Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know this is off topic - but I gotta tell you - my daughter applied to joined the Police Cadets and she has been accepted! So proud and chuffed for her as she wants to follow in her dad's footsteps and become a regular police officer so this is the first step! Just so proud!

Chuffed??? I say amazingballs (lol is that how you say it?) I'm so happy for you guys!

That's what my daughter wants to ultimately do too. We have some strong girls :)

Coops that is great. Feel proud, you have the right, as it is under your influence she has turned out to be the person she is.

I am on a roll this morning... posting away.

I went into the office yesterday.  My size 8 slacks about fell off me - realized I haven't worn them since June... so either losing those last 8 pounds or plastics or both... maybe I do wear a six now - at least for some brands. I hate baggy butt and too loose of a waist pants!

A guy i work with his trying to get me to go to lunch with him. That is a normal activity, but we haven't worked TOGETHER in about 10 years so this is definately a social thing.  He is fine, but I don't date people I work with AND I am not wowed by  him either. Nice guy though so I did agree to coffee. Anyway, this is a brand NEW situation for me. I have worked there for 21 years and this is the first time I recall being pursued.  Okay, after I got to about 170# I started getting the "oh wow, you look hot" but those were from friends/guys who meant it as a compliment and not looking for a date.   I need to figure out how to nicely say.. not interested.

CGJ I work with individuals that are looking for their significant other and I always tell them it will take awhile...

They will have to meet at least a 100 people and that it's a long process. But some find their significant other really fast.. :P

I love your go get itness! Keep it up and you will find the right man.....

COOPS and LAURA congrats with your daughters having a spectacular goal like this! Simply amazeballs! My daughter works for Pet Smart and is a mananger and her dream is to have children and have her husband support her....this scares me because I'm afraid she'll get lost....I know this is my problem and I'm trying to be happy for her....

Brown and CGJ I am so sorry your sabotaged by all the tempting chocolates at the work place. But the more you resist the stronger you become...

Now I have to go to the Guest Bars home and cancel my orders before I forget. It's due time.....

Yesterday I noticed that I have been grazing all day, even when I'm not hungry. When I'm full, it gets harder for me to swallow and I have been ignoring that sensation and I got nauseous. I thought this is a great lesson that I need to recognize and just throw the remaining food away. So within an hour, I decided to eat some peanuts.....my body immediately produced a strong sneeze and then it clicked.....I threw the remainder of the peanuts in the trash.........Went to have dinner with a friend and ordered 2 fried eggs with bacon and fruit.....the food tasted horrible so I threw 3/4ths of it away. Today as I was reflecting back. I'm having an emotional time with my daughter getting married and my DH telling her she needs to move out if she's doing well enough to get married.......so I'm really feeling the stress and really want to binge I guess. This is so sad.  I feel lost with myself right now.  I'm sorry to burden you guys with this.....it really sucks and it's Xmas right around the corner......bahhhhhhhhhhhhh humbug!

Laura ven my husband wants her to move out bc she's married and he believes if they make a decision to get married then they should be able to get their own place. It's confusing to me bc she and her boyfriend are living here right now. So I'm surprised he made that provision with them getting married. He believes that they will not leave.  She and her BF want to move to oregon bc it's cheaper to live there....in January....but I am being respectful and my DD blames me because I'm the one that has set boundaries with her and he won't.  So sad.....

Ater she gets married

Laura ven my husband wants her to move out bc she's married and he believes if they make a decision to get married then they should be able to get their own place. It's confusing to me bc she and her boyfriend are living here right now. So I'm surprised he made that provision with them getting married. He believes that they will not leave. She and her BF want to move to oregon bc it's cheaper to live there....in January....but I am being respectful and my DD blames me because I'm the one that has set boundaries with her and he won't. So sad..... Ater she gets married

He want them to move out before January??

Before they move to Oregon??

Can't he wait till they are ready.. If he fears they won't leave ever have them draw up a contract with their intent and sign it to show him they have a plan..

Office Goodies.jpgK one more try

Oh that's not not good!

I would be in serious distress over seeing that daily! The only good thing I see there? Those cheap asses are charging for that crap! :P

If it were free? Would be like "oh you must grab you mustn't pass up free food it might come in handy"

...yea, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I want to make sure there are some snickers bars in my coat pockets just in case! 

We had a guest staying here the last couple of days, and it shot my fast day all to hell, then this morning I got up early and made scones, healthy ones, but still 300 cals each... I ate two before 9am! I'm not even sure how I fit them into my stomach! Then I snacked on some potato chips... guest food! I really had no self control this morning.. I somehow managed to pull in the reins later in the day, and ate like a fast day to just get back on track...and stayed within my MFP goals... but really, this morning was crazy head behavior. It was as easy as falling off a log eating those two scones. Well, I did get in a bunch of Fiber in!!! Thats for sure! 22gms!

This week has been a mis match for me... hubby' birthday food on Monday, good fast days on Tue and Thur then pizza last night to Celebrate Betty's Police Cadet acceptance.  Now it is the weekend and I am not hungry at the moment.  I still have the dreaded man flu so I haven't been to the gym this week - it is also manic in work at the moment and my energy levels are really low and it is sooooo cold - and that doesn't help either!

I'm not saying I'm off track, but I don't 'feel' on track either if that makes sense.

My bounce has started already - so I know I need a little more vigilance on my feast days for sure.  I really wanted to see my surgeon's goal for Christmas, but I don't think that will happen looking over my 5:2 pattern of losing.  Never mind - it will come in the New Year!

On a side note a friend in work - who is a dear friend and I love her to bits has done well on the 'conventional' slimming world diet - she's lost just over 3 stone - 42lbs and is looking fab. Others have told her that she is too skinny but I don't think so, she is really tall and has lovely long legs so she can carry herself well, oh!   and she is young too!

She is aware that I am struggling to get to my target weight (she doesn't know about the sleeve) and now she is complaining that she is under her target weight! And that if she doesn't put weight ON she will have to start paying again - she goes to a weekly club thing.  She's lost it all through diet and no exercise.

This did one on my  head to be honest - insensitive? Or just completely in  her own weight loss bubble?  Here's me struggling like hell and she knows it - she knows I do the 5:2 and exercise, and she just kept on about being under her target!  Arghhhhh ...

I dunno - I was a little sharp with her and told her to just drop her target weight and not and not pay.  She said: 'Nah, I'll just have a Snickers bar!' - What?  really? FFS!!!!

Ok... rant over... sorry but momentarily that really p*ssed me off!

...yea, when the zombie apocalypse comes, I want to make sure there are some snickers bars in my coat pockets just in case! We had a guest staying here the last couple of days, and it shot my fast day all to hell, then this morning I got up early and made scones, healthy ones, but still 300 cals each... I ate two before 9am! I'm not even sure how I fit them into my stomach! Then I snacked on some potato chips... guest food! I really had no self control this morning.. I somehow managed to pull in the reins later in the day, and ate like a fast day to just get back on track...and stayed within my MFP goals... but really, this morning was crazy head behavior. It was as easy as falling off a log eating those two scones. Well, I did get in a bunch of fiber in!!! Thats for sure! 22gms!

Yes! Emergencies! That's my thought process.

I would say I'm a food hoarder in that way...

But that's not quite right either because it never stays around long enough to actually call it a "hoard" :P

This time of year is just plain hard out routines are so out of whack.. I like things perfect all the stars to line up on my fast days no diversions!

Yeah, good luck Laura.

This week has been a mis match for me... hubby' birthday food on Monday, good fast days on Tue and Thur then pizza last night to Celebrate Betty's Police Cadet acceptance. Now it is the weekend and I am not hungry at the moment. I still have the dreaded man flu so I haven't been to the gym this week - it is also manic in work at the moment and my energy levels are really low and it is sooooo cold - and that doesn't help either! I'm not saying I'm off track, but I don't 'feel' on track either if that makes sense. My bounce has started already - so I know I need a little more vigilance on my feast days for sure. I really wanted to see my surgeon's goal for Christmas, but I don't think that will happen looking over my 5:2 pattern of losing. Never mind - it will come in the New Year! On a side note a friend in work - who is a dear friend and I love her to bits has done well on the 'conventional' slimming world diet - she's lost just over 3 stone - 42lbs and is looking fab. Others have told her that she is too skinny but I don't think so, she is really tall and has lovely long legs so she can carry herself well, oh! and she is young too! She is aware that I am struggling to get to my target weight (she doesn't know about the sleeve) and now she is complaining that she is under her target weight! And that if she doesn't put weight ON she will have to start paying again - she goes to a weekly club thing. She's lost it all through diet and no exercise. This did one on my head to be honest - insensitive? Or just completely in her own weight loss bubble? Here's me struggling like hell and she knows it - she knows I do the 5:2 and exercise, and she just kept on about being under her target! Arghhhhh ... I dunno - I was a little sharp with her and told her to just drop her target weight and not and not pay. She said: 'Nah, I'll just have a Snickers bar!' - What? really? FFS!!!! Ok... rant over... sorry but momentarily that really p*ssed me off!

Lol man flu. Sorry but I love that.

Your friend? Ugh that would kinda bug me too...

I'd actually encourage her to eat the snickers bar.. Or three :D

I try not to get upset when I see these people all passing me up around here.. Yes they are younger or they don't have my metabolism or of course they are dropping it like crazy they ate crAp before the sleeve, blah blah blah..

It still can put me in a shITy place though..

My weight has flatlined for a month..

Nothing new drop a pound and that's it for a month.. But I have my appt with my surgeon next week and I had a goal JUST to be in the 140's

clothed (for the weigh in) I'm 149 on a good day and 150 on a bad day... I just wanted to get say about 147 or 146 so it will show in the 140's

:(

Flipping holiday season!!!

Well, Pals, we are in the middle of the apocalyptic ice storm aftermath here! Now I to second day of house bound with lots of food! You know. You HAVE to have all this food to get you through it! Both grand girls are here too because Mom, the Nurse, has been staying at job til she can get home on the roads. Let's see- I've made chicken noodle (lots of big fat noodles) Soup, biscuits and gravy, BBQ meat, girls made red velvet cupcakes and they DID have SF icing. :). I've eaten four!

Need I say more! ;). Heaven help us all! Ha!

Well, Pals, we are in the middle of the apocalyptic ice storm aftermath here! Now I to second day of house bound with lots of food! You know. You HAVE to have all this food to get you through it! Both grand girls are here too because Mom, the Nurse, has been staying at job til she can get home on the roads. Let's see- I've made chicken noodle (lots of big fat noodles) Soup, biscuits and gravy, BBQ meat, girls made red velvet cupcakes and they DID have SF icing. :). I've eaten four! Need I say more! ;). Heaven help us all! Ha!

Wholly sweet Jesus!!

I'm praying for a thaw!!!

That attitude will get her a speedy weight regain alright... 42pounds+! I have a co worker who has lost 65 pounds in about 3 months, she comes in every week at weighin, and gives me a high 5 because she has lost 3 more pounds. I am happy for her, she needed a change, and I hope she can keep it off, but I worry a bit, she started walking 2 hours a day, weight lifting 2 days and gym 2 days a week, then a 1200 or less cal diet... I don't see how she can keep it up after the weight loss....she even knows she cant keep it up...

This week has been a mis match for me... hubby' birthday food on Monday, good fast days on Tue and Thur then pizza last night to Celebrate Betty's Police Cadet acceptance.  Now it is the weekend and I am not hungry at the moment.  I still have the dreaded man flu so I haven't been to the gym this week - it is also manic in work at the moment and my energy levels are really low and it is sooooo cold - and that doesn't help either!

I'm not saying I'm off track, but I don't 'feel' on track either if that makes sense.

My bounce has started already - so I know I need a little more vigilance on my feast days for sure.  I really wanted to see my surgeon's goal for Christmas, but I don't think that will happen looking over my 5:2 pattern of losing.  Never mind - it will come in the New Year!

On a side note a friend in work - who is a dear friend and I love her to bits has done well on the 'conventional' slimming world diet - she's lost just over 3 stone - 42lbs and is looking fab. Others have told her that she is too skinny but I don't think so, she is really tall and has lovely long legs so she can carry herself well, oh!   and she is young too!

She is aware that I am struggling to get to my target weight (she doesn't know about the sleeve) and now she is complaining that she is under her target weight! And that if she doesn't put weight ON she will have to start paying again - she goes to a weekly club thing.  She's lost it all through diet and no exercise.

This did one on my  head to be honest - insensitive? Or just completely in  her own weight loss bubble?  Here's me struggling like hell and she knows it - she knows I do the 5:2 and exercise, and she just kept on about being under her target!  Arghhhhh ...

I dunno - I was a little sharp with her and told her to just drop her target weight and not and not pay.  She said: 'Nah, I'll just have a Snickers bar!' - What?  really? FFS!!!!

Ok... rant over... sorry but momentarily that really p*ssed me off!

this week I realized (again) how thin the ice is I'm skating on... when everything is in place, and I am all prepared and in the right mood, physically well... I can pull this thing off (the routine), but company, holidays, injury..... bam, things start sliding sideways. I am in my current "bounce maintanance" range 169-172, but really need that range to shift down 5 pounds to all be in the 60's....sometime!(I'm with you coops, the new year looks like the time) But life is always going to have something going on that I can't control....and even don't want to control.... so Im trying to grab the days that fit my criteria, and keep the ship from sinking that way. 5:2 really helps this... 

Edited by feedyoureye

ARGH!! I am on the ledge. Been really trying to lose since starting 5:2 around August or Sept and I can only bounce around the same stupid 5 pounds. Added excersise and still nothing. Yes I have a few bad days. But the good days out weight the bad so I should be losing. This is just like dietin strugggles before the sleeve. And now I am concerned I am eating too much protien. I guess I will make an appt with thewls nutrionist. ARGH!! I have to do something different cause what I am doing and have been doing isn't working. Not ready to give up but darnit I am frustrated!!!

Brown the Protein debate..I don't know I'm going to look into it but not stress at the moment about it.

Now the weight loss! Imma stressing :P

But really I am going to do what I can right now which is maintain through the holidays.

I wanted to lose during this month, but I've come to the realization that my schedule is really out of whack and special occasions are being thrown at me left and right...

New goal maintain for three more weeks :)

ARGH!! I am on the ledge. Been really trying to lose since starting 5:2 around August or Sept and I can only bounce around the same stupid 5 pounds. Added excersise and still nothing. Yes I have a few bad days. But the good days out weight the bad so I should be losing. This is just like dietin strugggles before the sleeve. And now I am concerned I am eating too much protien. I guess I will make an appt with thewls nutrionist. ARGH!! I have to do something different cause what I am doing and have been doing isn't working. Not ready to give up but darnit I am frustrated!!!

I can understand your frustration. I would be too! Not sure what the answer is but I would not worry overly about too much Protein and maybe your body just hasn't/doesn't like to let go and you need to stick with low cal/exercise strictly for a little longer. I would def talk to the nutritionist.