Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sarah, we need to talk girlfriend! 

Plastics/cosmetic surgery was both the hardest damn thing and also life changing.  I can't really explain it, but I am SO excited for you! I have alot of advice, but I will hold off till you actually need it.

I was thinking about starting a post called "size denial" somewhere.  Forget about vanity sizing for a moment (ridiculous, but our reality), I keep telling people I wear a size 8 until I saw a horrifying photo of me in size 8 baggy ass jeans.  Today, I tried on several brands of jeans - and in all cases I fit a SIZE 4!!!! what?  Seriously, I am not tiny.  I am 5'5" and weigh in the low 140s.  I realize part of that is that the formerly super obese ( I started out over 50 BMI) have extra "weight" from our infrastructure - bones, extra veins and artery size etc. but it is still kinda wild.

So, is Florinda so deeply in love she doesn't have time to talk to us girls anymore???  ( I hope so!!!)

Sheryl, Any advice you want to share would be greatly appreciated! I feel like I've been researching and looking into this for so long that I'm ready but I also know that there will be many things I didn't and couldn't prepare for. You have been so honest and detailed about your plastics journey and I believe I've read everything you've written on threads. If there are things I need to know but you may not feel like you can put it out there for anyone and everyone, please do share!

I'm using this month to really concentrate on my nutrition and working even more on my cardio to keep my heart string for the surgery but more importantly the recovery. I am a little concerned about recovery and being able to eat more calories for the healing process but I figure I can drink more Protein Shakes and up my good fats to add calories.

I believe Florida is still on driving trip with her mom.

Wow so much going on

Happy 50 CGJ and glad Tino is still working out

Georgia the new pic looks awesome! Congrats on your 4 year verasy and at goal. Your an inspiration

Sar good for you on the Tummy Tuck amd lower body lift.

OD I didn't realize you were 60. I am 57 but you sound so much younger. I am smiling even more for you that you found Bill

Coops I am still fasting but scale has stopped moving. Think the carbs are sneaking back in. How u doing?

Stay in touch ladies! Be blessed!

And Kim you are probably beter than you think. Enjoy your dancing. I smile thinking of you dancing with veils

Imagine my big butt prancing around zumba class. Lots of arms. I swear my arm flapsa are gonna hit me in the face.

Let's keep dancing!

Let's keep dancing...I love that!!

Haha Sheryl! Keeping the dogs in a Kennel outside.... Lil'Sukie has a line drawn that she cant sleep on the dining room table or french kiss (very often!) Thats about it. We actually found her stretched out on the kitchen table when she was younger when we got home from someplace...and pissed on Craigs head when she was mad at him. We lived in a convirted loft, the upstairs were rows of 2 x 4s... you could see some light through the cracks downstairs... you gussed it, she went up stairs, aimed and fired. Craig was doing the dishes when from "somewhere" his head was getting dripped on. I laughed my head off! He was in a huff over something and she really did not like it. Little dogs were bread to be companions. (and ratters!) Here she is "Praying" for pets.

post-110343-0-13978300-1402062111_thumb.jpg

Edited by feedyoureye

I laughed my head off over the Sukie story!!!

Suzy has never done anything like that, she is a lover.  She snuggles right up to me all the time and if I am not available, she isn't opposed to finding someone else.

Tino stayed the night after my birthday which kinda sucked because i hardly got any sleep and I had early meetings the next day.  I am a light sleeper and so used to sleeping alone it was tough.  But, one of the funny things was I wake up in the middle of the night in a tiny corner of the bed. I see Tino sleeping cross ways on my king size bed... he is a 6'2" tall over 200# guy so taking his half out of the middle.  Then I realize, Suzy is right smack in the middle of the bed using him as a warmer and of course he is making room for her. I told him it is allowed to move the dog...haha.  Then, next morning I got up, did my chores, took a shower etc and came back in to find him back asleep with Suzy all snuggled into his arms... the little hussy.  LOL

Yes, he needs some education on a few topics, but a good guy who apparently animals love since mine mob him just like they mob everybody who comes through the door. I did kick the cat out because that is just too much going on when I am trying to sleep. Most nights it is me, Suzy and the cat in the bed and the big dog on the floor at the foot of the bed.  Can't wait till my kid is home from college and his cat has someone else to focus on.

Okay, back down to 141 this morning.  I think the swelling is down from my fall.  I have been eating really well though so I am keeping fingers crossed I can just maintain right about here. I feel like I look good.  I apparently wear a size 4 pants but my upper body doesn't get any smaller - another reason to not lose more.... disappearing ass so getting more top heavy looking.

Keep on dancing - love it!!!

I am gonna keep on riding (and boating!)

My emotional state has been so good, it is really wonderful.  However yesterday I had an anxiety trigger after a wonderful day at work - and it wasn't good.  It is a reminder that I used to feel that way everyday and how much I hated it.  Getting to feel emotionally good, having that experience, makes me realize how much I want that and am highly motivated to make lifestyle changes as needed to maintain that as well as possible. It seems like without the medications i couldn't get to that state of mind to even realize how bad it was.

Sarah, I think you know everything that comes with plastics, I will just be here to remind you that you heal slower than you think, to take it easy. If in doubt, don't lift it. If in doubt, rest. If in doubt, give it more time.  I am on a Facebook page with a bunch of Dr Sauceda patients and it is just about universally true that the ones with complications are the ones who were feeling so good, bragging about all the stuff they were doing fairly early out.  People like me who whined and moaned about how awful it was sitting around, feeling sorta blue about it, watching hundreds of hours of tv and movies etc... they are the ones that did not have complications.

I had more procedures done at once - but the Lower Body Lift is the root of all this.  It really takes alot out of you - and that lasts long after the stitches are removed and the wound looks healed. The internal healing is slower because all that fascia has to regrow and repair.  I think the same would be true of a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

Wanda, that's sweet of you to say that I sound young.

I am acutally 61 and will be 62 in October. I can't even believe that. I feel young, other than when my back or neck are killing me. I know that exercise is one of the keys to staying young.

I wish Floridna would check in! I just love our group and everyone in it. I love dancing and I love that "keep on dancing" I can't do zumba and I loved it but it hurt my knees, back, and neck. I loved ballroom dance, but I've gotten away from it since Bill hates to dance. So I go to a local bar where my friends play in a band on tues nights and dance my behind off. Bill knows tues are for my own time.

Sarah, if I can add any help to Sheryl's advice please shout - didn't have the lower body lift so she is defo the one for that...

Good luck and look forward to a whirl wind ride - but I can guarantee that it is all so very worth it! My TT and BL defo changed my life for the better; physically and mentally.

Kim, your dog sounds almost human - love the peeing story. It is great having a pet isn't it!

And you are right about the pesky scale - they continue to taunt me and haunt me...lol... I am, once again, bouncing around the place. Had a real good fast day Tues, but today has gone a bit silly - never mind!

Denise, I love dancing too... especially in the pub! But unfortunately, I am not that good at it... but who cares!

We are taking Betty and 3 of her friends to Wembley Stadium tomorrow to see One Direction - it is gonna be an adventure for sure... and they are soooo looking forward to it!

Not sure what Steve and I are going to do whilst they watch the concert - but as we are in and around London we might just take advantage and so some sight seeing? I suppose it will depend in timing but we will defo get some food out! No fast day tomo - haha!

Having a bad day. Not eating. ..I need to eat as it will make my energy better. Having a little broken heart resurgence which is stupid.

12 mile bike ride with the hubs today! I love bike riding! Here's a before and after.

post-112250-0-19413600-1402181832_thumb.jpg

post-112250-0-52661200-1402181892_thumb.jpg

Edited by sarsar