Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG my heart just grew three sizes...thanks coops and Cathy!! xoxoxoox

Yey - Cathy that is a lush photo - and yea, had a great afternoon... really good to chat in person!! Thank you! 'Til next time x

Check out page 6 of 7 on Vets forum to the thread asking if hunger returned I tried to ask very nicely for non vets to not post and I got a bitchy reply.

I am ignoring but this is the kind of crap that at times makes me wonder... I reply to at least 3 private messages a week from newbies. I have done phone calls etc. And one place for vet topics and people simply cannot leave it be.

Such an adorable picture. I am so glad the two of you could meet! I hope this is going to be a regular thing for you two!

I thought Alex had the web cababliities to stop anyone from posting untless they were a year from their surgery date. I remember him talking about this in the moderator forum. I will check it out and read what's going on over there.

Hi ladies. So nice u got a chance to meet. I have not caught up on all the previous post. Really busy. My company has been downsizing for the past few years. I have been missed so far but the axe is getting closer. Well if one door closes another will open.my mom is settling in to the nursing home. I feel better about it because they can take better care of her than I can. I have started rehearsals for my play. That will be fun. Trying to get my daughter to do 5:2 with me. We have a pac to leave the sweets during the week and enjoy a treat on the weekend. I have stopped at a low weight for me. Its all good. Stay stong ladies

I accidentally posted a reply in the men's room due to the stupid way this site is laid out...so I know why it happens but the attitude about the veteran forum is hostile even when you try to gently remind and request.

I am overwhelmed recently by private messages etc. One pre op I have replied to like 4 messages and talked to her on the phone for 30 minutes.... and now she wants more. I am beginning to really understand why many vets go into hiding

Love the picture use and Cathy! So glad you were able to meet in person.

Back in work after the Easter break and I feel like I've been run over - goodness me! What a day! And fasting today... so far so good... chicken salad for tea, so that will keep me to my allowance!

Well, I'm sitting on the beach I. Myrtle Beach SC and being bad. :). You know those biscotti cookie things they serve in air flights ? Well, that started it off. Ha! Anyway, the hubs and I are here til Friday. Came last Thursday. Had a travel certificate that expired in may so we used it.

Sad to say, though, if you've seen the news/weather last night we lost at least 16 people from a mile wide tornado that ripped through at least three communities FOUR MILES FROM MY HOUSE Needless to say, we were on edge all night because our daughter and grand girls were there in the same area. Looking at the footage today, it's utter devastation. Crossed over the Interstate as well. So say a prayer for AR Communities of Mayflower and Vilonia this week.

Here's me in the beach. Been sitting here for now 4 hours and loving it but I have a hard time sitting still!!!! Feel guilty. :(.

post-108291-0-04978500-1398709002_thumb.jpg

Love your hat Georgia!

Lovely afternoon with a lovely lady. Thank you Coops.

attachicon.gif:

Could you guys look any cuter!? I wish I was there with ya. Maybe some day.

As you might tell, I have not been on the Vets forum for at least a week. I have gotten out of the habit... have been spending all my net time on the Ancestry.com site... hours a day! I know, its one thing to move a thread, but keeping the little dickins off posting is HARD to do. I put in reminders now and then, and NO ONE seems to notice. I understand, you really can't get that you don't know everything, and things will change for you soon enough when you are early out. The Vets forum should be like the zoo... you can look but don't get in the cage with the animals! Yes, we might bite!

Sorry I have been out so much, just so busy with several projects... Fasted Monday... I have to say that the fast day or two a week had kept my weight in the ballpark... I have been a pound over bounce, but just went back in to the zone. Playing a little fast and loose with the guidelines lately... I have not been able to lose the 5 pounds the Doc wants to see off.. but at least still at goal. Wanda, I am so impressed you are working on a play! So cool. If you put some footage on youtube or something, let us know!

Sheryl. I soooo wish I could drop 5-10! Not because of depression though.. I lost 35 pounds once from depression.. it was the only upside! Now days if I am depressed I want to eat more! Not fair! Taking a couple of days off this week to visit with friends from out of town. Denise, wish we could have met for coffee while you were in Sac, maybe next time girl.

Stick with it ladies, summer is around the corner, its going to be in the 90s this week here.... Love ya!

It's really weird, I started feeling a little down maybe Sunday night? but just a little and what it really felt like was being a bit tired. I had tentative plans with Steven but was relieved when he cancelled them as I was pretty done in from a busy weekend and just wanted to chill - so it wasn't really feeling down, more just kinda needing to recharge.

And then Monday after work I felt very very tired like I couldn't do anything. I decided to just relax even though i had a million things to do. I got a great night's sleep without taking a thing - not even melatonin - and this morning I feel pretty down. It makes no sense to me and I know the counselor is going to ask me what the trigger was and I just have no idea. It is very frustrating because it just doesn't make sense to me. Well, and I don't like feeling this way. i am not despondant or anything, just kinda blue and low motivation.

Well, I have one theory. I finally got my physical therapy appointment on Monday midday and this lady is really good. I found out about a bunch of issues that I have. Maybe I just feel sad to learn my details about how beat up my body really is? I feel so young at heart and people say i look young, but those decades of obesity have taken a toll. I know it is a waste of energy to grieve that, but I think I do. Ever since that injury at the gym, it has been like a cascade of problems. My knees and back and neck have been killing me. I try to ignore it, but truth is I am not feeling that great right now physically.

We are forecast to get great weather this week - like in the 80s - which should make me feel happy and upbeat as I love that kind of weather, but it doesn't.

Georgia, I am so sorry about the losses. Tornados are so scary to me, I have never lived anywhere that has em.

I hope you all are doing great. I have been maintaining right about 143-144 weight so i hope I can hang onto that. It feels tenuous. I don't know why, but somehow I just don't feel "strong" right now. I have been ignoring all the private messages I get, I have been avoiding negative people in my life - do you ever get that feeling like the well is just running dry?

Edited by CowgirlJane

Sheryl, I am surprised that many people expect so much out of you, re: private messages. You should write something out and copy and paste it into your replies. Say you're sorry that you don' t have the time you would like to respond, but with working full time and a busy life, it's just not possible. Don't let these people suck up your time.

I saw that news about the tornado. I just can't even imagine having to go through that. People's houses completely leveled. It's just so sad.

Feed, I am going to PM you. I am going to be down town Sacramento with w2 hours to kill while Bill is at the doctor.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Any of you guys seen the post about Susan and surgery in Mexico (sorry on ipad cannot post link). It is not long ago she was co- ordinating for surgery there. I wonder how long out she is from surgery, again on ipad cannot see statistics. She must be worried or in a bad way to come on here and diss surgery in Mexico.

Which forum Cathy? I thought Susan was a vet so why surgery now?

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/306043-think-twice-no-think-100-times-before-having-surgery-in-mexico/

I can post a link with a kindle!

Edited:
Okay, she went to Dr Aceves and sounds like she has the same problem that Irene (little miss Diva) does and she went to him too. I thought Aceves was known for small sleeves and frankly seemed like good results. Not sure who the other surgeon is she mentions.

I need to re-read her post to figure out if the complication is really a small sleeve related or what. My surgeon was cautious about small sleeves with the theory that it could lead to problems later. It still scares me just a little... that down the road I too may need to revise to the bypass, the very procedure i didn't ever want.

Anyway, what a huge freaking bummer.

Edited by CowgirlJane