Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kim, horseback riding is just like that - a horse tends to steer in the direction that you look! It is incredible to me how that works. The consequence in horse back riding is that fearful riders tend to "look at" the scary thing which often causes the horse to head toward it, sense their rider is scared and then bad things can happen!

I think you are very bold and brave to take on motorcycling. I am fairly well terrified of it. I have decided that about 50% of the dating pool in my age range ride motorcycles! It's apparently the default midlife crisis-mobile for men. If they are harley riders, they want the woman to ride along and I just don't like it much.

I do hope you make the trek and consider staying with me... might be camping in my yard as I have a freaking full house right now, but I have a big yard. :)

So, I am right at goal. I want to be under goal. I have been working at getting in better shape though and have been rehabbing my hip since November and have made great progress ... woo hoo! On the 18th of Jan I have my breast implant replaced so I will be largely out of commission for 4 weeks, but I figured it is worth it to get in as best shape I can, i will lose ground, but then restart March 1 (after I get back from Hawaii!).

Hello all...

thought I would give a quick update... 5:2 is going well... two fast days this week, first one came in at just under 500 and the other just over so I am calling that done. The other two days have been 1200 cals or less. I am logging everything and I am starting to feel a lot more in control. I have also upped my Water in take - min of 8 glasses a day ( been doing that since before xmas). I am drinking it hot, like the temp of a cuppa, as I find it easier to drink and it has a soothing effect on my tummy. Not seen any significant movement on the scales, but I am the same weight I was before xmas - 164lb. I know I won't see fast weight loss, but I would be happy with a few pounds a month.

One thing that has been playing on my mind is this menopause - my hot flushes have come back ( stress seems to be a major cause) and in Nov I had a bleed, I went to the doc who did an examination and a smear and all seemed ok (smear results were all clear) but she sent me for a scan anyway. In the scan the nurse said she couldn't find my left ovary. Although I don't need that ovary, it has freaked me out a little that it isn't there.I have an appointment with the gyny consultant at eh end of the month, where I am hoping that she can explain things for me.

Anyone heard of this before?

Hope you are all well... anyone else fasting?

Hugs from across the pond!

Oh and on the stepping front, I reached a personal best today... of 35,395! It was hard work but I got there,

When I went through menopause, I didn't have a period for a year. Then, a year to the date of the last one, I had my actual last one. I think it's common to go months and then have one. I am not sure where you are in this menopause. I'm really glad you're back!

Kim you're so brave to ride that bike alone. I love being on the back of one, but I wouldn't even consider riding one myself. I would freak!

i'm trying to be good. No snacking. I had to go to a birthday dinner yesterday which screwed me up. I ended up having cheesy bread with everyone else, but had a shrimp salad for dinner.< /p>

I want under 145 badly! I'm happy to back to the gym though. I just read in a fitness magazine I need to do 60 min of cardio not 30. grrr. I love the weight lifting , the cardio, not so much.

Where in the heck is Florinda Hmmm

Kim stats are not dissimilar, up 33lb but still 60lb down. I'm only 5' 3" so the lbs really show. My downfall is wine and I'm drinking my calories, in addition when we have wine the crisps come out then the chocolate and it is a disaster calorie wise. Like many in the UK we are having a 'dry' January and quite honestly it is only the 8th of the month and I'm finding it hard!

Off to London tonight for the weekend. It my present to hubby for Christmas and we are going to see the show Kinky Boots tomorrow.

Coops I don't know if it is a myth or truth but can't ovaries shrivel/shrink during menopause? Perhaps this is what has happened. Glad you are getting on with 5:2 and feel in control.

@@UK Cathy I have cut way back on my drinking to prepare for surgery, but I realize how many calories I have been consuming that way! I have the opposite problem, I will forget to eat if I drink alcohol and that aint good either! I think the best answer is to combine alcohol with a real meal (or at least an appetizer) so you don't wind up eating munchy type foods.

I tried to see Kinky Boots when I was in New York city 2 years ago, but couldn't get tickets. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

So, I have been doing some casual dating, but this guy Steve I have been seeing since October. No future in it, but super nice guy and fun to do stuff with. anyway, he has gone off the rails. Like depressed. There are some things that have happened that suck, but I think he has a depressive type personality as he has given me hints of it before. I think the reason he is attracted to me is that while I have my ups and downs, I am basically bubbly and outgoing. Anyway, he is hiding from me, like he texts alot but won't even talk on the phone. It doesn't really matter as we aren't in deep or anything, but it is just part of that whole... wtf???

Are there any men on the planet who are fit, middle aged, SINGLE, fun without being irresponsible and not suffering from major emotional issues? Ha

Yea, I am fully in the menopause - before Novemeber it was three years since I last saw anything and then it was probably 2-3 times a year. I was diagnosed peri menopausal 6 years ago. I'll be interested to see what the gynae says - I just feel that at 44 now, I am a little to young for all this! My mam has a missing ovary too - but she is 81...lol! Perhaps it has just given up and shrivelled away to nothing - hahaha!

Had a clean eating day again today (just under 1100 cals) and will be finishing my steps just over 16,000, so I am happy with that.

Hearing the troubles of being single makes me all the more grateful for my family life - and marrying my imperfectly perfect man... I honestly don't know where I would be without him. He really is my rock and my soul mate and every day I thank the universe for him being in my life.

Happy 2016 to all! Been a long time since I've even opened BP! I've just tried to catch up on everbody and must say, I had to re-read some pages to make sure I was following the thread correctly. ????.

Been a lot going on for most everyone it seems as it has for me. 2015 was definitely challenging in many ways and very happy in others.

My husband has gone through some health issues from existing chronic things like diabetes etc. Finally got some of that straightened out. Got scarey. He lost about 35 pounds in a month or so. Couldn't eat hardly anything. Had every test known to man and finally was diagnosed to have a drug interaction with one of diabetes drugs he had been on for a long time. Took him off that one and went on insulin once a day and was like a miracle! Regained the lost weight and started feeling better almost overnight.

Now, major neck issues with spinal stenosis. Get to spend all day Monday sitting in hospital while he has testing done (myelogram).

Takes several hours to complete and then a few hours in intensive care to watch him. Probably will have neck surgery soon. ????. I guess we are at that stage with him where old injuries and ailments are coming to the forefront.

Also been the year of babies and joy for me! Elton John Ray and Iris Grace made their appearance 4 weeks apart this summer! post-108291-14523137495139_thumb.jpg post-108291-1452313814279_thumb.jpg

Me, on the other hand, just chucked it all to the wind and totally been eating pure junk diet!! Back up to where I started when we started this thread! ????. In the middle of a reset now , day 4, and not been as hard as I thought but I'm hungry! ????. I was relieved, though, when one day later I had lost five pounds! That let me know SOME of it was just pure bloat from the carb overload. Four days out I've lost 8 pounds which kinda freaks me out. I'm really watching carbs and low calorie and know that this loss is mostly Fluid but at least it's encouraging. Need to lose another 15 to get back to original goal. I am determined to do it because I can see at six years out how easily you can regain and just keep doing it!!

Good to read and catch up with all of my "old friends!" Hoping those of you who have had health issues the best and quick recoveries and better 2016s. Sarah, praying for your Dad!

I've followed Kim's motorcycle adventures on FB! You are braver than me!! ????????????

From my buds across "the pond", stay safe! Lots of crazy stuff going on these days. Going to Disney with family end of January who now have metal detectors too!!!

Let's kick ourselves in the butt and get going on a better and healthier 2016! Love to all!

post-108291-14523139493856_thumb.jpg

@@coops I also went through menopause really young. It kinda bummed me out but truth is I only have one symptom...and it's a bad one..the dryness thing...

@@Georgia what beautiful babes. .so good to hear from you!

More later...

Doing well on the 5:2 done three good fasts so far next one is tomo... down a 'real' pound - only put on a few xmas pounds and they've gone too... seeing 163 now... hoping the slow but steady keeps going. Still stepping too and drinking my Water - I am sure that is helping me feel better; using MFP really helps to stop sneaky cals getting in unnoticed too!

Hope you're all ok x

So glad to hear from everyone!

More from me later too...

Hiya all,

5:2 is going really well... I messed up my fast day yesterday but stuck with it today and came in just under 500! Happy Days.

We are starting a step challenge in work on Monday, and this year I am taking part... looking forward to getting those steps in. This UP band is highly addictive! I like seeing how much I move and when I move more I want to do more... seems I am quite a visual person. I am also realising that I am quite competitive too. I didn't think I was but I do like being at the top of the leaderboard...lol

work remains rubbish, I've started to look for another job - hoping over the next couple of weeks that a decent -ish school advertises. Trying not to let it get me down though... still doing my job well in the classroom but struggling to motivate to all the stuff outside the classroom!

Nothing else to report really... hope you're all ok x

Coops I'm impressed that you have a handle on things. Well done. Sorry about work and I hope something suitable comes up soon.

Hubby dropped a bombshell on Thursday night. I got home from work and he was here and it seems that him and his company have parted ways. It was mutual and he isn't too upset about it but it does mean that he is unemployed. It was a stressful job though and with the travelling added it was having a toil on him. The American big boss was over for the funeral of the MD Kevin stood in for, they couldn't agree on a couple of things so they decided to part ways. I'm in shock a bit cos I thought this might be a job he would be in til he retires, he will be 59 this year and jobs are hard to come by at that age.

I NEED to get back on 5:2 so please everyone give me a kick up the backside.

Cathy, consider your backside kicked...lol... I think I am fasting Tuesday and Thursday this week if you want to join me x

Kathy, that news would stress me out! I am sure it will all work out though!

I leave for monterrey and my new boob! I have been nervous. ..me and my anxiety! But it has turned to excitement. It is an event that represents "moving on" , my theme for 2016!

I actually feel great even though I did something to my back. Ouch

Few dates with a guy named Glen. ..I felt we had potential even though I am not really drawn to him...then I got the "pro Trump " rant and I just can't fathom it anymore. I am. It that political. ..but Trump? Trump?

Sheryl, that would put me right off... even if he looked like a God! *sighs*