Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There are online places that tell you how to adjust the levels...I had a resmed I gave to my son. Google it. You can buy a new mask online without a prescription.

Kelly gave me a link to the website and I think we can order a mask from there. It had just come and he really wanted to use it last night. The machine itself is much quieter.

I just don't understand if these machines are supposed to stop snoring, why he can still snore so loudly while wearing this one or his old  mask. I know it's helping him breathe while he sleeps, but he still snores regardless.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Kelly gave me a link to the website and I think we can order a mask from there. It had just come and he really wanted to use it last night. The machine itself is much quieter. I just don't understand if these machines are supposed to stop snoring, why he can still snore so loudly while wearing this one or his old mask. I know it's helping him breathe while he sleeps, but he still snores regardless.

OD, if the machine is not calibrated and his mask/machine is old and not fitting properly they WILL snore. Very irritating. Clyde does it too and I have to tell him to "fix" his mask or roll over!!! And sounds like your guy hasn't had a sleep study in some years Probably DOES need one.

I am glad the machine arrived safely - and sorry that you are both not sleeping soundly just yet. I know my sleep docs told me that masks, filters, hoses, etc need to be replaced every six months - that new mask style that was in the case was a bit small on my head so I am sure it is for Bill as well.

Sheryl is right - you should be able to order supplies online with no problem, but he should probably have another sleep study - that way he can bring that machine with and they can calibrate it for him so he has the correct pressure.

I got sick of sleep studies. I learned how to adjust...Google it! Basically it's the balance tween snoring and blowing your sinuses out. Haha. I suggest he goes up a few notches. Get a proper mask that Fits!

On the band to sleeve forum people talk of bad gas bloating, no feeling of restriction and urgent bowel even a year post op. I do get diarrhea from a Protein Drink and have to give it a rest for awhile but otherwise don't experience these things. .do you?

I am over 3 years out and even now, if I attempt to eat a medium sized orange, about halfway through I get warning signs to stop and feel Thanksgiving turkey stuffed for HOURS. Also over-easy eggs and baked chicken and hamburger patties give me this feeling. I am seriously anti-starches and bread is VERY BIG NO NO, however that being said, I have broken down on occasion and had glorious glorious bread and interestingly, it isn't a slider food, if I eat one dinner roll, I am nauseatingly full for hours.

I have filed a formal complaint against the team leader whose job I now have, and now I fear retaliatory behavior from the interlinked admin males who always cover for each other while hanging the women out to dry.

If I stay here for another 4 months that represents a YEAR'S rent, but can I withstand another 4 months of this?

Just popping in here ladies with some good news....

I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!!

As of yesterday, I had my last class. So now, in addition to my bachelor's degree (from oh, 20 years ago) I will now hold a Certificate of Web Tools! Woo hoo!!!

It's been a long time (a year basically of school) and I won't actually have my certificate until May, when they will mail it to me. Now my biggest obstacle will be finding a job....sigh. I'm going to continue to freelance until I can find a full or part-time job and I'm actually thinking I will apply at some temp agencies.

Anyway, that is my big news, my big update. Sunday was a really great eating day then sort of notsomuch yesterday. I can't seem to be consistent. Ugh!

Florinda, I hope you don't get hung out to dry over your complaint...I really wish you could get out of there, and soon! Hugs!

Denise, good luck with the CPAP hunt and sleep studies, I think Bill sounds like he worth ironing out the the kinks with this whole thing in order for you to get a good night's sleep!

I know I'm missing some other posts...sorry!

Oh and I almost forgot:

I earned a 4.0 for the entire year. That means that every single class I took I got an A in. Wow, makes me feel confident!

Florinda...I've been through hell and back with work. I mean...really. If you can stick it out, it won't damage you any more than you feel it's already done, you'll have money in the bank, and a few months/years from now, you'll realise how much you grew from the experience. Just my $0.02... ;-)

Sheila -- CONGRATS!! 4.0 is amazing. Well done you!

I haven't had time to catch up with everything else. I miss it, and you all, and life has been insanely busy.

Had my three-year post-op today (post-care is sooooo good here, I am in it for life) and dr this time told me not to lose anymore, despite weighing exactly what I did last year, when I said (and she agreed) that I could lose 3-5 kg more. ?? Anyhow, all labs good, but now low on B-12 and have to have injections every three months. I guess it's normal this far out, cos the thing that makes you absorb B-12 is produced by your stomach...and if you have less stomach... Apart from that, all good. I DO want to still lose 3-5 kg more, but likely what I need to do is get back to the gym and tighten things up again. Mid-section is all flabby.

Have not fasted for months. Nor gone to gym. Been stressed and working too much. Net result? Not much difference... I am confused... But my trousers have a muffin-top for reals, and I'm not having it!! ;-)

ETA: Oh and thyroid was high again (TSH), so I have to double up on the thyroid for a bit. I hope it helps with the fatigue...

Edited by swizzly

Found out i have pretty significant arthritic changes in my hip. Injection today and next is physical therapy. I am pretty blue about it. It's funny, I accepted excess skin as part of the price I had to pay for the decades of obesity. I was prepared to live with it even if I couldn't have plastics. Somehow, all this joint damage (on top of two knees with no cartledge left) is just a reminder of how much I have hurt myself being so fat for so long. I will get over my pity party soon, but for right now I am grieving for the things I have lost to obesity. It is funny that I never went through these emotions while losing weight. ... I think it is just that i look so freaking normal now that sometimes I believe that I am... but it is an illusion. Doesn't matter how good you look, underneath the hood is still someone at least somewhat disabled... and my future life continues to be impacted by obesity.

Found out i have pretty significant arthritic changes in my hip. Injection today and next is physical therapy. I am pretty blue about it. It's funny, I accepted excess skin as part of the price I had to pay for the decades of obesity. I was prepared to live with it even if I couldn't have plastics. Somehow, all this joint damage (on top of two knees with no cartledge left) is just a reminder of how much I have hurt myself being so fat for so long. I will get over my pity party soon, but for right now I am grieving for the things I have lost to obesity. It is funny that I never went through these emotions while losing weight. ... I think it is just that i look so freaking normal now that sometimes I believe that I am... but it is an illusion. Doesn't matter how good you look, underneath the hood is still someone at least somewhat disabled... and my future life continues to be impacted by obesity.

I partially agree with you Sheryl, and I know you certainly be up "living large" again soon, but I also think in terms of what we STOPPED from happening. Like HBP, sleep apnea, diabetes, hopefully reduced chances of stroke and heart attack. And I've seen a lot of skinny people with hip and knee eeplacements. Runners. Ha!!

I can totally understand how you feel Sheryl - and agree with Georgia that through this process we have significantly changed our lives and health for the better! My health was going downhill fast - I smoked 2 packs of cigs a day for 28+ years and quit for good at the start of this journey. I'll take this opportunity to blab about myself a bit lol.

While my hubby sailed through his sleeve surgery with no complications - and was out running while mowing the lawn 4 days post surgery - I had some pretty sever complications that required multiple blood transfusions and a week in the hospital - only to arrive home and have to go back to the ER because an incision site opened up and I guess I had what seemed like gallons of blood in a 'void' in my abdominal area - whatever the heck that means.

Two weeks after surgery my left knee completely blew out - it was agony. I have had lateral ligament reconstruction on the right side to rebuild a destroyed ankle and my ortho thinks that decades of super morbid obesity and shifting weight to favor one side basically ate up the left side too - The MRI showed bone on bone. Years of 300+ on 5' 3 " of person is pretty rough for my poor old body to handle. I can totally commiserate with orthopedic/arthritis issues - it very bothersome.

I get crabby that I still am not at goal - but I will get there darn it! My measurements are good - cept that my stupid extra skin accounts for 6-7 inches more in the waist area on most clothing size charts - Ah well - perhaps someday I too will get this little floppy flat tire removed - until then I am great with the skinny jeans - slouchy top - a look I enjoy and is also comfortable.

I still cant really see myself - but its getting better. Feeling prettier, taking much more effort with my appearance, learning to treat myself better. I am just so relieved to feel good, to not wake up in pain, to be able to walk down the street without sweating and breathing hard, to look people in the eye on the street and not be afraid of the judgment.

I guess this process will always be unfolding - and I think we all are in a very unique position. No I will never have the body or youth of a model, and that is okay. I have really messed up my body in so many ways that cannot be undone.

Considering where I was 2 years ago, and where I am today - and my hubby as well - we are literally, completely different people. We are unrecognizable to people who knew us well - and so are you guys :) If we didn't change ASAP - we would both find an early grave

I am sorry you are feeling down. Though it brings to mind one of my favorite quotes.

"If I could but step outside myself

and contemplate the person that I truly am,

I would at once know what envy is."

Hang in there, things will feel better soon.

151 this morning - holding steady! I have not been fasting and I have been "depressed" so I am pretty pleased to be hanging on to a good weight.

I have decided to go on antidepressants since starting about Monday I have been hit with what really feels like depression. I mean, this is more than feeling little bouts of anxiety or blues. I am also going to increase my counseling even thought i am not a big believer in it... I need to do SOMETHING different. I had a long phone call with the counselor I see (she is psychologist + ARNP so can manage meds too) yesterday and her words were helpful. She thinks that whatever it is that made it possible for me to live for 15 years with someone who showed me so little affection and ... well... it's a long story... but that same determined will is perhaps why i didn't experience the loss of food during the weight loss phase but am going through it now. I have no desire to binge, food gives me no special pleasure. I think I have found substitutes - staying active, friends, exercise, horses etc but there is clearly a degree of emotional upset that I am going through beyond anything I experienced during the weight loss phase or even most of maintenance. I am sure it is weight loss related, but i am kinda with swizz that it is more of a mid life crisis thing.

Anyway, haven't even started meds, but i feel better already.

Work is going pretty good but my world is just too isolated. I live in the country... alone. I work from home 99% of the time... on the phone, but basically alone. I used to go out alot - whether it was dating or going to meetup events or even just meeting friends or going shopping solo. I have either stopped or do the bare minimum of all that so I am too isolated. As the extroverted Gemini that i am, it is making me feel lonely!

How is everyone doing? Spring is in the air, in theory this should be a good time of year to be getting fitter, eating fresh foods and all that good stuff!

Good for you, Sheryl, for pursuing your own peace of mind and mental health. It's way too important to ignore. Do what it takes to get you some happy again. I'm all for it!

I am with you about the isolation thing. I'm very bad at it. I hate living in the countryside, I live in the center of town. I don't like working from home except on the occasions when I need to seriously focus on something uninterrupted. I enjoy working with and around a team of people and feeling like I'm in the mix, know what I mean? Any chance of switching to the office more -- or moving house?

Good luck with the pursuit of happiness!! I think you'll find answers and epiphanies and feel awesome again soon... <3