Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Denise 5lb well done. If we do it right it does work doesn't it.

I'm afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. The weekends always screw me up.

I've tried to be good but it's so easy to pick at food when I see it at various places. Today my little grand daughter was eating trail mix with M & Ms in it and I had a handful without even thinking.

Kim that is so sweet that your dad found someone online. I don't know why I would think that 87 year old people would not be looking for love online. My dad wouldn't have even thought of trying to learn how to use a computer. He could barely manage his channel changer without messing up the t't v.

So, this Keith guy who was all gung ho on the first 2 dates that he wanted to get to know me better because he thought we were perfect for each other, texted me and said something like "I hope you know since my profile is online that I am dating other people" I have not heard from him since.

I hope I don't have to wait until I am 87 to find love. I just turned 63 and I am

ready to not be alone all the time.

@@Oregondaisy I think it is pretty normal for people to wait awhile before becoming exclusive. I wonder if he was feeling like he needed to clarify- perhaps sensing that you want that exclusive right off the bat?

I might be the exception but I am quite wary of the overly enthusiastic. In my experience they are either men with issues (Scott) or just those charmer types.

I met someone about a month ago, it's pretty low key and I don't know if it will progress or not. He is a nice man, my age (I usually seem to attract the way older!) but he has half custody of two teenage kids and doesn't like to dance. He is a sweet, smart and interesting person otherwise I would rule him out due to the above.

I am not actively seeking but will go out if asked by an interesting man. Guy I met dancing last summer wants to go out but was sick this last weekend...we shall see. I don't really like to date multiple men but it seems to be the common wisdom. I am happily NOT dealing with the dating websites..ugggg. Will try again next year if I really want to look.

My appetite has gone through the roof. I am still at 158, but would sure like to see 150 again!

No, I don't think I gave him any indication that I thought we were going to be exclusive. I think it has more to do with the fact that I wouldn't let him take my clothes off.I could text back and tell him I'm seeing other people too.

I still see my friend John who asks all the time for a fwb situation(,I'm not going for it) and I am meeting another guy from OK cupid next week.

I just hate when people run hot and cold. Just tell me the truth ,damn it!

I am at 145 and I didn't gain weight over the weekend. I have my doubts that I will be able to lose more. I will be thrilled if I don't gain anything over the holidays. I'm trying to be careful but I have that dang sweet tooth! Even 5 lbs and my pants fit so much better!

Happy Thanksgiving dear friends over the pond. XX

I had a super day with family but ate too much, wished I had skipped pie. I have a bad headache and I thought..You know I think I often felt poorly due to bad eating habits in the past! It was a reminder...

Thanks guys! Same to you. Craig and I went for a bike ride along the river and in town this morning. I made dinner, and kept it pretty clean. Saturday we will get together with the family, and Im sure there will be pie heaven there. Enjoy your weekend all!

Wow, maintained right at goal even after over doing it for the long weekend. Experience tells me I am on borrowed time (or weight!) So buckle down now or the fun will show up in pounds!

Okay where is everyone?

I am a real Christmas hater so I have not been in a good mood.

I saw that guy Keith that had texted that he was also seeing other people. I decided I am glad he's seeing other people because I really don't want anything to do with him. He's a nutcase.

I managed to gain back a couple lbs and can't seem to be good and not eat sweets when put in front of me. I am afraid of the holidays. I don't want to gain weight!

Denise, I have been wondering if our little group will continue...

Update on me - I feel great even though I am overwhelmed. Work explodedbusy on me, leak in roof, the remodel that is "almost" done, an effed up hip and lopsided blobs. I have a plan for all of them!

I am in physical therapy and my very specific goal is to be hiking again In 2016! I am doing PT through the end of the year and then more of a rehab type gym situation. My new ortho doc just breathed life into my motivation to help myself. One of his key points is I WILL need replacement in a few years and the fitter I am the better. I don't care so much about weight (as long as I am at or under goal).

I havent put up a tree or hosted a Christmas event in years, yet I am doing it this year! Going to snowflake lane , a parade and holiday thing nearby this weekend.

Hope everyone is well!

Hi! Busy busy.... riding the bike, I dropped it today for the first time... in front of a butt load of bikers.... and managed to break off the tail light of a VERY nice and expensive Ducatti.... ouch! I got off with buying the guy and his friend beer.... I on the other hand was not hurt at all (except my pride) The helmet and all is working good so far! My bike was unharmed. I am not weighing, but I have to say pics of me in the armor look very fat (it is padded and has armor). yikes! Something has to chance soon. Just found out my dear dance teacher has cancer, will be getting chemo, surgery and healing for around a year. I may have to take over the class or better yet share with someone else part of the time.... I am so sad about it.... dear lady friend. She is the healthiest person I know.... fit, eats like a saint.... never speaks poorly of anyone....

Here is a pic of my bike and Craigs new bike on a ride we did friday....

post-110343-0-04633900-1449386190_thumb.jpg

Good pic!

It is sad that I know what a Ducatti is. Guy i have been dating has 1...he has 3 bikes.

I went target shooting last night. i shot 2 handed,, and did really well at 45 feet. Steve was impressed that I had the safety rules deeply imbedded, I am still just slow to aim. The 22 pistol is what he uses in target shooting competition

I too wondered where everyone was. Obviously you guys have just had a big holiday but it went so quiet...glad to Sr. That people are till there.

So Steve and I talked more about the target shooting. Those competition pistols have laser sights so I wasnt too impressed with being able to be accurate at 45', but he told me that at that range the slightest waiver makes you miss so I actually did very well given my limited experience. I don't know that I would ever do competitions but I guess it feels good to be comfortable and competent doing something that a year ago scared the crap out of me!

We also talked a little more about where he is at with things in life. I didn't really grasp that he isn't asfar along rebuilding his life after a miserable marriage and divorce. I am disappointed in the sense that while I don't want to marry, I do want a real long term boyfriend. Not sure I want him for that but it is clear to me he isn't a prospect. I don't think it is clear to him....this isn't my"first rodeo" as the saying goes so I KNOW he isn't healed yet. My initial emotional reaction was to just leave...like...mid dinner but I am glad I didn't. There is more to my thoughts about this, but I think we treat each other well and each have something to gain from this "relationship" so I am sticking it out for now.