weight... I am over my bounce - still - but most of my clothes fit still... which is weird. I still where my UP tracker and I am upping my steps weekly. My goal is 10,000 steps daily but I am now aiming for 15,000 min. I also started the 5:2 today, logging into MFP - just under 500 today so I am happy with that. I really want to get rid of at least 14lb but 28lb would be amazing... but I'll take a lb at a time though.

On the up side, I will be coming over the pond - we have a school trip to Orlando, Florinda mid Feb and I can't wait... there is an exciting schedule for us... gives me something to look forward to in work when times are are (as there are every day at the moment!).

Actually, the good news about hip replacements is they are generally less painful, quicker rehab and higher "success" rates than knees. Well, I suspect my knees will need bionic parts at some point, so maybe that ISN'T such good news for me, but you gotta take the bright spots where you can find them!

Happy New Year everyone. I have been thinking alot about my goals for 2016, kind of exciting times.

Boob fixing is just around the corner....all set to go back to Dr Sauceda Jan 18.....very nervous but I NEED to put this behind me. I am going to have fat transfer to my face and a mole removed while I am there. I am suddenly looking my age....grrr...not ready for facelift, but fighting back!

HI all, and hi Sheila! NIce to hear from you. I'm up up and up! Up 29 pounds. Feeling and looking fat, but still down 60 so what can i say. Craig finally is working to lose a few and get in better shape, so my partner in crime is makeing it easier to do the right thing. We just started what we call a WWF Yoga program, and I still dance twice a week. I am back on the streight and narrow.... 1200 a day on myfitnesspal. I have lost 2 pounds so far, its a start. I also have been learning how to ride a motorcycle for the past 2 1/2 months. I have a bike, and Craig and I are planning to ride to the Arctic Circle Starting at the end of July . I will have to see if I am good enough to do that..... I went on a 170 mile ride last weekend.... only dropped the bike twice and almost got creamed by a car on a country road. I get so nervous when I start my rides, but usually get on top of that within a few miles. I am doing OK I think, but still don't know if I will get to LOVE it enough to do the longer trips. Its not really good for bird or wildlife watching. I steer where I look, and looking in the filed next door means I run off into the field! We will see about that. Its been very cold for here, and it never got over 49 degrees the whole day. Blue fingernails!