Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

thanks Denise...

glad you liked Bill's son... always a good thing and a step in the right direction!

Butter chicken is mild, but I would also ask for recommendations when you order. In spite of the name, Butter chicken is actually one of the healthier Indian dishes...LOL. That stuff is not diet food..haha. I like the flavors of Indian food very much but can't handle much heat either. The stars thing help, but sometimes the base dish is spicy so even though you order it as a 1-2 star, it can still be spicy. I think it was vindiloo that happened to me with - anyway there are mild dishes that are quite delish.

I personally despise most chinese food because it is greasy and has MSG or something that makes me feel gross. I do love a good dim sum place though!

I have been eating at restaurants a lot the last few weeks because it seems like it helps my appetite. I feel like i am eating pretty normally now so expect the weight loss to stop. I am not sure if I will be able to maintain at 141-142 range but would like to stay under 145 if I can. It surprised me how much these last few vanity pounds seem to make a difference, i can't see it but people around me are definately telling me they see it. I luckily didn't lose more off my butt. I can't find my tape measure, but I think I finally lost some off the waist etc where I actually need to lose it! Jeans I wore all last summer have a huge gap in the waist now which is great.

I am feeling better... I think. Cautious optimism continues...

Shelia, yea, Fosters is larger! She loves it... not like her mother who loves a cold cider! I did have a nice birthday, to be honest, I enjoyed watching Betty and her friends have a laugh... a few of them spent time with me too ... basically watching me prepare the food...lol...I celebrated 'my' birthday the next day in the pub! Hahahaaaa... I've down loaded some pics from Paris, Mini Cooper ...lol

You look soooo cute! And tiny!!!!!!

thanks Georgia... starting to feel better about myself now - wouldn't go so far as tiny, but smaller...lol... still want to shift at least another 14lbs though, but the last bit of me is reluctant to budge.

Not been great with 5:2 this week - had some low cal days; over 500 but under 1000. My daughter is really poorly at the moment. She has a nasty viral infection that is really taking its toll on her. I am also busy with work; went in for two days and I have a fair bit of admin to do before we start back on Monday so I don't think that I will get a proper fast in now.

When I am back in work I will be able to do a proper fast day... just need the scale to get back to the lowest number - still in my bounce range at the moment - and then I am hoping to break a new number. By the end of May work related stress will be less as our year 11 exam kids would have left us and that will give me some free time to do paper work and marking in school instead of at home... that means I will have more time, and hopefully energy, to go to the gym etc.

I've been looking at holidays and would love to go away feeling chuffed that I've reached a good weight for me, basically under 11 stone or 154lb... that would certainly help me rock my two piece with confidence!

On the topic of curry - I am not a huge fan of curry, but I do make my own which is scrummy. I use the spices that I like and the quantity that is good for my taste buds - quorn or chicken is the best for me. The family enjoy it too! When I use the quorn it makes a great 5:2 meal - we don't have rice, I do the cauliflower rice ....hmm, starting to fancy it now I am typing it!

Looking forward to meeting Cathy tomo - gonna have a coffee, peruse the shops and a good ole natter... happy days!

Enjoy Friday everyone!

Give Cathy big cwthches from all of us!!

Okay, so I LOVE curries of ALL kinds... But for Indian-non-lovers, I agree with Sheryl about Butter chicken, it's DELISH and not spicy (sometimes called Chicken Makhani in the US too) -- but you can always order Tandoori and it's not spicy either, and quite healthy.

I did one 5:2 this week...which is more than I've done in more than a month. So here's to slow re-boots...

Loves to all. <3

Good for you Dee - c'mon, lets re-boot together! And I lurve the way you said cwtches...shamazeballs! x

I want to go to the UK as a tourist but I may need to take English lessons first. :)

Confession on something here - I never really thought that losing a few more pounds would make a difference, but based on reaction of people around me, I would say it does. I felt like I looked fine before, but being down another 8-10# just gets rid of a little extra around the waist or something. I am not sure how hard this will be to maintain since i didn't lose it in a normal way. I am eating again and keep expecting the pounds to inch back on, but we shall see.

I had a bit of an emotionally stressful day yesterday but i am hanging in there.

Wondering how everybody is doing and hope you have a good weekend!

Sheryl, you'd be just fine... folk would probably love your accent as it is!

Stressed out with the move, movers coming Wednesday but we haven't exchanged yet. I have been assured that everything will be OK. I have only done 1 5:2 day this week but that is better than non. Carb monster is still calling me.

I am so looking forward to seeing Sue tomorrow, I don't know anyone else (in person) who has had WLS so it is going to be so nice just to talk naturally, this is because very few people know of my surgery so I am often on guard when speaking so that I don't let slip.

It seems that we have been quiet on here recently, let's have a role call and a group hug!!

Hi all,

I've been talking to Bill's step mom. She was a nurse practioner/midwife and she feels that it's next to impossible for his ex to be pregnant at 53. The ex is a nurse and I guess she had told the step mom when they met, that she would do anything to keep Bill. She would have access to positive maternity tests and could easily photo copy someone's and change the name .

I hate being away from the scale. I have been trying not to eat the wrong foods but not being able to weight every day makes me think I am gaining weight. I probably won't even get home until Tuesday.

I am so glad you're feeling better Sheryl. And I'm happy that 2 of our gals in our group are going to be able to meet! That's awesome!

Cathy and Sue....you better take some pics for us and post them. How fun they you get to meet!

Sheryl I'm glad you are also on the vets forum to help watch over it. I've been staying off of their bc it drives me crazy to see people posting when they aren't a vet. Personally I don't even want people replying that aren't vets. If I want a reply from a newbie to something posted I would post it on the regular forum. I like it to be a place just for vets alone.

I was actually surprised myself what a difference just 10 pounds mAde.

I feel the same way, and I am not even sure why it is such a pet peeve.

It guess we tend to be sorta okay with the replies by non vets, and it seems like when you even mention the "rules" people get a little huffy. What they don't seem to understand is that if vets don't have a place... they fade away. At least when newbies start threads - they need to be moved and that helps some.

Back in my lapband days the vets forums (it was a yahoo group then) were always hidden to stop this kind of thing. Oh yeah, and if i had read just how many problems people a year out where having I would have never been banded so it is a public service that a vets forum is for general viewing.

Sheryl I'm glad you are also on the vets forum to help watch over it. I've been staying off of their bc it drives me crazy to see people posting when they aren't a vet. Personally I don't even want people replying that aren't vets. If I want a reply from a newbie to something posted I would post it on the regular forum. I like it to be a place just for vets alone.
I was actually surprised myself what a difference just 10 pounds mAde.

Lovely afternoon with a lovely lady. Thank you Coops.

post-127909-0-55140500-1398529584_thumb.jpg

Oh what a wonderful photo! Looks like you two really connected. .what lovely girls you are!!!